Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

Thanks. We had a great time hanging out with all of you, too. :)

:grouphug:

That time of year seems to have the best weather. Food and Wine and the Halloween stuff is fun, too. But my new favorite time is right after Thanksgiving. The weather is usually still nice and the Christmas activities are lots of fun. :)

So far fall/October has been my favorite time. The only time I have been when the parks were decked out was the January trip when I was helping Teena packed. Main Street was gorgeous with decorations and I couldn't believe Hollywood Studios was still decorated on January 10! I haven't seen the resorts decorated, though.

:santa:

When I hear this song I have to drop what I am doing and listen to every word of it. This is the best "one hit wonder" ever. ::yes::

I'm a big fan of Tainted Love, but I think my favorite One Hit Wonder has to be that gem from 1982: Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners!

:rockband:

Food & Wine

Killing it at Magic Kingdom for 5 hours really works up an appetite!

Nannette had not been to F&W yet since arriving at Disney, so EPCOT was the logical destination.

And that means…

MONORAIL!!!

Monorail IS a ride.jpg

I love taking pictures of EPCOT as the train circles the park.

DSCF2892%202.jpg

DSCF2893.jpg

DSCF2894.jpg

DSCF2895.jpg

DSCF2896.jpg

DSCF2897.jpg

DSCF2899%202.jpg

DSCF2900.jpg

DSCF2902.jpg

We walked in and headed to the left.

DSCF2903.jpg

Nannette wanted to stop at the Festival Center. She was picking up something as either an AP holder or DVC member, can’t remember what.

DSCF2905.jpg

Our first food stop was the EPCOT Legacy Showplace in the Odyssey Center, where Nannette got the Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich and Janet and I split the Scotch Egg wrapped in Sausage with mustard sauce.

I didn’t try the macaroni, the Scotch egg was ok.

DSCF2907.jpg

DSCF2908.jpg

Next up, we hit the jackpot in Spain. We got the Charcuterie in a Cone (imported Spanish meats, cheeses and olives with an Herb Vinaigrette), Traditional Spanish Paella (Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken, and Crispy Chorizo) and the Seafood Salad (Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Mussels, Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika).

We sat down at a table to eat, and two women came over to us to ask a question:

“This is going to sound weird, but can we take a picture of your Paella? We just got this but forgot to take a picture before eating it”

Not weird. Not weird at all!

Snap away.

After all of the food was properly documented, we enjoyed our selections.

DSCF9735.jpg

DSCF9736.jpg

DSCF9737.jpg

DSCF9738.jpg

All tasty.

We didn’t wander very far for our next sample from Brazil: Escondidinho de Carne “Little Hidden One”- Layered Meat Pie with Mashed Yucca.

DSCF9743.jpg

Unfortunately, the flavor was the hidden one. It was not nearly as spicy as I would have liked.

The big winner of the day, however was the Seared Scallops with Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms from The Wine & Dine Studio in Future World West.

DSCF9744.jpg

DSCF9745.jpg

YUM!

Then, Janet and I were in for the biggest treat of all- Nannette took us up to the DVC lounge above the Imagination pavilion.

DSCF9747.jpg

What a view!

DSCF9751.jpg

DSCF9748.jpg

This was a really neat space to take a break, charge electronics or grab a complimentary soft drink.

We sat for a few minutes while we formulated our plan for the rest of the evening and the following day.

Next Up: Take me to the River

Last edited:
That seafood salad was one of my favorites.
I agree the Scotch egg was ok. I do love the scotch egg at rose & crown.
The DVC lounge looks really cool. I wish they had a space like that for APs!!
I took a peek at ninjamom’s photos as well. They were truly incredible!!!

Completely agree!
No trip to the World is complete without one. Even if it's just to go to the nearest resort.

And that I don't do. I always forget. I'm so busy oohing and ahhing.
Great photos, though!

Nannette wanted to stop at the Festival Center. She was picking up something as either an AP holder or DVC member, can’t remember what.

Pin, maybe?

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich

Dang! That sounds good!

I didn’t try the macaroni, the Scotch egg was ok.

I've made them. Not worth the effort, I found.

Next up, we hit the jackpot in Spain. We got the Charcuterie in a Cone (imported Spanish meats, cheeses and olives with an Herb Vinaigrette), Traditional Spanish Paella (Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken, and Crispy Chorizo) and the Seafood Salad (Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Mussels, Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika).

All of that sounds good, minus the olives.

“This is going to sound weird, but can we take a picture of your Paella? We just got this but forgot to take a picture before eating it”

Not weird. Not weird at all!

:laughing: Did you ask if they were on the DIS?

Escondidinho de Carne “Little Hidden One”- Layered Meat Pie with Mashed Yucca.

That sounds yucca.

But I'd try it, never having had yucca before. Who knows? Maybe I'd like it.

Unfortunately, the flavor was the hidden one. It was not nearly as spicy as I would have liked.

Oh, well.... one person's mild is another one's hot.

The big winner of the day, however was the Seared Scallops with Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms from The Wine & Dine Studio in Future World West.

Nope. You said a bad word there. (Well two)

Nannette took us up to the DVC lounge above the Imagination pavilion.

Cool! Had no idea that existed.

I think Mission to Mars looks better from the monorail than from the ground. The architecture of that building is amazing.

After all of the food was properly documented, we enjoyed our selections.
The food looks good. I'm sorry that we didn't try more of the different foods at F&W. I tried a conch salad that was pretty terrible, though.

Then, Janet and I were in for the biggest treat of all- Nannette took us up to the DVC lounge above the Imagination pavilion.
The DVC lounge looks really nice. I bet there is a nice view of Illuminations from up there. I wonder what they used the space for before they converted it to a member lounge.

Who doesn't love the monorail? Love all the food pictures! It looks great as I am now into planning mode for my first Food and Wine trip later this year. The DVC lounge looks great!

That seafood salad was one of my favorites.
I agree the Scotch egg was ok. I do love the scotch egg at rose & crown.
The DVC lounge looks really cool. I wish they had a space like that for APs!!
I took a peek at ninjamom’s photos as well. They were truly incredible!!!

My favorite is coming up, next day.

I love the concept of a Scotch egg. I have never dined at Rose & Crown, but I really should- I would love to try the Fish 'n Chips there and see how they do on the egg.

It was fun going into an "exclusive" space. I never went to the Disney Visa lounge (which I think is/was above the American pavilion)

~Ninja is very talented and puts a lot of work into her photos.

:goodvibes

Completely agree!
No trip to the World is complete without one. Even if it's just to go to the nearest resort.

::yes::

And that I don't do. I always forget. I'm so busy oohing and ahhing.
Great photos, though!

I really should just enjoy the moment every so often, since I have a collection of photos from the monorail, but I just can't stop snapping!

Pin, maybe?

Probably.

I've made them. Not worth the effort, I found.

I can see that. Maybe a deconstructed Scotch egg...

:laughing: Did you ask if they were on the DIS?

D'OH! I should have. :(

Cool! Had no idea that existed.

It is good to have friends in high places!

::yes::

Dang! That sounds good!

All of that sounds good, minus the olives.

That sounds yucca.

But I'd try it, never having had yucca before. Who knows? Maybe I'd like it.

Oh, well.... one person's mild is another one's hot.

Nope. You said a bad word there. (Well two)

I have come to the conclusion that you and I would make a great tag-team at Food & Wine. I'll take all the coconut, olives, Brussels and (mushrooms?). You can have any of the mac & cheese we encounter.

Deal?

:thumbsup2

I think Mission to Mars looks better from the monorail than from the ground. The architecture of that building is amazing.

I like being able to see the whole thing. Was this previously the Horizons attraction? The building and theming are certainly a lot more interesting now.

The food looks good. I'm sorry that we didn't try more of the different foods at F&W. I tried a conch salad that was pretty terrible, though.

Most of the things we tried were decent. Nothing terrible, everything else at least good and the scallop was really done well. Thanks for the heads up to avoid the conch.

The DVC lounge looks really nice. I bet there is a nice view of Illuminations from up there. I wonder what they used the space for before they converted it to a member lounge.

Good question about the previous use of the space. I don't know. Maybe offices of some sort. I don't know what the hours are- I bet it would be cool for Illuminations and even just at night.

:goodvibes

Who doesn't love the monorail? Love all the food pictures! It looks great as I am now into planning mode for my first Food and Wine trip later this year. The DVC lounge looks great!

Oh, cool! Will you be doing a Halloween party in addition to Food & Wine?

:hmghost:

What color?
Baby blue.

I really should just enjoy the moment every so often, since I have a collection of photos from the monorail, but I just can't stop snapping!

You go snap away to your heart's content. :)

I can see that. Maybe a deconstructed Scotch egg...

That's called sausage and eggs. ;)

I have come to the conclusion that you and I would make a great tag-team at Food & Wine. I'll take all the coconut, olives, Brussels and (mushrooms?). You can have any of the mac & cheese we encounter.

Deal?

:thumbsup2

I'll take the mushrooms. You can have the rest of the stuff you mentioned.

Great pics as you approached Epcot on the monorail! Sounds like a nice time sampling some F&W eats! And a nice treat stopping in the DVC lounge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter