Three Disney Ships

The problem with having drink stations in other areas is the clean-up issue. Those drink stations are constantly dirty with spilled/splashed drinks. Putting them in carpeted areas is not really ideal. Not to mention the extra space needed to house the liquid supplies necessary, as well as adding new plumbing to get the liquids to the drink station.
Primarily the issue of putting drink stations on multiple decks on the ship isn't realistic since most of the soda stations are fed from a centralized system where they have large tanks of syrup and the carbonation equipment to feed the MDR's which are in the aft or mid ship area where they can run the feeder lines from the engineering decks. Putting them on other decks would logistically be impractical, as well as Shmoo's comment about cleanliness from so much liquid splashing around, it definitely wouldn't be located on any passenger decks because there's no real place to put them. There are a other few drink spaces, albeit the Disney Theater and Pubs, so it's not as isolated as just on one deck.

My first thought was “all this for a situation that may resolve in the next ___ months?” But then, “this might help with the time-dishonored tradition of Norovirus.” Less hands on food and drink dispensing items.

Primarily the issue of putting drink stations on multiple decks on the ship isn't realistic since most of the soda stations are fed from a centralized system where they have large tanks of syrup and the carbonation equipment to feed the MDR's which are in the aft or mid ship area where they can run the feeder lines from the engineering decks. Putting them on other decks would logistically be impractical, as well as Shmoo's comment about cleanliness from so much liquid splashing around, it definitely wouldn't be located on any passenger decks because there's no real place to put them. There are a other few drink spaces, albeit the Disney Theater and Pubs, so it's not as isolated as just on one deck.
Um, false. All the equipment and syrups are at each station.

According to CruiseMapper and MarineTraffic, the Magic, the Fantasy, and the Dream are all in Brest, France. Maybe another crew transfer or the start of the dry dock for the Magic?

According to CruiseMapper and MarineTraffic, the Magic, the Fantasy, and the Dream are all in Brest, France. Maybe another crew transfer or the start of the dry dock for the Magic?
Dry Dock now I believe. They did a crew transfer when the Fantasy and/or Dream both arrived in France.

Um, false. All the equipment and syrups are at each station.

GoofyDisneyDaddy, BartmanLA. You are both correct.

Can only speak for the Dream class here. Some places like the main pool deck have a centralized system for a side each. Located near the entrances to Cabanas.

Other places have dedicated systems such as WDT/BVT.

Now it looks like the Dream is anchored in the middle of the channel near Brest, France. And the Magic is in the dry dock area.

Not sure how accurate CruiseMapper location tracking is, but it looks like the Dream is in Dry Dock #3 at Brest. I wish there was a web cam pointed at the facility. Anybody have a good webcam site for the facility?

Not sure how accurate CruiseMapper location tracking is, but it looks like the Dream is in Dry Dock #3 at Brest. I wish there was a web cam pointed at the facility. Anybody have a good webcam site for the facility?
Since its not a cruise terminalnornport facility there isn't a webcam there, all you can hope for is someone posts some pictures of the ships

MarineTraffic also shows the Dream in the dry dock slip. There's a DCL officer that posts photos on Instagram. I think he's the First Officer on the Dream. He's been posting pics of the ships in Brest. Look for "dkrijsman"

MarineTraffic also shows the Dream in the dry dock slip. There's a DCL officer that posts photos on Instagram. I think he's the First Officer on the Dream. He's been posting pics of the ships in Brest. Look for "dkrijsman"
I can’t find him can you check the name?

And the Wonder is now also en route to Europe...
I am so so tempted to drive there to check it out if all four are in the same harbour (in somewhat driving distance), if only I wasn't 8 months pregnant and vowed to not leave the country anymore...

Makes me hopeful that they're getting ready for cruising to resume when the schedule starts again in late December. Why spend money upgrading all 4 ships in France if you still thought you were a half year or more way from sailing? Seems like they are rushing to get them all done now.

Makes me hopeful that they're getting ready for cruising to resume when the schedule starts again in late December. Why spend money upgrading all 4 ships in France if you still thought you were a half year or more way from sailing? Seems like they are rushing to get them all done now.
Strange thing is the Magic is in dry dock there too, while she had a dry dock planned in Cadiz.. Not sure if that dry dock is open or not

Strange thing is the Magic is in dry dock there too, while she had a dry dock planned in Cadiz.. Not sure if that dry dock is open or not
I thought her planned dry dock was for the concierge upgrade, which is not happening any more.

This Brest project seems to be about Covid-readiness, so would make sense for all the ships to be in the same place since they'll all be getting fitted the same way with the same equipment and modifications (e.g. plexiglass at the buffet and in the shops, air filters, possibly some changes to allow better distancing in the crew quarters, dining rooms and theater).

I thought her planned dry dock was for the concierge upgrade, which is not happening any more.

This Brest project seems to be about Covid-readiness, so would make sense for all the ships to be in the same place since they'll all be getting fitted the same way with the same equipment and modifications (e.g. plexiglass at the buffet and in the shops, air filters, possibly some changes to allow better distancing in the crew quarters, dining rooms and theater).

aren't the Dream class ships getting their vibration issues/potential vibration issues looked at in France?

aren't the Dream class ships getting their vibration issues/potential vibration issues looked at in France?
The Concierge room upgrades on the Magic in Cadiz was cancelled about 2 months ago, I don't know if the Dream was experiencing any vibration issues but the scuttlebutt for the Fantasy was that it was going to have it's starboard prop vibration issues addressed during this drydock, the rest of the fleet apparently is in Brest to receive "refreshing" to alter the public areas of the ship to come into line with Covid-19 safety protocols that they expect the CDC to mandate upon resumption of operations. Thinks like converting Cabanas from buffet style to cafeteria style, removing self service food kiosks and drink stations, also rearranging the seating for more social distancing, in not only Cabanas but most likely other common public areas of the ship and probably in the MDR's as well, reconfiguring HVAC for better air filtration and circulation. I would also imagine installation of many hand sanitization stations all over the ship. The Wonder is on her way over, apparently to Brest as well, but that hasn't been confirmed officially, just speculation because of the route she is taking past Bermuda on a Northeasterly heading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter