• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tony's Town Square for Vegetarians

figarofan

Mouseketeer
We had a reservation for Tony's at 7:30pm, but went about an hour early. The place was packed, but we were accomodated quickly. Could be that there were only the two of us.

I loved the restaurant, it gave off a happy feeling, great ambience, super service, etc. And being a big fan of Lady & the Tramp, the theming of the restaurant was very cool...big pictures of all the dogs and cats from the movie, a fountain in the center...loved it.

Now the server was absolutely wonderful going throught the vegetarian options and even the vegan choices. There was a Pasta Primevera not on the menu and that is what I ordered.

Now, for the food --it was very disappointing. There was absolutely no flavor and to top it off there was water on the pasta. I took the lemon that was to be used for my water and squeezed that on the food. Then added crushed red pepper, salt, regular pepper. I got a little more flavor in there, but it was the worst TS meal I had. I maybe should have sent it back...but I am one of those nut cases that is afraid if you send food back it will return accompanied with spit. Sorry..just me.

Still, I would go for it again...I think maybe they thought vegetarian, meant no seasoning? I would simply ask them to please be sure the food is seasoned. I really did love the restuarant itself.

Now I had kind of the opposite experience- I, also am a vegetarian. DH and I went there for dinner before the 9/22 MNSSHP.

I LOVED my pasta I got. I wanted pasta and asked for the dish w/o meatballs, but our server suggested the Eggplant Rotini - roulade of eggplant and ricotta, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and that comes with a side of pasta! I got to try both. I thought the sauce was delish!!! it was perfect

DH hated his meal (Seafood Diavoli - clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp, and salmon in a spicy tomato sauce) it had some kind of fat noodles. (I'm Italian, and I have been to my share of Sunday dinners, but I have never seen these noodles before!) :rotfl:

I didnt care at all for my appetizer Spinach and Artichoke Dip, it was just OK, the dessert sampler, just OK.

But what I didnt really like was- we were still on our appetizers and they were bringing us dinner! I just think thats rude. :confused3

My pasta was good but I doubt we will be going back again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter