Thought Annual Dues were going to be less this year?

Disbug

DIS Veteran
I was under the impression that due to resort closures and reduced guest services that our Annual Dues would be going down? Mine went up. Significantly! Anyone else surprised by their Annual Dues this year?

The 2021 Dues reflect what the actual anticipated operating costs for 2021 will be. Any cost savings from the shut down is reflected as a separate credit.

You would have received the credit from 2020. If you go to the activity for the dues, it will show it being applied.

The 2020 Annual Dues were reduced for the closure because that was the year the DVC resorts were closed.
The reduction amount was then applied as a credit toward the 2021 Dues.
Your Dues statement will show you the exact amounts.

The 2020 Annual Dues were reduced for the closure because that was the year the DVC resorts were closed.
The reduction amount was then applied as a credit toward the 2021 Dues.
Your Dues statement will show you the exact amounts.
I question how little they credited, especially since we own GCV that is still shut down.

Yeah, seems very low to me, should have been about double that I would think.
The Operating Assessment for 2020 was estimated at $4.65 per point.

The resort was fully operational for 1/4 of the year. For the next 1/4 to 1/2, Disney continued to pay staff salaries and benefits even when they were furloughed. That would come from dues. Things like utilities, security and maintenance would continue on some level even during the shutdown. They cannot simply lock the doors and walk away for a year.

Member services continues to operate, and that is part of the operating budget.

The other components, which include property taxes and capital improvements would be largely unchanged. The state is still billing everyone for taxes and money has to be set aside for future maintenance projects.

The NBA took over all the rooms at VGF, didnt see as much of a reduction as I expected.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter