Tipping ?

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
I know the recommend amounts for the various CM's but am confused is it for example for the main server $25.75 a day for 7 days?

Or is it $25.75 for a 7 day cruise mulitiplied by the number of people in your cabin, i.e. my family of 4?

Your 2nd answer is right. It is the amount for the entire length of the cruise per person. It is a suggestion and I have tipped outstanding crew members more for amazing service.

I'm blonde, and I get confused easily, no fairy needed;)

On the 2nd to last day of your cruise, you will get a tipping slip to fill out and take to guest services. You then pay at guest services with cash or on your stateroom charge. Vouchers are printed and you give them directly to your servers, host, etc. It's also a good time to take note of each CM's full name printed on the voucher. It came in handy when I wrote DCL commending our server (and also when you fill out your survey at the end of the cruise.)

Have a super time!

Thanks all :) I am trying to pay attention since my DH can't go this year and took care of all of the paying last year. :Pinkbounc

The receipt portion of the voucher also comes in handy when you go to put a scrapbook together of your trip photos, or a website - the names are written down and spelled correctly. No need to rely on potentially faulty memories.

Deb

what if we don't go to the dining room every night? Do I still tip what is "recommended"?

I know when you divide it out per night and per person, it's really not a lot of tip, but what if we're not using their service and going somewhere else, room service, etc, then we leave a tip for the service we ARE using and for service we AREN'T using???

thanks, Jeanny
:)

Yes, you should still tip. They are the same people who do breakfast and lunch whom you don't tip, and count on you beng there for dinner.

I'm understanding it a little more now,,, I was thinking what if we had breakfast/lunch/dinner at Topsiders/Pluto's or just called for room service.... If we didn't use the Dining Room AT ALL one or two or even three days for any meals, would we still have to tip the recommended amount for services we DIDN'T use, on top of what we tipped for services we DID use.

I hope I don't make this sound too confusing....I don't want to sound cheap, just trying to figure out the tipping process. I'm a VERY good tipper, usually at least 20% for decent service.

jeanny :)

Originally posted by Jeanny
I'm understanding it a little more now,,, I was thinking what if we had breakfast/lunch/dinner at Topsiders/Pluto's or just called for room service.... If we didn't use the Dining Room AT ALL one or two or even three days for any meals, would we still have to tip the recommended amount for services we DIDN'T use, on top of what we tipped for services we DID use.

Jeanny,

I would still tip at least the recommended amount for each of the servers. Even if you don't eat in the dining rooms, your seats are reserved there for you. If you don't tip your servers, there won't be anyone tipping them for those seats. Also, your dinner servers work at other areas on the ship during the day taking care of meals. Our main server helped us with lunch on Castaway Cay and our asst server cleared out table after we ate at Pluto's for lunch one day.

Tipping isn't expected for breakfast and lunch servers so, by tipping your dinner servers, it all equals out in the end. :)

Julie

One other thing to consider is your server at dinner might be the same person cleaning your table or serving your drinks at topsiders for breakfast or taking your order at lunch in Lumiere's. I would at least do the minimum and regardless of how many nights you go to dinner because they do more than just that meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter