Tianna’s bayou closed technical difficulties - Wed, Jun 19, 2024

BaybeeYoda

Mouseketeer
So it’s closed right now due to technical difficulties. I get that part but no notifications, no emails. They said check back every 20-30 minutes until 3pm. Because, well, they don’t know how to notify those who are on the list.

A little disappointed that they didn’t prepare for this situation …. Just an email to let us know it’s closed, and an email to let us know if it’s fixed or open would be nice.

Update- it’s been closed since 9:30am…. They claim there will be a push notification when it opens but who knows ;(

Last edited:
So it’s closed right now due to technical difficulties. I get that part but no notifications, no emails. They said check back every 20-30 minutes until 3pm. Because, well, they don’t know how to notify those who are on the list.

A little disappointed that they didn’t prepare for this situation …. Just an email to let us know it’s closed, and an email to let us know if it’s fixed or open would be nice.

Update- it’s been closed since 9:30am…. They claim there will be a push notification when it opens but who knows ;(
We are also here waiting for it to reopen. Definitely hopeful but not TOO hopeful…

Has it ever been able to run without issues? Not that I have heard. It has had issues and will probably will always have issues. Just like Rise of the Resistance. It’s a shame that so much of the ride isn’t working. It seems Disney cannot make a ride that can work. For some reason The Oriental Land Company in Japan can make rides and keep things working and tickets are cheaper than the US parks.

Has it ever been able to run without issues? Not that I have heard. It has had issues and will probably will always have issues. Just like Rise of the Resistance. It’s a shame that so much of the ride isn’t working. It seems Disney cannot make a ride that can work. For some reason The Oriental Land Company in Japan can make rides and keep things working and tickets are cheaper than the US parks.
A lot of that has to do with rides constantly being closed for a refurb. If you look at TDR's refurb schedule right now, you'll see that multiple rides are having month long refurbs and others have planned refurbs for 1-2 months. Imagine the outrage if the US parks did that. There is already outrage for Big Thunder's rumored refurb and that hasn't even been officially confirmed yet by Disney.

It is annoying that seem to have forgotten how to build rides. My understanding is because they made the animatronics run on a sensor instead of continuously. I get they want to have an "improved" experience but if the newer technology is unreliable, I don't know why they just don't go back to running the animatronics and sound on a loop. People were happy with the way it worked before.

New technology = new challenges. I would rather deal with the technical issues than having something like ROTR running on fixed rails with motionless animatronics. ROTR has never went down on us though.

newer technology is unreliable
every new ride has new technology, every new ride has problems. If they kept the ride the same with just updated sets then people would complain about that. Hard to keep people happy.
Hagrids broke down pretty much weekly for the first year it opened. It seems now they have worked out all the kinks.

I'm confident they will work out the problems, fix the issues, and get it running more consistently for the guests. Better to work out the issues before it's officially opened. Really looking forward to experiencing this new attraction later this year - when hopefully, it's running as intended!!

Has it ever been able to run without issues? Not that I have heard.
My daughter rode it 3 times during cast member previews. Does that count?

It has had issues and will probably will always have issues. Just like Rise of the Resistance. It’s a shame that so much of the ride isn’t working. It seems Disney cannot make a ride that can work. For some reason The Oriental Land Company in Japan can make rides and keep things working and tickets are cheaper than the US parks.
I hope you re-read this and appreciate how ridiculous it sounds. They are 2.5 weeks into the preview period. There's a reason for holding such tests before the public grand opening.

I'm pretty sure if you read some of the recent reports from TDR and Fantasy Springs, they also had some growing pains when opening attractions like Frozen and Peter Pan. There have been rides down for short periods there, too.

We were scheduled for the 0900-1000 DVC Tiana's Bayou Preview yesterday.

Arrived around 0930am...it was not working and they were evacuating riders...they said due to "weather'. There was light to medium rain pretty much all day yesterday, at least until we left Florida around 5:30pm.

We rode Space Mountain (~30 minute wait) then returned to check on Tiana again...still closed. We headed over to Haunted Mansion instead to get under cover and ride while there was more rain.

We were out of Haunted Mansion around 11:15am and from the distance I could see empty boats on Tiana's Bayou...so we made haste to get over there. We hopped in line which moved pretty quickly and by about 11:45am we were on the ride. Success! I was sure we would be missing it, as we had to leave for the airport by 3pm that day and with the rain we had no plans to stick around at MK for the rest of the day.

I hope they work out all of the kinks before the real "go" time for the ride begins. We have friends visiting the parks next week so we'll see what happens with them. I thought with our early morning planned arrival we would be good to go, but chances are if we had arrived promptly at 9am we would have ended up stuck and evacuated from the ride.

When we opened Splash in DL back in '89, the ride was supposed to open in January, then that got pushed back to February due to technical issues and we got as far as Cast Member previews (no AP, or DVC, etc. previews back then). Then it was finally decided that there were too many problems, and the opening got pushed all the way back to July of '89 (and even THEN, there were still problems). When they went back to sandbags (before the water bladders they currently use) after sending CM's through the ride, we joked that the company valued the sandbags more than us and was waiting until the ride was safe before risking the sand bags again.

New attractions have ALWAYS had glitches. Next time you see him, ask Tony Baxter about those first six months of 1989...

When we opened Splash in DL back in '89, the ride was supposed to open in January, then that got pushed back to February due to technical issues and we got as far as Cast Member previews (no AP, or DVC, etc. previews back then). Then it was finally decided that there were too many problems, and the opening got pushed all the way back to July of '89 (and even THEN, there were still problems). When they went back to sandbags (before the water bladders they currently use) after sending CM's through the ride, we joked that the company valued the sandbags more than us and was waiting until the ride was safe before risking the sand bags again.

New attractions have ALWAYS had glitches. Next time you see him, ask Tony Baxter about those first six months of 1989...
So, roughly, where does fixing the Yeti fall on this continuum? 8-)

Bring back the Yeti!

Is this fully open, or still in soft opening?
If open, no excuse. If soft open, that’s what it’s for.. to work out the bugs.
Exactly!!

We are in previews. There are certain things that cannot be anticipated or experienced without actual load testing with real people riding and the attraction experiencing everything that involves.

People complained for ages that it was taking too long to open. It wasn’t ready.

Now, there are things that the ride experiences during pre-views. Pre-views are held to work out the bugs. Attractions going up and down are to be anticipated during previews.

Will it go down once it’s fully open? Yes, but hopefully less often due to what they are learning and experiencing now.

This is what previews are for but it also doesn’t mean that it’s not disappointing to those there hoping to ride the attraction. It’s just part of the process.

OP will you please type the date this was in your title.

I’m curious how it running tonight 22nd. During the D23 event. We have tickets and were supposed to be there but at CWS instead.

I heard d23 day went smooth and a bunch of people on x were Bragging about riding 5+ times
Nice. I anticipated multiple rides if it was running well. Seeing the team win at the CWS was a better trade off. Hated there was no way to do both. Told my DH when i got the D23 tickets I’d as good as punched the ticket to the finals since it started the same day as the event. 😂

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter