Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Swan and Dolphin guests do not get 180 + length of stay up to 10 days ADR booking priviliges. You'll have to call daily.
Thank you! I’ve amended my post as I was more concerned about the disallowed question. :)

So I have read many, many pages on this thread and my head is spinning! So I have 2 burning questions: 1. So with these throwaway rooms, are people able to attain a good FP result with the three most desired rides? (Frozen, 7 Dwarfs and Flight of passage)? And 2. If I were to book a resort for a week and did 60 day fp but then canceled it all - would all my fast pass reservations all disapper? ( I have stand alone tickets from undercover tourist) Thanks to anyone who knows!!

So I thought I would update since I just finished making my fast pass selections a few days ago. Even though I could make selections one day at a time after my initial two days I still ended up getting everything I wanted. Most were at the time I wanted too but some times aren't completely perfect like the earliest I could get Toy Story was 9:40. I also ended up finding Mine Train and the Forever Ever After ride had plenty of openings. I have 2 little ones and I only have one fast pass at 5 which is SDMT and the rest are 3:30 or earlier, even the hot ticket ones, so that was important to me.

Also, by rechecking the selections I ended up getting a FOP and was able to move my FEA up two hours to 3:30 and I moved a few other things to more ideal times. It seems like about 2-3 days after making selections is when people start to move things around.

Now we're getting ready to receive our magic bands!

"So I thought I would update since I just finished making my fast pass selections a few days ago. Even though I could make selections one day at a time after my initial two days I still ended up getting everything I wanted. Most were at the time I wanted too but some times aren't completely perfect like the earliest I could get Toy Story was 9:40. I also ended up finding Mine Train and the Forever Ever After ride had plenty of openings. I have 2 little ones and I only have one fast pass at 5 which is SDMT and the rest are 3:30 or earlier, even the hot ticket ones, so that was important to me.

Also, by rechecking the selections I ended up getting a FOP and was able to move my FEA up two hours to 3:30 and I moved a few other things to more ideal times. It seems like about 2-3 days after making selections is when people start to move things around."

Thank you for the tip etoiles ! This gives me great hope that attaining these hot ticket FP rides with the extra room will increase my chances greatly!!

"So I thought I would update since I just finished making my fast pass selections a few days ago. Even though I could make selections one day at a time after my initial two days I still ended up getting everything I wanted. Most were at the time I wanted too but some times aren't completely perfect like the earliest I could get Toy Story was 9:40. I also ended up finding Mine Train and the Forever Ever After ride had plenty of openings. I have 2 little ones and I only have one fast pass at 5 which is SDMT and the rest are 3:30 or earlier, even the hot ticket ones, so that was important to me.

Also, by rechecking the selections I ended up getting a FOP and was able to move my FEA up two hours to 3:30 and I moved a few other things to more ideal times. It seems like about 2-3 days after making selections is when people start to move things around."

Thank you for the tip etoiles ! This gives me great hope that attaining these hot ticket FP rides with the extra room will increase my chances greatly!!

Yes, in fact just after I typed this I was able to move Toy Story up to 9:20 so it really pays to keep checking for what you want. I should add that we're a small party of 3 and for Flight of Passage I only needed one fast pass since my husband and I are rider swapping to watch our kids but it was still possible and less than a week from our original 60 days. It could be different if you want like 5-6 passes.

Between the fast passes, parking for two days, and magic bands it's really worth it for the cost.

Not strictly a throwaway, and not an issue for this trip, since there are only three of us and we're staying at SSR, but the last time we were there with a large family group and rented a house off property we thought about getting a aingle value room, so we would not only have access to EMH, parking, etc. we would have a place to swim/nap/change. Anyone ever do this? Does Disney notice or care if no-one is sleeping there?

Not strictly a throwaway, and not an issue for this trip, since there are only three of us and we're staying at SSR, but the last time we were there with a large family group and rented a house off property we thought about getting a aingle value room, so we would not only have access to EMH, parking, etc. we would have a place to swim/nap/change. Anyone ever do this? Does Disney notice or care if no-one is sleeping there?
I don't think they care what you do with it as long as you paid and not destructive. Not a bad idea, but it probably takes as much time to get to the onsite value as getting back to your rental home.

Hi All... quick question

Heading down 12/7-12/13 and am staying offsite with Marriott points. I booked one night at Port Orleans for 12/7 as it was the cheapest option available for a throwaway option. Ive been able to get my FP selection set up for the first 6 days already because of the Port Orleans reservation. Now there are campsite options available.

Can i somehow change my 1 night to a campsite and keep my weeks worth of fast passes? Im worried that as soon as i hit that cancel button on the PO reservation..my whole itinerary will be wiped out.

Any ideas?
thanks

Hi All... quick question

Heading down 12/7-12/13 and am staying offsite with Marriott points. I booked one night at Port Orleans for 12/7 as it was the cheapest option available for a throwaway option. Ive been able to get my FP selection set up for the first 6 days already because of the Port Orleans reservation. Now there are campsite options available.

Can i somehow change my 1 night to a campsite and keep my weeks worth of fast passes? Im worried that as soon as i hit that cancel button on the PO reservation..my whole itinerary will be wiped out.

Any ideas?
thanks
Book the campsite reservation first, then cancel the Port Orleans reservation?

Yes. FPs are based on your linked tickets. The onsite reservation opened the window and by switching onsite locations, your FPs remain intact.

cool..

so no issue having 2 resort reservations at the same time.... after i book campsite and before i cancel PO?

Depends on how big your "large family group" is. The number of people assigned to a room can't exceed the room capacity, so you'd only get EMH, parking, and magic bands for 4 people with a typical value room. A tent campsite wouldn't give you a place to nap, but you could have up to 10 people get the on-site benefits.

Depends on how big your "large family group" is. The number of people assigned to a room can't exceed the room capacity, so you'd only get EMH, parking, and magic bands for 4 people with a typical value room. A tent campsite wouldn't give you a place to nap, but you could have up to 10 people get the on-site benefits.

Last time there were only six of us, but we absolutely had to have three separate sleeping spaces and four was better, so on property just wasn't working. We were all in one vehicle, though. Only having had three or four of us on a room would have been fine, though. Although the EMH might have been contentious.

The whole concept has cost me a lot of money!

This is tongue-in-cheek, sort of. Months ago, reading through this thread, I thought “hmmm, how interesting.” But then I didn’t want to throw away a room and ended up booking a single night at AOA Cars section. I have always to stay on site. Great, gets us our MBs, parking, etc. Then I booked a campsite so we could sign up for Typhoon Lagoon surfing lessons. Then we added a night to our trip in order to stay for the first MVMCP, and needed a place so we will be at AS Sports. Lol. And it all started with the throwaway room thread.

Can’t wait... checking in for our night at AoA 2 weeks from today!!!

Great thread! I have read through but am still a bit confused on the rolling window. I am planning to go WDW on Dec 24 & Dec 26.

2 questions:
1. Is there any advantage to booking more nights instead of one throwaway? i.e. if I were to book for the 2 weeks prior to Dec 24 so Dec 10, would my 60 days start from 60 days prior to Dec 10 or would it still be 60 days prior to Dec 24.
2. Do I need to book 2 nights in order to get the 60 days+ for Dec 24 & 26.

Thanks!

Great thread! I have read through but am still a bit confused on the rolling window. I am planning to go WDW on Dec 24 & Dec 26.

2 questions:
1. Is there any advantage to booking more nights instead of one throwaway? i.e. if I were to book for the 2 weeks prior to Dec 24 so Dec 10, would my 60 days start from 60 days prior to Dec 10 or would it still be 60 days prior to Dec 24.
2. Do I need to book 2 nights in order to get the 60 days+ for Dec 24 & 26.

Thanks!
If you booked a throwaway for Dec. 10th, you would have to book it for 14 nights to gain any advantage vs. booking a 1 night stay for Dec. 24th.

Ahhh I see so its 60 days + the number of days of your reservation as long as the reservation hits the day you are booking on. Thanks is very helpful Party of 4. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!