This Is Us- Season two

Did anyone see Justin on The View today? He said that we probably haven’t seen the lowest point for Kevin yet. Ugh, how much worse will it get?

On a totally different topic- I like the view and watch every day but seeing today’s show seemed really skeevy. They spent more time gushing about how hot he is and showing videos on him working out and talking about how he was listed (along with Milo and Sterling) as TVs sexiest cast. Given the climate that we’re in now with all the allegations being made it just seemed like such a double standard.

I realize he posed for all the pictures and videos and it’s nowhere near the same as assault or harassment but it still seemed icky that they spent sooo much time talking about it. I wanted to hear about the show, not his waxing scene in a movie.

Anyway, don’t forget your Kleenex for tonight’s show. I know it will hit close to home for a few and understand if you skip this week.

I saw him on there today! I thought the same thing that it's going to take a bit based on his comments. I thought Kate losing the baby would keep him from telling Randall!

I agree they didn't talk to him that much they did all the talking. In fact I realized the news was on and I was like how is the View over already? They spent such a little bit of time talking to him about anything important that I was looking for more.

I think last week was done better.

I found Kate didn't have any emotion. Felt more for Toby than her. It was just a strange show for me. No Kleenex for me and I have had a miscarriage. I was telling my daughter all about during commercials. She was young when I had it.

Next week is preview is odd too , Deja's mom gets out of jail already when they told us she was going away for a long time.

So I guess no Thanksgiving show this year I guess. They are showing the same day past and present.

I loved this episode. I appreciated the additional glimpse into Kate and Rebecca's relationship. It definitely softened my opinion of Rebecca. I was afraid things were going to go terribly for them when Kate found out Rebecca went through her things and listened to her tape, but I'm glad it ended up being a positive encounter for them. And I am so, so glad Rebecca showed up after the miscarriage.

Toby totally rocked it in this episode. He is crazy over the top much of the time, and that bugs me, but he once again proved he is Team Kate.

Rather than seeing Kate as having no emotion, I saw her more as trying to keep it together, possibly hoping the hurt would go away if she acted as if nothing happened. Perhaps she didn't even feel like she deserved to feel pain because she blamed herself. She was finally able to let herself feel when her mom came to see her. I thought the actress did a great job with the short amount of time she was given to convey the trauma of such a difficult event. I saw denial, anger, depression, and acceptance - most of the stages of grief - in Chrissy's performance. In real life, these stages would play out over a longer period, but shows don't always have the luxury of time.

I very much hope this brings Kate and Rebecca permanently closer together. I would hate to see the walls come back up.

I think last week was done better.

I found Kate didn't have any emotion. Felt more for Toby than her. It was just a strange show for me. No Kleenex for me and I have had a miscarriage. I was telling my daughter all about during commercials. She was young when I had it.

Next week is preview is odd too , Deja's mom gets out of jail already when they told us she was going away for a long time.

So I guess no Thanksgiving show this year I guess. They are showing the same day past and present.

I’m with you. It was a good episode but nowhere near last weeks. Maybe it’s because I’m the oldest child and I could relate to Kevin to terms of expectations and pressure?

I’ve liked Toby from the start but I really, really liked him this week. He genuinely loves Kate and wants to protect her from everything. Plus, the way he lets Kate lie on him and strokes her hair reminds me of my husband and me.

Next week looks..interesting. I really think that because Kevin’s story was SO strong that the others are paling in comparison.

I loved Toby this week, and I loved that Rebecca came (and that she didn't say "but..." about the music school audition!)

I agree with:
Rather than seeing Kate as having no emotion, I saw her more as trying to keep it together, possibly hoping the hurt would go away if she acted as if nothing happened.
Kate was pushing the feelings away so they didn't overwhelm her.

Next week definitely looks interesting. I really thought Deja was going to be with them a little longer. I'm wondering if she'll go with her mom, something will happen, and she'll show up back on the doorstep?

I thought it was good. My favorite part by far was when Rebecca and Kate were talking at the hospital and she said something about how they never really connected but that she would always have open arms for Kate and hopes someday she will trust her enough to need her. then it flashed to the present and Rebecca showed up at Kates door and they hugged. I love how they are going between when they were teens and the present. I warmed up to Rebecca.

I thought it was a really good episode. I don't love Kate, but I do connect to her. I struggle with my weight and have a somewhat strained relationship with my mother.

When Rebecca showed up at her door I bawled like a baby. That was exactly what Kate needed her to do.

I love that all 3 episodes about the kids are set on the same day both in the past and present. Looking forward to Randall's episode next week.

Another here who loved that Rebecca came to see her. That was when I cried too. It was nice to finally see some good in their relationship. I was also waiting for the "but" after she complimented her audition tape and was sooooo happy she didn't say it.
Toby was wonderful, but I'm not sure getting rid of everything was the right move before Kate really had a chance to process everything. At least they got the shower curtain back.

Usually I am the person who doesn’t nitpick shows and especially not this one since I enjoy it so much but I couldn’t help doing it this week. Maybe because I’ve had a miscarriage? I know everyone’s different but I found her collapse in the bathroom and then boom! I guess she miscarried in that moment to be unrealistic. Unless she had been spotting for days or feeling off or something. And she didn’t appear to have a D&C so I don’t get why 12 hours later she is singing instead of staying home. A miscarriage is a process...mine was like labor and I ended up with a D&C after hours of pain. I get it’s a tv show but it just took me straight out of it. If I were a show writer she would have gone to the bathroom, hollered for Toby because she saw blood, they end up at ER, ultrasound confirms pregnancy loss and she either goes home to naturally miscarry or they do a D&C.

I also don’t understand why Toby had to comb through every package instead of waiting to intercept the package on his doorstep or something. It just didn’t ring true to me.

Another here who loved that Rebecca came to see her. That was when I cried too. It was nice to finally see some good in their relationship. I was also waiting for the "but" after she complimented her audition tape and was sooooo happy she didn't say it.
Toby was wonderful, but I'm not sure getting rid of everything was the right move before Kate really had a chance to process everything. At least they got the shower curtain back.

Usually I am the person who doesn’t nitpick shows and especially not this one since I enjoy it so much but I couldn’t help doing it this week. Maybe because I’ve had a miscarriage? I know everyone’s different but I found her collapse in the bathroom and then boom! I guess she miscarried in that moment to be unrealistic. Unless she had been spotting for days or feeling off or something. And she didn’t appear to have a D&C so I don’t get why 12 hours later she is singing instead of staying home. A miscarriage is a process...mine was like labor and I ended up with a D&C after hours of pain. I get it’s a tv show but it just took me straight out of it. If I were a show writer she would have gone to the bathroom, hollered for Toby because she saw blood, they end up at ER, ultrasound confirms pregnancy loss and she either goes home to naturally miscarry or they do a D&C.

I also don’t understand why Toby had to comb through every package instead of waiting to intercept the package on his doorstep or something. It just didn’t ring true to me.
Because Toby needed something to do to occupy his mind. It wasn’t just about protecting Kate it was self preservation. Most men are “doers” when it comes to crisis. Their instinct is to fix things. Kate wasn’t ready to share her grief, he needed a way to deal with his until she was. It felt authentic to me because that’s something my DH would have done.

I hesitate to speak about miscarriage because I’ve been fortunate not to have had to experience one but they are not all the same. My sister had seven and each happened quite differently. Only two required a D&C. When they were speaking to the doctor she said Kate had already lost the baby and didn’t need a D&C. I got the impression they’d been there for hours.

I've had 2 miscarriages & in both cases I pretty much could resume my normal routine the next day. I just bled very heavily (but didn't collapse or anything) and went to see my OB later that day. Didn't go to the ER and didn't have to have a D&C. I had some cramping but it was just like a bad period. I think everyone's experience is different. My friend just had one on her Disney trip & was literally in the Magic Kingdom the next day. Overall I think it was well done. Having a miscarriage really does bring out a range of emotions. Although I agree that Toby going through the packages was dumb & seemed like a time filler.

I really relate to Kate & her mom as it reminds me a lot of my relationship with my 15 year old DD. She usually keeps me at arms length but after a tragedy in our family this summer she finally allowed me to get close. I actually think she is a good mom, certainly not perfect, but realistic.

I don’t think every miscarriage follows the same pattern. I had two and never went to the ER; my second was very much like how Kate’s was portrayed in the show. She’s singing 12 hours later to avoid having to deal with her pain and her feelings of disappointing Toby.

I agree Toby’s reaction was over the top, but I chalked it up to a TV show trying to show how helpless he felt when Kate wouldn’t let him comfort her.

Yeah, I thought Toby going through the packages was a little silly, but I think they were trying to portray that he felt helpless and needed to do something. He needed to stay busy and have a purpose. Kate just left him and went to work like it was a normal day, and he was left floundering with all those feelings and nobody to lean on.

Because Toby needed something to do to occupy his mind. It wasn’t just about protecting Kate it was self preservation. Most men are “doers” when it comes to crisis. Their instinct is to fix things. Kate wasn’t ready to share her grief, he needed a way to deal with his until she was. It felt authentic to me because that’s something my DH would have done.
I totally get why Toby did it. I just thought maybe he should have hid the baby bath, rather than give it away until Kate had a chance to deal. But I know he had the best of intentions, and he was wonderful last night.

I was also waiting for the "but" after the compliment of the audition tape. When it didn't come, it made me think that Kate has been extremely over sensitive about Rebecca. We've only seen one or two comments that could be construed as critical.

I loved Toby this week, and I loved that Rebecca came (and that she didn't say "but..." about the music school audition!)

I was waiting for the "but" also and it seemed like she was holding it back. It was nice to see Rebecca come through for Kate after her miscarriage and their relationship deepen a bit.

So... I don't see previews for the next week since I watch on amazon. I have to say that reading about the previews here is starting to feel like spoilers to me. I may bow out of the thread and just come on once the season is over or there's a winter break, etc.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

I think the thread about Kevin’s addiction may be to bring attention to the terrible opioid crisis in North America. If so, and it helps someone, then it’s a good thing. Kimblebee, I completely agree with you about the women fawning over Justin on The View. I was disgusted that they could go from talking about men abusing women to objectifying him, and it seemed pretty sexual. I can’t understand why they did this. It seems like such a double standard. I get that he’s a good looking guy, but I thought it was uncomfortable and wouldn’t be acceptable if it was a woman.

I think the thread about Kevin’s addiction may be to bring attention to the terrible opioid crisis in North America. If so, and it helps someone, then it’s a good thing. Kimblebee, I completely agree with you about the women fawning over Justin on The View. I was disgusted that they could go from talking about men abusing women to objectifying him, and it seemed pretty sexual. I can’t understand why they did this. It seems like such a double standard. I get that he’s a good looking guy, but I thought it was uncomfortable and wouldn’t be acceptable if it was a woman.

I'm glad I didn't see the view that day. Sounds very cringe-worthy. You are absolutely right, imagine if it was a table full of men leering and commenting on an attractive woman sitting at the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts