Ticket Question

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Help me decide. We have cousins who work at DW, we plan on going to the parks 5 days, no park hopping, MK 2 days, 1 day each at the others. Cousins have said they can get us in probably 2, 3 or 4 days at no cost to us, had asked if they could purchase like discount 5 day pass but they cannot. If they get us 3 days we will pay for 2. Just worried that these won't be like our 4 day tickets we had last year that we could use in the fast pass machine. Should we take them up on this offer or should we just go ahead and buy the base MYW tickets for 5 days? Anyone who know about this, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!!!!

I went in October last year with my sister, who's husband's family relations was able to get them in for free also. This sounded like a great plan, and it was, for them, but for the rest of us that were paying for our tickets, it was kind of a pain. The way it worked for us was we would go to the gates and call the person that was getting them in. He then had to walk out and get them in with his employee card. Regardless of the park we were going to that day, we still had to enter at the park he was working, Animal Kingdom. Plus, there were times he was busy and we ended up waiting quite awhile at the front gates. Once we then traveled to whatever park we were actually going to, everything seemed to work the same. I know they used the Fast Pass system. It only took a couple days of this for me to figure out the time wasted in the morning trying to get in to the park we were after was silly. So, my advice is to make sure you know the process you will be using to get people in. Is it really worth the time? We ended up just going to the park we wanted and then they would call when they finally arrived. Some days I was surprised how late it was.

Good Luck

BTW - This guy was a food service manager, and he was able to get 4 people in for free.

The tickets the CM gets you when they "sign you in" are 1 day park hoppers so you can go to all 4 parks in the same day if you choose. You can use them for Fast Passes just like the other tickets you would buy. I say if you can save some major money by getting signed in then DO IT. I emailed a couple of CM friends telling them we were thinking of coming for Spring Break and wondering if we could mooch tickets and neither one has emailed me back! :rotfl: Wonder if we have finally worn out our welcome with them! LOL

Usually the CM passes - even for management was for the CM plus 3 others. I have never heard of one being good for 4 people at once but I havent been signed in by a CM in a few months so it may have changed.

Heck if you dont want to use your friends generous offer we would love to! :)

MCMom

Don't forget thinking about future vacation plans. Let's say your cousins get you in for two out of your five days. The dollars you save buying 3 day passes as opposed to 5 day passes is quite small. But if you buy 10 day non-expiring passes for future use, the cost per day is much less for finishing this vacation as well as enjoying the next.

There are other strategies, such as having one family member use all of the handout passes and buying full length (5 day) passes for everybody else. Unfortunately there are too many unknowns such as whether the handouts are pre-cancelled and/or have to be used that very day. Also these esoteric strategies will make things more complicated for your cousins.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter