Tianas Bayou Adventure - Disney Releases POV Ride Through

You shouldn't have to Google the attraction to find the story. It needs to be obvious to all who ride.
Ok, sure we can take that route. (But of course, I did have to google Splash Mountain’s story to realize it was more than just rabbit is getting hunted by some bad animals but not the point here, I guess)

The thing is most people here that are upset with the lack of storyline haven’t ridden it yet. The story is built through the queue and actually being on the ride. That’s literally how it is with all rides. I’m sure even without reading a google summary we can probably get a small gist of the ride, like how I was able to have a simple understanding of Splash Mountain, once we can actually experience it.

So until we ride it, we only have what Disney has said about it to go off of, so yes a quick google. I’m not sure what else they have to do. Make a better storyline? Yeah, maybe. That’s subjective but it’s silly at this point to say there’s no story. We want to hate on it, fine, but at least ride it before saying it has no story or that it sucks.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's because we are supposed to be frog-sized.

Haven't ridden it though. Just speculating.

No, not in that section. Tiana's face is on a screen large looking at you when you are shrunken, but it makes sense in there. I'm talking about the actual animatronics we see of her throughout, they are all massive. Just rode it this weekend.

I never realized until this thread that a story line is a big deal to people. I can't tell you the storyline on any ride in any of the parks. I don't know anything about Harry Potter but I still enjoy the rides at Universal
Unfortunately, some people can't accept the change and will continue to nitpick the new ride.

One of my favorite newer rides is Frozen and I don't know/don't care what the story line is. To my knowledge, we ride the boat uphill to a castle, then we slide away from the castle.

I have been watching random reviews online in different places and most are very positive. They say the POV Disney released did not do it justice. While it might not be what they expected they think it is good and will be enjoyed, and they find themselves humming the music.

We rode Sunday and I 100% agreed with this. Truly, any POV is really just one POV - whoever is holding the camera. Like most Disney rides, TBA has many things to see in all different directions. You won't capture all that on one POV just like you won't see it all yourself riding it just one time.

We enjoyed Splash and we also enjoyed TBA.

Bottom line? I'll ride it again when the urge and opportunity present. Not gonna lose any sleep over this re-theme, the pier at Lookout Cay (where we sail to in August) or anything else because honestly? It's a pretty first-world luxury kinda problem, right? I'm blessed to have the opportunity to even experience these things when there are so many that can't, and I don't forget that.

I'm just worried that it won't be working smoothly when I'm there to enjoy it! Not encouraged by the preview days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter