This week's episode had me question the CM room access

Didn't know that, they did not say that on the news I saw. Thanx for the clarification.
It was actually the union that pushed to not be responsible for it or so the union states though Caesars Entertainment hasn't officially stated that was the reason they went with security guards. Originally they were going to use housekeepers. Here's the information on that:

upload_2018-2-17_22-45-13.png

upload_2018-2-17_22-45-46.png
I'm surprised that the housekeepers at WDW haven't put up too much of a complaint especially given how much they seem to be in the news lately regarding work load and pay.

Personally if someone has to check on me every 24 hours because I use a DND/Occupied sign I would feel much much better and more confident in the company if they used actual security guards both for my safety and for the perceived effectiveness of the adjustment in policy.

Personally if someone has to check on me every 24 hours because I use a DND/Occupied sign I would feel much much better and more confident in the company if they used actual security guards both for my safety and for the perceived effectiveness of the adjustment in policy.

I wouldn't. I'd rather have housekeeping count than have to deal with possibly 2 knocks on the door.

I wouldn't. I'd rather have housekeeping count than have to deal with possibly 2 knocks on the door.
I don't want a check period just because I declined housekeeping (something I do all the time when I'm at hotels and I'm far from the suspicious type).

However, if they require it then I'd prefer equal treatment--you already know the inconsistency Disney has already put guests through since it was started there. Not to mention the immense pressure housekeeping must feel-now they need to be extra vigilent. At least with security guards they should be trained in different ways than housekeeping and TBH it never really dawned on me about ill treatment housekeepers may have had (speaking towards the sexual assault mentioned in the info I pasted in).

If the line of defence is in the hotel rooms than it is too late. The checks will not help any sort of "shooting" but like others have said it can save lives with child trafficking. If this is the reason for the checks than it needs to not be everyday and more of a random visit during the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter