Throwaway cookies, NEVER :) The official Fort cookie thread!

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
I just tried to book a few nights at a tent site in 2017 and I was surprised but excited to see that they wanted the whole trip paid in advance. I wonder if this was to close the throwaway room loophole? If so, that's great! I was shocked to get the dates I got.

VP

Last edited:
I guess that wouldn't matter for a 1 night booking. Maybe it was because I was booking a holiday? Hmm.

What were the dates you tried, VP?

I put in a request for 3 weekday nights in early February and only got a request for 1 night's payment as a deposit....

My request did not include a holiday as you say yours did tho.

Even the holiday weekends would be a move in the right direction.

Bama Ed

I'm sorry but I have not heard of the throw away room loophole?
People who stay offsite but want onsite perks (like 60 day FP ressies), have been renting the campsites (the cheapest on-property lodging for the greatest # of people) yet really staying offsite, and thereby keeping those who really want to camp at Fort Wilderness from being able to book a site. Campsites stand empty, and those whose family tradition for years has been to camp at Fort Wilderness on Disney trips have had a hard time getting sites in recent years due to this dishonest practice.

Disney is aware of the problem & gradually working in ways to clamp down on it. Thank goodness.

I just booked a few nights at a tent site in 2017 and I was surprised but excited to see that they wanted the whole trip paid in advance.
Might you have booked a "package" instead of a "site only" reservation?

Might you have booked a "package" instead of a "site only" reservation?

I agree, I think, if you book a "package" it has to be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival. Never have booked a package reservation, just room only.

Perhaps Disney should keep track of who actually books and STAYS and the more you book and STAY the more liberties and perks you are entitled.
Why would they want to do this? They're getting paid for the site no matter what.

Why would they want to do this? They're getting paid for the site no matter what.
The short answer is that they do not always get paid. You make a ressie and keep it until 30 days out. Then you cancel it but you have gotten your FP+ and your magic bands. Not to mention you prevented someone from a 10 day ressie. Would they rather get paid for 1 day or ten?

Then there is the whole customer satisfaction thing.

How about that? Started with a throw away discussion and a cookie sale popped up. :worship: I'll have Snickerdoodles or M&M chocolate chip.

But to the OP, we could only wish the loop hole was gone. Did you book inside 30 days? I wouldn't think so since you said "2017". I booked a package for September 2017 and only paid the 1 night.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter