Timing help for our next trip

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
So it's been 4 years since our last visit to WDW (I know -- yikes). My DD and I might make a trip next April or May.

So since we've made so many trips there in the past, we've done just about every special event except Star Wars weekend, which I have no interest in. I'm looking for the best time period in the spring that doesn't involve an event, a large contingent of cheerleaders/choirs or spring break and is just boring and least crowded.

Any suggestions?

We did the 2nd week in May a few years ago and it worked out because Spring Break ended two weeks prior and I think the Flower and Garden show had just ended or was at the tail end. No special groups that year that I remember but I would google around and see what is going on in the area just to be sure.

Park crowds were pretty good - 4,5 or 6 out of a scale of 10. ( 10 being high )

We did the 2nd week in May a few years ago and it worked out because Spring Break ended two weeks prior and I think the Flower and Garden show had just ended or was at the tail end. No special groups that year that I remember but I would google around and see what is going on in the area just to be sure.

Park crowds were pretty good - 4,5 or 6 out of a scale of 10. ( 10 being high )

Good information

With Easter being so late I would probably just avoid April. I would try to go early - mid May to hit the end of Flower and Garden.

With Easter being so late I would probably just avoid April. I would try to go early - mid May to hit the end of Flower and Garden.

Yeah, it's starting to look that way. We've been in May before, but during the flower show. So I think it's a pretty good month weather-wise.

I will second the idea of late April/early May to avoid the spring break and Easter crowds. If it were me I would opt for late April for the cooler temperatures. I know you been there/done that for the festivals but we really enjoy the Flower and Garden time at Epcot.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

I will second the idea of late April/early May to avoid the spring break and Easter crowds. If it were me I would opt for late April for the cooler temperatures. I know you been there/done that for the festivals but we really enjoy the Flower and Garden time at Epcot.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

We ended up getting to Epcot in time for the last day of that festival. We loved it because that year they had Pixar characters and topiaries, etc. It was great, but I honestly don't remember if it made it more crowded as we were so focused about going on the cruise.

We ended up getting to Epcot in time for the last day of that festival. We loved it because that year they had Pixar characters and topiaries, etc. It was great, but I honestly don't remember if it made it more crowded as we were so focused about going on the cruise.

I don't believe that F&G really effects Epcot crowd levels all that much. Except perhaps on the weekends when a few extra locals add to the vacation crowd. We have taken to avoiding Epcot on the weekends. Perhaps F&G helps attract a few more folks to WDW but it won't turn May into spring break crowded.

We are Disney snowbirds and for the last few years we have been there on F&G opening day and will return a number of times until we head north for the season. As gardeners we enjoy and appreciate the work behind all of the flowers and topiaries. We aren't foodies so the increasing number of food booths don't really attract us.

I’ve done 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weeks of April. Weather is nice, crowds aren’t too bad, and there’s F&G. Just avoid Easter and be aware of when the Dark Side half marathon is scheduled.

May is also nice. I’ve been during the first two weeks. Low crowds, weather getting warmer though.

I don't believe that F&G really effects Epcot crowd levels all that much. Except perhaps on the weekends when a few extra locals add to the vacation crowd. We have taken to avoiding Epcot on the weekends. Perhaps F&G helps attract a few more folks to WDW but it won't turn May into spring break crowded.

We are Disney snowbirds and for the last few years we have been there on F&G opening day and will return a number of times until we head north for the season. As gardeners we enjoy and appreciate the work behind all of the flowers and topiaries. We aren't foodies so the increasing number of food booths don't really attract us.

Do you mean they've added more food booths outside of the International Food Fair they have in November?

We are looking at going the beginning of May. We have been in January and March. I am a teacher so it usually revolves around a holiday so a little busier. Hoping May will bring nice weather and more manageable crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter