• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Cinderella at MK on June 22 2010, Thank You!

shelbys mommy

DIS Veteran
As we wait in line with my 14 month old daughter to see the princesses, I realize I am doing it more for myself than for her, even though she loves them, she won't remember this. The wait was 60 mins & it flew by. When we met Cinderella, I put my 14 month old on the ground to walk up to her. Cinderella sat on the floor & held my daughter & called her "Tiny Princess Shelby". Cinderella also asked if my daughter could come back to live with her in the castle. There was no way I could fight back the tears. Cinderella has always been my favorite princess & I am certain as my daughter gets older, because of this experience, will be hers also. The pictures I got of them together are priceless. I am not sure if she does this with everyone, but it sure made me feel special. She spent a good 10 minutes just holding my daughter & hugging on her so sweetly. And my never be still, always on the go daughter just sat there on her lap & never moved. So thank you Cinderella for making that the most magical moment in our trip. I will never forget it.

My avatar is the pic of my daughter & Cinderella.

This kind of story is why I love WDW so much; glad that you have a beautiful picture of such a magical experience.

As soon as I read that part in your ptr, I started bawling :( I just imagined me bringing my daughter to meet all of the princesses for the first time, and the tears started rolling! I know that i'm only 17, but I know for a fact that the first time I bring my daughter to the happiest place on earth, and let her see everything (well, almost everything) that I experienced as a child, I won't be able to get the tears to stop. Thank you for this heartwarming story, it literally made my day!!!

What a great story! The photo is beyond precious. So glad you have a memory that will last a lifetime!

I had a simillar experience with my daughter and Cinderella.

she was turning 2 and was afraid of all the characters. we waited in the line forever and when she saw cinderella she ran to her. cindy did the same thing knelt down and hugged her. I cryed like a baby and will remember it always.

I had a simillar experience with my daughter and Cinderella.

she was turning 2 and was afraid of all the characters. we waited in the line forever and when she saw cinderella she ran to her. cindy did the same thing knelt down and hugged her. I cryed like a baby and will remember it always.

Amazing isn't it!

Well after my 180 day no ADR funk, I received this email today:

Here is the email I received:

Hello-

I’m a writer for our internal Disney publication, Eyes & Ears. We were recently forwarded a copy of a letter you sent, praising the kind actions of our Cinderella. I was wondering if you would mind if we printed a portion of the letter and the photo you sent, in an upcoming issue of our publication. We feature a guest letter each month as a way to show all our cast members how important our interactions with guests really are.

Please let me know. I’d also be happy to send you a few copies.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

Senior Writer, Eyes & Ears

My heart! I am sobbing crying! I am sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter