Tokyo Disney Itineraries

Yes, yes! DD is graduating this year from university. She really wants to visit Japan, so we are going this July. First time to this beautiful country. Too little time yet too many things to do! Planning a trip to Japan is more challenging than planning FPs for WDW! Your little man definitely has picked one of the best places to celebrate his high school graduation!! I am skipping Hiroshima this time, but going to Sapporo instead to escape from the heat for a few days before going to HK (my hometown). This way I would have an excuse to go to Japan again to see Hiroshima. :teeth:

I agree that Japan is very expensive. I have been telling DH numerous times that this trip is going to be quite costly. Hope he wouldn’t have the payment shock after DD and I return from the trip. :smooth:

Wow July!?!! It's just around the corner! Do you have your own thread like @Haley R ? You should put it in your signature for easier access. We need details! :woohoo:

Wow July!?!! It's just around the corner! Do you have your own thread like @Haley R ? You should put it in your signature for easier access. We need details! :woohoo:
I haven’t started planning the TDR part in details. I just finalized the dining for the non-TDR part. I will see if I have time to do what Haley R does as I will be moving in a month. Thanks for the tip to post a link in my signature! That’s a great idea!

Day 3- DisneySea (9 am-10 pm)
  • I think we will have a late start and sleep in some (maybe get there at 10 am)

• Grab a Today pamphlet at the front

• Get breakfast at Mamma Biscotti’s Bakery

• Get FPs for anything we want to re-ride from the first day

• Ride Raging Spirits (Lost River Delta)
    • Get a FP if the line is too long
  • Abu’s Bazaar (Agrabah)
    • Lose the games to get pins
  • Eat a bunch of snacks for lunch

• DisneySea Transit Steamer Line (Mediterranean Harbor to Cape Cod)

• Shop for merch

• Explore Mermaid Lagoon

• Eat dinner at Sebastian’s Calypso Kitchen (Mermaid Lagoon)

• The Cape Cod lighthouse platform is good fireworks viewing location in Tokyo DisneySea
Day 4-Disneyland (9 am-10 pm)
  • I think we will have a late start and sleep in some (maybe get there at 10 am)

• Grab a Today pamphlet at the front

• Breakfast at Sweetheart Cafe
    • Mike melon bread
  • Get FPs for anything we want to re-ride from the first day (on the way to Fantasyland)

• Ride Pinocchio's Daring Journey (Fantasyland)

• Ride Alice’s Tea Party (Fantasyland)

• Ride Snow White’s Adventures (Fantasyland)

• Ride Star Tours (Tomorrowland)
    • Get a FP if the line is too long
  • Lunch at Pan Galactic Pizza Port, Tomorrowland Terrace, or Plazma Ray’s Diner in Tomorrowland
    • Could try things from each one
    • Personal pizzas, Alien Mochi and Star Wars Mochi
    • Mickey shaped burgers and chicken nuggets, Alien Mochi
    • Mickey Glove shaped chicken pao sandwich
  • Walk through Donald’s boat (Toontown)

• Walk through Chip and dale’s treehouse (Toontown)

• Walk through Cinderella’s Fairytale Hall (Fantasyland)

• Shop for merch

• Eat a bunch of snacks for dinner

• Get medallions in the Penny Arcade (World Bazaar)
    • Need yen for this
  • Could hop over to DisneySea for our last night

Hello! My teen boys loved and enjoyed the Star Wars Mochi.

My husband and my teen boys got Fast Pass for Star Tours. Fast Pass was at 7:00PM. There was NO LINE after that so my husband and teen boys went an additional 2 times after that!

Hello! My teen boys loved and enjoyed the Star Wars Mochi.

My husband and my teen boys got Fast Pass for Star Tours. Fast Pass was at 7:00PM. There was NO LINE after that so my husband and teen boys went an additional 2 times after that!
Awesome! Dh is looking forward to the Star Wars mochi that’s why I made sure we knew where to get it lol. I really want the alien mochi.

Cute & love them!

DS got the Alien dish 2015 and I believe the Claw machine is new for 2019?
View attachment 388885

Star Wars dish & mochi flavors sound AMAZING!
View attachment 388886
I’m picky with food but most desserts I love. The mochi looks so good! I love that alien claw container!! I probably need to refrain from buying it though. We bought an oogie boogie popcorn bucket in October (if you remember me getting it on eBay) and we rarely use it.

Cute & love them!

DS got the Alien dish 2015 and I believe the Claw machine is new for 2019?
View attachment 388885

Star Wars dish & mochi flavors sound AMAZING!
View attachment 388886
I think the claw machine case is going away on March 25th. It is so cute but we never buy things like this because they just sit in the house and gather dust. If it went “OOOHHH” every so often, I’d go for it, though. :laughing:

I think the claw machine case is going away on March 25th. It is so cute but we never buy things like this because they just sit in the house and gather dust. If it went “OOOHHH” every so often, I’d go for it, though. :laughing:
I think you're right because I looked and it's part of the Pixar event. I need them to release Tanabata stuff now!

You mentioned these in your thread.

Penny Arcade at the World Bazaar
My 14 year old teen son loved and enjoyed the Penny Arcade. He is a gamer. He enjoyed the "classic" games like Skee Ball and Golf.

Not sure what the name of it??? We enjoyed the Lights display and songs (night show) at the World Bazaar.

Big Band Beat Lottery Ticket
We got 4 Lottery Tickets to attend the show. We just came back when it was closer to the showtime. I guess it really depends on you- if you don't mind waiting. My 16 year old teen son is really into Broadway and Musical Theatre so this was a MUST for us. It was cool and fun to watch Mickey and Friends (Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy) performing and having a good time!

People usually just call it the World Bazaar lights display the "Celebration Street Projection Mapping". But there's also a version name for particular shows, ex. "35th Anniversary Grand Finale Version". Unless you are talking about the music and songs after the closing time of the park which I think people just refer to as "nighttime atmosphere entertainment".

You know the more i think about it Im wondering if we should try to go go Shanghai Disney also. Im also booking
flights /hotel with points but i noticed i can get a free stop over. Not sure how that works. Also the 144 hour visa
thing is confusing. Hitting Paris later in the year and after that I really think i can only stand ONE more long flight so
the thought of coming back to try Shanghai is not appealing. My kids have only mentioned wanting to see Tokyo Sea
Ghibli and Mt Fuji pokemon cafe and of all things Universal. That is it lol

Did you ever think of visitng Shanghai also?

Just chiming in to say that we're doing this next month. We did HKDL and SDL in 2017 and loved SDL so much that we're doing a couple days there before heading on to TDR. It's especially convenient because of the 144 hour TWOV; definitely something to consider when planning your trips to Asia!

Just chiming in to say that we're doing this next month. We did HKDL and SDL in 2017 and loved SDL so much that we're doing a couple days there before heading on to TDR. It's especially convenient because of the 144 hour TWOV; definitely something to consider when planning your trips to Asia!
Do you only do the parks when you go or do you explore the surrounding areas too?

Do you only do the parks when you go or do you explore the surrounding areas too?

Depends. In Shanghai we just did SDL, but we've been to mainland China (Beijing) before.
Hong Kong and Tokyo we also explored the cities; they're both fantastic places! We have a couple days in Tokyo proper this time around as well.

Depends. In Shanghai we just did SDL, but we've been to mainland China (Beijing) before.
Hong Kong and Tokyo we also explored the cities; they're both fantastic places! We have a couple days in Tokyo proper this time around as well.
We might have to look at Hong Kong then sometime because most reviews we read people mainly just went to the parks and didn't want to explore the city. We are doing 3 weeks in Japan so we are excited!

We might have to look at Hong Kong then sometime because most reviews we read people mainly just went to the parks and didn't want to explore the city. We are doing 3 weeks in Japan so we are excited!

They're missing out - Hong Kong is a terrific place. Amazing museums, excellent food and some of the best shopping I've ever experienced. We could have spent another couple days exploring the city.

Your Japan itinerary looks great!

If you go to Hong Kong, you should consider spending a day or two in Macau. Hong Kong is my hometown. I am not interested in the touristy sites, but just going to different places for yummy food is going to take a few days. We spent 3 days in HLDL in 2016 and 2018. This time we will spend a week just for Hong Kong. I may go visit some special sites for DD and meeting my BFFs. If you just want to visit the park, you can do a longer layover in Hong Kong. The park is very close to the airport. But it is an amazing city that’s worth a visit of its own.

Last edited:
If you go to Hong Kong, you should consider spending a day or two in Macau. Hong Kong is my hometown. I am not interested in the touristy sites, but just going to different places for yummy food is going to take a few days. We spent 3 days in HLDL in 2016 and 2018. This time we will spend a week just for Hong Kong. I may go visit some special sites for DD and meeting my BFFs. If you just want to visit the park, you can do a longer layover in Hong Kong. The park is very close to the airport. But it is an amazing city that’s worth a visit of its own.
If we went to Hong Kong we would definitely spend time in the city. I wouldn’t go all that way just for the parks

I'm trying to put Hong Kong in as a layover and not getting the best results. I originally thought we should hit all 3
parks in 2021. Now I have scrapped that and decided to put TDL back to back with our Hawaii trip next year and just
leave from the islands. I'm hoping that it is not too overwhelming. I'm still trying to squeeze HK in ...even for just a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts