this is where we plan to eat...

uktigger

me and my mouse havin fun together!
:wave: everyone

we are getting near to our 90 day mark for our ps's::yes:: so listed below are some of the places we are planning to eat at,i haven't planned them on a particular day yet i am going to make the ps's and then plan my park days around them:D

please could you give your veiw on them:D

ice-cream social

kona cafe,lunch or dinner?

sci-fi for lunch

rainforest cafe for dinner,DTD or AK which is best?

beaches and cream,if we choose dinner what would be the best time?

plaza resturant,dinner

grand floridian afternoon tea or grand floridian cafe so i can order the glass slipper and the dog bones for my son's

i would really like to do a character breakfast at crystal palace::yes:: but my dh and the kids ds8 and ds12 are not disney nuts like myself and don't want to do any(i am still working on them)they think they are too big and too cool:crazy:
i know ice-cream social is characters but they have seen the pictures of the ice creams and the their bellies rule their heads lol
how do these places sound? and what are your opinons or veiws

i'm editing this post to add to my list of dining

eve::MinnieMo

I think your dining plans look great!

We have only had lunch at Kona Cafe, so I can't compare it to dinner, but we find it to be a great place for lunch!

Sci Fi is a must-do for lunch every trip. It's one of our absolute favorite restaurants, more for the theming than the food, although the burgers and shakes are very good.

We have only dined at the RFC in DTD, so I can't compare it to the one in AK. But we really enjoy our meals at RFC. For AK, you make a PS as you would at any WDW restaurant while for DTD you call a different number 1-407-827-8500 and make an actual reservation.

Beaches and Cream does not take PS's and it can get pretty busy, so I would suggest planning on having either an early (before 6) or a late (after 8) dinner here.

I'll suggest that the Kona Cafe would be a nice lunch break from the parks, if you happen to be at the MK on the day you'd like to eat there.

We like the Sci-Fi just fine, although you'll find other folks around here who would rather have athelete's foot than eat there again. Oddly enough, on our last visit, DD had a shrimp penne pasta dish that was one of the better pasta selections I've had at Disney. On that same visit, my burger tasted like it had been prepared in a crematorium. Go figure.

You'll be delighted with Beaches and Cream. I can't think of any time of day when it's not crowded; maybe a late lunch or early dinner might work, somewhere between 2 and 5.

Keep pitching the character breakfast idea. Even the coolest "big" people can get caught up in the spirit of things.

Your plans look wonderful! The ice cream social is really fun, and if your kids don't like the characters, the ice cream is as good as it looks. They'll enjoy it. The Sci Fi is a great restaurant for lunch. The burgers are good, and the atmosphere is really fun. If your kids have never experienced a drive in theater or old American B-movies, they'll think it's cool. We've never had anything but ice cream at Beaches and Cream, so I can't comment on the actual food, but again, the ice cream is really good. Did you consider planning the CP breakfast as a surprise at the end of your trip? You may have converted your family to Disney lovers by the end of your vacation.

Ann:earsgirl:

please could you give your veiw on them

ice-cream social
havent done it but it sounds fun

kona cafe,lunch or dinner?
ate there our last trip, we didnt care for it. I would pick Ohana's for dinner instead. We all loved it.

sci-fi for lunch
My boys love eating here. They always get burgers and shakes. The light up ice cubes are also fun for the kids. Great atmosphere.

rainforest cafe for dinner,DTD or AK which is best?
We eat at RFC-DAK. We always use the lunch vouchers--a great deal.

beaches and cream,if we choose dinner what would be the best time?
Boys love Beaches & Cream too. I would pick a night your are not watching Illuminations and eat close to that time. the place is not crowded then.

i would really like to do a character breakfast at crystal palace but my dh and the kids ds8 and ds12 are not disney nuts like myself and don't want to do any(i am still working on them)they think they are too big and too cool
We always do atleast 1 character meal (my boys are 16, 14, 4, and 2). The older ones may not be crazy about Pooh coming to say hi but they do like good food and they love buffets where they can pick what they want.

i just wanted to comment on beaches and cream.. we absolutely love it, whether getting a burger, or a big ice cream sundae.. if you do go at a crowded time, which is almost always.. there is an arcade right next door.. so, i'm sure your boys wouldn't mind waiting while they play arcade games..

:wave: :wave:

thank you all so much for taking the time to look over our plans::yes::

ann,
my gang would like the food at crystal palace for sure::yes:: dh will normally go with the flow, maybe i'll just make the ps and drag them there:teeth:

dreamfinder2,
that is my plan to do kona cafe on a magic kingdom day or do a late lunch on the day we are going to mnsshp,i actually can't wait to eat here:hyper:

4greatboys,
i'll give beaches and cream a go when illuminations are on and see how it is
thanx

copper68,
we can't wait to go here either::yes:: and i'm sure my boys would love the arcade at least it will keep them amused while we wait to be seated
happy boys mean happy mum and dad:teeth:

kaycee,
i think we will go to the rainforest at AK,only because we have done the one at dtd the last time we were at the world::yes::

once again thank you all for your inputs::yes::
only 2 more days to go before i can make my first ps:Pinkbounc

eve::MinnieMo

hi all:wave:
i've added 2 more places we'd like to try::yes::
has anyone got any comments:D

thanks eve::MinnieMo

Here's my 2 cents:

kona cafe,lunch or dinner? -- neither. Dined here in 2002 and thought the food was awful.

sci-fi for lunch -- I'd dine at 50's Primetime instead of Sci-fi. Food is much, much better.

rainforest cafe for dinner,DTD or AK which is best? -- Did the one at DTD a few years ago and really did not like it.

beaches and cream,if we choose dinner what would be the best time? I would dine around 6:30pm.

plaza resturant,dinner -- Not worth the $$. I would recommend Cindy's or the Whispering Canyon Cafe over the Plaza

I absolutely love the Crystal Palace. The food and service is excellent.

we went for lunch at beaches one day we were at epcot (this past Jan.)and waited maybe 10 mins at the most. the menu is the same and it is a quick walk from international gate so if dinner is that busy you might try lunch as it is a tiny place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter