Ticket format?

momofbk

Earning My Ears
Hello - We're Disneyworld vets, so we're accustomed to magic bands. We're going to Disneyland for the first time in a couple of weeks (yay!!) and I heard they do not utilize magic bands there. So what kind of format are the tickets? Are they like plastic credit-card size, are they paper, or what? Just wondering how best to keep up with our group's tickets while we're there. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

They are card stock hard printed credit card-ish sized tickets and/or if you download the Disneyland App you can load your ticket there as well and scan digitally using your phone.

If you add Maxpass and the DL App, you can create groups to manage the entire group's FastPasses

They are paper (cardstock). You can also manage them on the Disneyland app but even with e-tickets you will also be issued a paper cardstock ticket at entry. The paper tickets will be used for park entry (though you can also use the app for entry) and for paper fastpasses if you use that system. If you have or plan to purchase MaxPass, that will be booked via the app exclusively though you can scan the paper ticket at the FP entrance as well. I found that we use paper tickets for park entry and FP return so each person can hold their own/we can use more than one FP return scanner at once, while I manage the FP booking (via MaxPass) on my phone.

I ordered tickets from Airmiles (in Canada) and they are cardstock. One has Mickey and they other is a Storm Trooper. Will I be re-issued tickets at the gates or those will be my tickets for the duration of my trip? I already added them to the app since I want to purchase MaxPass once there.

I ordered tickets from Airmiles (in Canada) and they are cardstock. One has Mickey and they other is a Storm Trooper. Will I be re-issued tickets at the gates or those will be my tickets for the duration of my trip? I already added them to the app since I want to purchase MaxPass once there.

The tickets will not be re-issued, those tickets you have right now will be the tickets you will use for your whole trip.

If in the event they are re-printed at the gate, the barcode within the app will automatically update to reflect your new ticket barcode.

If I have the e-ticket in the app, will I have to wait in an additional line (other than the main ticketing entrance) to get a paper ticket?

If I have the e-ticket in the app, will I have to wait in an additional line (other than the main ticketing entrance) to get a paper ticket?

No. The CM at the park entrance gate will scan the ticket in the app and then will hand you a paper ticket printed out on the spot.

Go straight to the gates with your e-ticket.
The CM will scan in your e-ticket and issue you a paper ticket.
They will take your picture and tag it to your ticket.
They'll also have you sigh the back of the ticket.

No additional lines are necessary.

I have an add on question as I always do these days lol ... if we're going to use the app most often to get in could I screen shot the tickets and send them to the individual to add as a background or picture that is easy to get to when we get to the main gate? We have a few people that likely won't have the app but would like the option to just pull up the picture quick and get in.

I have an add on question as I always do these days lol ... if we're going to use the app most often to get in could I screen shot the tickets and send them to the individual to add as a background or picture that is easy to get to when we get to the main gate? We have a few people that likely won't have the app but would like the option to just pull up the picture quick and get in.

That would definitely work for the FP scanners at the ride entrances since you self scan, but I’m not sure that the CM at the gate would accept that. My guess is they’d want to scan official media (paper ticket or app). Maybe someone else here has tried it and can chime in.

That would definitely work for the FP scanners at the ride entrances since you self scan, but I’m not sure that the CM at the gate would accept that. My guess is they’d want to scan official media (paper ticket or app). Maybe someone else here has tried it and can chime in.

You can scan a screenshot at the gate no issue. They're really not going to know the difference anyways and it's been recommended multiple times by several on these boards because the app can fail at the gate.

It's printed copies CMs tend to take issues with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter