Tianas Bayou Adventure - Disney Releases POV Ride Through

"Mama Odie is a blind Voodoo priestess who lives deep in a Louisiana swamp. Mama Odie is the antithesis of Dr. Facilier’s character in every way. Although both possess Voodoo powers, Mama Odie’s practices white magic that seems to have been cultivated throughout her many years. Dr. Facilier deals in dark Voodoo magic brought about by deals with his “friends on the other side”.

Perhaps this is the difference.
Perhaps. But if someone objects to voodoo being portrayed in the ride, I suspect they might still be unhappy about it.

Perhaps. But if someone objects to voodoo being portrayed in the ride, I suspect they might still be unhappy about it.
Oh I agree, I think voodoo is voodoo ~ I actually have voodoo dolls, and would love Dr. Facilier there because I am a villains person. I would have even loved a full out Mardi Gras ride. But I can see the POV of keeping this light, not dark ... all age friendly. Maybe they interpret her white magic more akin to the Fairy Godmothers, Merlin, Elsa, Tinkerbell, Genie?

I know we are speculating, but the fact that DIsney may have spent any time splitting hairs between cartoon portrayals of dark voodoo vs light video in what is clearly not an offensive film is sad, hilarious, and a waste of resources better spent on creative output.....also scary bc it means very bland ride content for us in the modern era. Cant wait to see the new villains area.

I'm looking forward to the ride, but I am disappointed they didn't take the time to work on the track. Seems like the breakdowns during cast previews are related to some of those issues.

--->
The Princess and the Frog received some tough criticism when it was released for various reasons.

It's a little ironic to me that they replaced a ride loosely based on a controversial film that they reworked in the 1980s to be non-controversial, based on standards at the time, with a ride loosely based on a controversial film that they've reworked to be non-controversial, based on standards at the present.

🤣

which will reduce re-rides and the number of folks considering it a must do every time.
I honestly hope so! As a father of two girls who absolutely love the ride, I beg you (and others who feel similarly) to abstain from riding it. If it's not a "must-do" for you, then by all means, please don't. There's no point in engaging in an activity that would only leave you disappointed, ya know?

Curious question - we'll only be at MK for 1 day, on Tue 6/18. Any chance this opens to the general public as a "soft" opening that day?

I honestly hope so! As a father of two girls who absolutely love the ride, I beg you (and others who feel similarly) to abstain from riding it. If it's not a "must-do" for you, then by all means, please don't. There's no point in engaging in an activity that would only leave you disappointed, ya know?
With the landslide of thumbs down thus far, after Thunder completes it's refurb and MK is at full capacity - you guys may be in luck!

1717609672599.png

I'm still trying to figure out where they found a water drop in the completely flat and shallow bayou? I mean, not any that I know of except bayou Corne and that was as a result of an oil company punching a hole in a salt dome. Also, Disney couldn't spend a little on new ride vehicles, maybe bayou style boats like a pirogue for the theme.

The initial mountain had Mama Odie's boat on the top, and you'd be 'falling' from there.

1717613726335.png

They still kind of hint it, with Mama Odie talking to you just before the drop, but this was likely the thought behind the drop.

I'm looking forward to the ride, but I am disappointed they didn't take the time to work on the track. Seems like the breakdowns during cast previews are related to some of those issues.

They did fix the ride wires and all, seen at the drop last year. The issue believe is the new pacing with the new Animatronic sensors, as the ride now 'activates' for the moving boats instead of having a loop. Instead of just block brake timing, has to time for the sensors / audio and if that's off / break, possibly causing errors that need 'rebooting'

Last edited:
They did fix the ride wires and all, seen at the drop last year. The issue believe is the new pacing with the new Animatronic sensors, as the ride now 'activates' for the moving boats instead of having a loop. Instead of just block brake timing, has to time for the sensors / audio and if that's off / break, possibly causing errors that need 'rebooting'
Also Jim Shull mentioned something about the sensors causing issues with the summer sun for SM. Who knows if that was fixed properly for Tiana.

Also Jim Shull mentioned something about the sensors causing issues with the summer sun for SM. Who knows if that was fixed properly for Tiana.

Rumor is the new animatronics are "on demand" and that's what's causing all the estops versus just a loop like the Splash animatronics. They did rewire the attraction. There were pictures of them doing so.

Management wanted this attraction opened in early summer. The initial deadline was more like August/September.

They'll sort it out. Hopefully, before they take it down for it's yearly refurb in January. 🤣

With the landslide of thumbs down thus far, after Thunder completes it's refurb and MK is at full capacity - you guys may be in luck!

View attachment 866052
While we have no idea how many of the 29K thumbs will realistically be at the park, we know for a fact that the MK registration crashed as soon as the days were announced for the opening and the previews. There's a warm reception for this ride at the AP thread, where the majority are actually going.

From a storytelling perspective, it's totally lacking. And I'm someone who enjoyed the original but was excited for the refurb. They should have made it a "book report" ride that told the story of the film, including shrinking down to frog size like you do in the ride, dealing with Dr. Facilier maybe right before the drop, and then ending on their wedding and the opening of Tiana's place. This just feels like a missed opportunity. The animatronics look great though!

Rumor is the new animatronics are "on demand" and that's what's causing all the estops versus just a loop like the Splash animatronics. They did rewire the attraction. There were pictures of them doing so.

Management wanted this attraction opened in early summer. The initial deadline was more like August/September.

They'll sort it out. Hopefully, before they take it down for it's yearly refurb in January. 🤣
Really the cause is the ghost of Uncle Remus.

Curious question - we'll only be at MK for 1 day, on Tue 6/18. Any chance this opens to the general public as a "soft" opening that day?
Doubtful. Annual passholder preview dates are June 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 20. Then there is a paid D23 preview event on the 22nd. They aren't going to let others on before those events have taken place.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest