Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i booked for april 1 and check out in april 2.

Mt first day is going to be on april 2 (didnt get that day because wasnt availability)
so considering these dates and that i have 5 tickets park hooper plus i World be hable to get FP+ like this:

February 1 FP for april 2
February 4 FP for april 5
February 5 FP for april 6
February 7 FP for april 8
February 9 FP for april 10

Sorry for Mt english (i am from argentina)

thank you all for all the info

Hi i booked for april 1 and check out in april 2.

Mt first day is going to be on april 2 (didnt get that day because wasnt availability)
so considering these dates and that i have 5 tickets park hooper plus i World be hable to get FP+ like this:

February 1 FP for april 2
February 4 FP for april 5
February 5 FP for april 6
February 7 FP for april 8
February 9 FP for april 10

Sorry for Mt english (i am from argentina)

thank you all for all the info
:welcome: to DISboards, Pablo. Yes, all your calculations are correct for booking your FPs. :)

thank you for the welcome and the answer
@Pablo1978 - I need to amend my answer.

For your April 2nd park day, you’ll be able to book FPs on January 31st at the moment your FP booking window opens at 7:00a ET for your onsite stay.

All your other booking dates are correct.

So, this wasn't intended to be a "throwaway room" scenario, but I think this question is best answered here.

- Booked All Star Movies from 11/15-11/26
- Made FP+ reservations at 60 day mark (9/16)
- Have since booked a DVC room for 11/19-11/26
- Will be cancelling the All Star Movies reservation

I am now < 30 days out from the DVC room. Will anything happen to the FP I booked while using the All Star Movies FP window?

So, this wasn't intended to be a "throwaway room" scenario, but I think this question is best answered here.

I am now < 30 days out from the DVC room. Will anything happen to the FP I booked while using the All Star Movies FP window?

Your FPs will remain. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy that DVC room!

All your FPs remain intact based on your linked ticket entitlements.

Still trying to follow this idea. If a person books a week and pays whatever deposit depending on which hotel or campground they choose they get the 60 FP privilege. Are people paying for the accomodations and thus keeping their fastpasses and ADRs, or are they cancelling the room at less than 30 days and Disney is letting them keep the fastpasses and AdRs. Some how I missed this point if it has been stated.

Still trying to follow this idea. If a person books a week and pays whatever deposit depending on which hotel or campground they choose they get the 60 FP privilege. Are people paying for the accomodations and thus keeping their fastpasses and ADRs, or are they cancelling the room at less than 30 days and Disney is letting them keep the fastpasses and AdRs. Some how I missed this point if it has been stated.
Everything is explained in @ckelly14’s first post.

Discussion of Canceling rooms is off-topic and is not allowed.

Thanks - I read it more carefully.
The post by a previous poster is in regards to Canceling an onsite stay and rebooking another onsite stay. It isn’t a Throwaway scenario - was just posted in this thread in error. :goodvibes

I am currently booked off-site for a quick 4 day trip in Jan. Now that I have discovered this thread, I'm wondering if its worth it to just book the campsite for the first night in order to get the 60 day FP+. Or just book the All Star suite and stay onsite the whole time... (I like the free parking and magic bands but those are not deal breakers)... my question is about the timing of my trip - do you think I would even need a 60 day window if I am staying Jan 18-22? I know its a quieter time at WDW but the last trip we took they still had paper FB so this is all new to me... Would love to hear your opinion if I needed the $78 campsite or do you think a 30day window at that time is sufficient? We arent getting park hoppers, hoping to hit one park per day. And with a family of 5 we can't do a basic All Star room so the suites are $100more a night than the Marriott for us. Thanks in advance

I am currently booked off-site for a quick 4 day trip in Jan. Now that I have discovered this thread, I'm wondering if its worth it to just book the campsite for the first night in order to get the 60 day FP+. Or just book the All Star suite and stay onsite the whole time... (I like the free parking and magic bands but those are not deal breakers)... my question is about the timing of my trip - do you think I would even need a 60 day window if I am staying Jan 18-22? I know its a quieter time at WDW but the last trip we took they still had paper FB so this is all new to me... Would love to hear your opinion if I needed the $78 campsite or do you think a 30day window at that time is sufficient? We arent getting park hoppers, hoping to hit one park per day. And with a family of 5 we can't do a basic All Star room so the suites are $100more a night than the Marriott for us. Thanks in advance
With a 30-day booking window, it will be difficult to book either of the two Pandora rides, Frozen Ever After, and 7DMT. Everything else should be available to you if you are flexible in your scheduling.

As long as you are able get to AK, Epcot and MK well before they open, you can head to those rides while the Standby waits are relatively short.

Even with a 60-day booking window and even with length of stay booking for a short trip, the odds of you booking for Flight of Passage is slim. You’d benefit by having the open 60-day window to continue to watch for FoP FPs but that’s also something you can do with a 30-day window.

So, I would choose Marriott over a Value Suite as long as you rope drop. The Throwaway gives you a little more ‘searching’ room and EMH options but rope drop will also give you the best chance of short waits without a FP.

You would get Magic Bands with either the throwaway campsite or Value Suite. If you did throwaway campsite, you'd get checkin/checkout day parking as well.

Just wanted to comment and provide a point of reference for you.

I just booked an impromptu onsite trip at 32 days out. I would call FP availability as "fair". Not good or great and not poor either.

At 32 days there was originally no FOP availability. After constant stalking I managed to score one FOP FP (for a single rider) on day 33. Nothing else since.

FEA was the same. Nothing at first but stalking yeilded a FP for a party of 2 on day 33. Again, nothing else since.

Navi had multiple FPs available. The vast majority for Navi was 5pm or later. As with FOP and FEA, I was able find a morning FP after more stalking of MDE. Now at 30 days Navi is showing no availability.

7DMT had some availability but those have since been snatched up at 31 days out.

It seems everything else is showing available for me at 30 days. If your willing to be flexible you should be able to get most of the other headliners. There's not exactly a plethora of FPs though. Most late-morning choices are gone now at 30 days.

My advice (worth only what you paid for it) would be to book the throwaway for 60-day access. FOP will still be tough to get. But the bigger issue IMO, getting all the other FPs you want, at times that make sense geographically, will be the big advantage. At 60 days, will be able to build a sensible touring plan that works for you -vs.- booking FP at 30 days out and having to crisscross the parks chasing the only FP times that may have been available.

If you have to chase a "white whale" in MDE, better if it's a single FOP or FEA.

Rather than wondering, like this guy, if the one and only available 5pm FP is worth the long trek all the way back to the front of MK to Meet Talking Mickey at a time when you should be enjoying a LeFou's Brew in the back of the park at Gaston's Tavern. But I'm not bitter!

Best of luck with whichever you choose.

So I had this idea myself and then found this thread! Fantastic :D
We are going during a busy time of year so the advanced dining reservations, extra magic hours, and fastpasses will help make sure we can do what we want. Thanks!

Just to clarify, I can buy my park tickets separately from the room reservation, right?

I understand that if you reserve a room for one night and book multiple park day tickets that you can get the advanced dining reservations etc for the other days you have tickets so long as the tickets are consecutive. But what about nonconsecutive days you have ticket? like if you book a room for Sunday night and you want to visit the parks Mon,Tues, and Thurs but not Wed... can you still get the advanced stuff for Thursday?

Just to clarify, I can buy my park tickets separately from the room reservation, right
Correct.

The 180 plus 10 advance Dining Reservation system apples to the days you actually have the onsite reservation. A one~day stay only allows you to book ADRs for your check-in and checkout dates. Then it’s 180 days out from any other day in which you need a dining reservation.

I have two onsite hotel reservations for Dec 29. I purchased my park tickets separately. The newly booked night is the one I want to keep, but the original night was the one that qualified me for booking FP at 60 days for Dec 30 fastpasses. I started to cancel the reservation, but saw the following alert:

"FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation will be canceled. ...If you have theme park tickets purchased independently from this reservation, you may access FastPass+ service 30 days prior to your visit."

Is this new? Safe to cancel the original reservation?

I have two onsite hotel reservations for Dec 29. I purchased my park tickets separately. The newly booked night is the one I want to keep, but the original night was the one that qualified me for booking FP at 60 days for Dec 30 fastpasses. I started to cancel the reservation, but saw the following alert:

"FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation will be canceled. ...If you have theme park tickets purchased independently from this reservation, you may access FastPass+ service 30 days prior to your visit."

Is this new? Safe to cancel the original reservation?
The 30-day portion is new.

You’ll still have an onsite reservation so your FPs remain intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter