To go or not to go (1 day solo)

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
I’m going on a Disney cruise with family in November but will be arriving two days early because I don’t trust flight’s anymore, and who am I kidding, I get to spend two nights in Disney prior to the cruise. My plan was to not go to any parks and just relax but I feel like I may want to go to Magic Kingdom for one day. The problem? It’s “Jersey Week”, a holiday that week (Veterans Day) and there’s a marathon all happening this week-to top it off it’s about $180 for one day. I’d be going 11/5 (Sunday). I’m going to be solo so I’d be able to do what I want, at whatever pace I want - I’d get to eat at MK so I think it’d be worth it but I do wonder just how crowded that day will be?

Would you go? I’m leaning towards yes, just do it. I have no expectations of going on every ride or anything as I was just there in January. How bad could it be?

Go for it! Personally, I’d to to Epcot, especially if Food & Wine will still be on…but if MK is your jam, do it!

Oh, I'd go. I know Jersey week is a deterrent to some, but WDW is always crowded. I've actually heard it's not too bad. As a NJ native myself, I always hope the avoidance of Jersey Week isn't because of any misconceptions of NJ (thanks, Jersey Shore). Most of us are actually pretty nice human beings.

As far as doing it solo, that's a dream come true. A day in WDW to do exactly as you please sounds like an amazing way to start your vacation!

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.

1. I'd go to MK b/c there is no way I could be that close and not go. I'd think about all day long. But then the crowds would probably change my mind, even though you're solo, not all rides have single rider lines.
2. I wouldn't go and just relax around the resort. Eat your meals at a different resort and just meander through the resorts and take all that in. I'd be happy just laying around a Disney pool with a drink in my hand.

Good luck trying to decide.

I'm not sure I could stomach the cost of a one day ticket if you are a regular visitor. Maybe another attraction in Orlando? Have you ever been to Universal? Or Discovery cove? Volcano Bay?

I would go only because I'm betting once you arrive and are SO CLOSE you'll wish you were going to the parks.

However, if you plan your own itinerary without the parks (resort hop? I go solo and use my arrival day to explore the Monrail resorts or take the Skyliner to the Boardwalk resorts) that could save you some $$ and keep you busy and in the Disney bubble too.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.

1. I'd go to MK b/c there is no way I could be that close and not go. I'd think about all day long. But then the crowds would probably change my mind, even though you're solo, not all rides have single rider lines.
2. I wouldn't go and just relax around the resort. Eat your meals at a different resort and just meander through the resorts and take all that in. I'd be happy just laying around a Disney pool with a drink in my hand.

Good luck trying to decide.
1. If the cost of admission at $180 for park entry into the Magic Kingdom does not deter you, purchase that ticket and enjoy solo wandering through the Magic Kingdom -- setting your own pace and agenda. Visiting the various shops, snacking and eating as you please, enjoying the rides and attractions, watching the castle court and main street entertainment and viewing the parade ... truly sound like a wonderful day.
Or ...
2. Visit Disney Springs and the resorts and spend that $180 plus dollars on souvenirs and new vacation clothing! Plan to eat at a resort restaurant that you have been dreaming of visiting.

Have a great vacation!
Mixing a Disney Cruise with a few day at Walt Disney World -- whatever you decide to do you are going to have an amazing vacation!

I'd say go and enjoy yourself. Like other's have already pointed out, go and enjoy yourself for that one day. I've been on 3 solo trips, ok, we'll call it 2.5, and loved it. The first trip down was with a college friend of mine who had a different idea of how to vacation at Disney World. We ultimately chose to vacation separately and meet up for meals. It worked out perfectly. The other 2 solo trips were true solo trips. Went down for 7 nights solo and enjoyed every minute of it. Yes, there were times I wish I had someone to chat with, but for the majority of it I had a blast. And for a 1 day solo trip it shouldn't be a problem doing a park by yourself.

As far as doing it solo, that's a dream come true. A day in WDW to do exactly as you please sounds like an amazing way to start your vacation!

:thumbsup2

I would have to go. If it’s really crowded, it will be fun to people-watch. I also take a Kindle with me and when I need a break, I grab a drink and snack and head over to Tom Sawyer Island and go sit in the rocking chairs, maybe read, but really, just enjoy being there.

If you had a park hopper, I'd say give it a try and if it's unbearable, stay until lunch and then dip out to another park. (which is what I've done in the past)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter