Thomas Cook Airlines

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
We've never flown with TC airlines before, are they any good? They seem to be a lot cheaper than VA for direct flights (even though we can't see the prices for VA yet), and we can already book the entire trip now through TC, even though our return dates are more than 11 months out. Also is it worth it to pay extra for the premium class?

Having always flown VA, I went with Thomas Cook last year and I'd do it again.
The only issue for me was the food, being slow and not having the child's meal I'd ordered for my daughter. I'd recommend grabbing something in the airport and taking it with you.
I can't comment on premium class but I was perfectly happy with my Boots meal deal in economy!

Yeah the food can be a bit of a hit and miss on flights I feel. In general they seem to have improved over the last few years though. I think I'll book with Thomas Cook, I'm not sure if it's best to just book it now though or wait. I'll be surprised if the price goes down.

So I went ahead and booked with Thomas Cook, and I'm glad I did. I booked the tickets on sunday, and when I checked the prices again yesterday, the price on the same tickets were £600 more :scared:

Which Airport are you flying into ?

Orlando International ( MCO )

OR

Sanford , which is 30 + miles further away from Disney & you will have NO Disney Transport.

We've flown with them a couple of times with no problems. Premium class is good too - the seats are not quite as large as Virgin but still more room than in economy.

We've flown with both Thomas Cook and Virgin, and the flights were very similar. We had to pay to upgrade the in-flight entertainment package with TC, which was about £5 each, and you don't get free drinks with them, whilst you do with Virgin, but if they're several hundreds of £££ cheaper I'd happily fly with TC again.

Thomas Cook is decent. Much cheaper than Virgin and no issues. Food going out is James Martin branded and tasty, not as good back. Entertainment never interests me as I have iPad with all the very latest movies on, my favourite Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC shows I've missed. I'll have likely seen the movies on the in flight entertainment if I wanted to see them.

Do you get drinks included with premium economy?
Keeping an eye out for Virgin flights at the moment as our booking window will soon be here, but the turn the newer prices seem to be taking is a bit worrying!

Do you get drinks included with premium economy?
Keeping an eye out for Virgin flights at the moment as our booking window will soon be here, but the turn the newer prices seem to be taking is a bit worrying!
Yep, all food and drink

The TC PE offering is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter