Thoughts on our rough plan for parks, dining & others

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney World in July with my wife and 2 kids (girl age 6 & boy age 8). We are staying for 10 days From Tuesday July 9th to Thursday July 18th. We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach resort. This is the first time we go. I would like some opinions on my rough idea of how each of the 10 days will go. I will be able to do ADR's next week so I wanted a rough plan.

Few notes about us:
- My family does much better on vacations with mid-day naps. We plan to do this everyday. In order to get enough park time, we plan to be at the park at rope drop and stay until around 1:30 , go to the Resort and be at the same park for Dinner at around 5pm. Then spend the rest of the evening until the park closes (or we run out of energy).
- We have the dining plan so we're shooting for about one table service meal a day.
- We like waterparks so we plan to do both waterparks.
- I am trying to avoid early magic hours because though I want to be there at rope drop I don't want to get there too early and would like to avoid the increased traffic of those days.

My plan:

Day 1 (Tuesday) - Arrival - Unpack, explore resort activities, chill at the pool, eat dinner at the resort.

Day 2 - (Wednesday) Magic Kingdom - My dream would be to get a reservation at Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique before the park opens, then have breakfast at Cinderella's royal table. Quick Service for Dinner (Gaston's Tavern? Not sure yet). If I can't get the Cinderella's Royal Table for this day I will try for the last day of the trip (With the 180+10 add

Day 3 - (Thursday) Hollywood Studios - I would like to do the Fantasmic Character Breakfast Package at Hollywood & Vine. The kids get the meet & greet, we get reserved seating at Fantasmic, and we can also get into the park early so we can ensure a spot for Jedi Training. Quick Service for Dinner (Woody's Lunch Box? Not sure yet).

Day 4 - (Friday) Epcot - Dinner: Chip n' Dale Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill.

Day 5 - (Saturday) Typhoon Lagoon / Disney Springs - We get to avoid the major Saturday crowds by being at a water park all day. After our afternoon break I was thinking we'd go to Disney Springs, get dinner at Wolfgang puck express, check out the stores and catch Toy Story 4 at the AMC in Disney Springs.

Day 6 (Sunday) Resort Day / Hoop Dee Doo Revue - Being another weekend day, I was thinking this would be a good day to enjoy our resort and any activities they had planned. In the evening I was thinking of doing the Hoop Dee Doo Revue Dinner Show. I hear it's great but since it takes so much time to get there I was thinking it would be good for a day where we weren't focused on rides.

Day 7 (Monday) Animal Kingdom - I would like to do Donald's Dining Safari at Tusker House for either breakfast or dinner.

Day 8 (Tuesday) Blizzard Beach/Date Night/Pixar Play Zone - I was thinking we could check out Blizzard beach for a few hours and then drop the kids off at Pixar Play Zone at the contemporary while my wife and I do the Highway in the Sky dining package which also starts at the contemporary at the same time.

Day 9 (Wednesday) Magic Kingdom - I'd figure it would be appropriate to end our trip with one last day at Magic Kingdom. I'm thinking Be Our Guest for Dinner or Cinderella's Royal Table if we don't get the reservation earlier.

Day 10 (Thursday) Departure Day - Pack up and hang out at the resort. Perhaps do a nice breakfast somewhere.

I think experiencing Toy Story 4 on vacation will make it extra special!

I think, generally, your plan looks good. If you are planning on taking mid-day breaks, however, I would recommend increasing the amount of time between leaving the park and planning to return. Between walking out of the park, waiting for a bus and then traveling to the hotel or park, it could take 45 minutes to an hour from exiting the park to arriving at your hotel. Then you have to walk to your room. So, once you subtract, possibly 2 hours of travel time from your rest allotment, you only have 90 minutes left. Personally, I would probably add another 30 minutes (plan on being back at the park at 5:30 pm), just to have a more leisurely pace.

I think your back-up plan for CRT and BBB is a good one. Your chances of getting CRT and BBB on your last day are very good.

Gaston's Tavern only really has snacks and a few sandwiches. If you want a more substantial meal, I would take a look at the other QS menus in MK.

Just know, upticks of crowds on Saturdays also applies to water parks and water parks don't have FP+. I would actually consider switching TL to a weekday and, perhaps, going to a park on Saturday. EP absorbs crowds quite well, so I would consider EP on a Saturday. I would also consider pushing AK and DHS further into your trip if you are hoping for FOP and/or SDD FP+.

Just an FYI, it will be more cost effective for you to purchase a PH+ ticket than it will to purchase base tickets plus 2 separate tickets to the water parks, so you may want to consider hopping to a different park in the evening depending on park hours and interest.

One thing to think about is where your HS day falls in your schedule. 60+3 might be iffy if you're after Slinky Dog. Likewise, AK on day 7 is great if you're after Flight of Passage. If that's not a priority for your AK day, though, maybe consider switching HS and AK to better position your group for Slinky Dog FPs.

You're plan looks good - I'd do some research on what building to ask for at Caribbean Beach as I don't think all the construction will be done at the Rivieria just yet. It shouldn't be an issue for your general enjoyment but if you want the kids to take naps during construction hours, you may want to ask for a building further away from that area. It would help if you had building names or numbers you were looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter