Thoughts on Paradise Pier?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for September, and I found a good rate at PP for $165/night. Is it worth it? Last time we stayed at HoJo's for $30 by adding hotel after we booked through Delta for airfare. We are usually WDW resort people, but when I look at pics of PP it doesn't look that spectacular to me...but the reviews on TripAdvisor are great.

The hotel is very nice and the staff is amazing. You are right, the hotel is not themed like a WDW hotel and you can not go in expecting to get what you would get at one of those. If you can get the Hojo for $30 again, I would suggest saving your money for extras at the park or for the Grand Californian on your next visit. :)

It's very nice for what we concidered a Value resort .CM's very nice ,
Across street from GCR and across the parking lots from DLH and DTD.

Great view of fireworks from pool deck.And if you have a DCA view you can watch the really clean up at the park.

You can probably do alot better than $165/night for PPH. I think it was last fall that they ran a stay 3 nights get the 4th free special (both through Disney itself and expedia; maybe some of the travel agents too). If they come out with good AP rates then, you can probably get it for around/under $100/night. I say book HOJOs again as a back-up and keep checking rates for PPH.

We stayed at the PP in November, it was the first time in Disneyland, and personally we loved it. It was close and quiet. So quiet! We loved the fact that when we shopped at Disneyland, the items were delivered right to the hotel the next morning, no carrying tons of extra items. The CM were great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I just returned from my second stay there and loved it. :thumbsup2 I think the beach/CA theming is great. With indoor corridors, glass elevators, park views, full service restaurants, a pool slide and hot tub, I consider it a deluxe hotel and being the least expensive of the 3 onsite hotel, makes it affordable. The staff was great, mousekeeping kept the room spotless and I think the only compaint we had about our room was the iron didnt work well....obviously not a major problem. ;) We also enjoyed the Aloha Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch at the PCH Grill very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter