This Is Us- Season two

Actually, I thought it was the perfect (yet tragic) way to end the episode, especially since Kevin was going to Randall to upload all his issues and then realized all those calls he was ignoring from Kate were, in fact, pretty important. Yet another example of Kevin being so wrapped up in his own life to not think about his siblings. :(
I get that. And it makes sense. I just don't know if I want to sit through the episode next week that plays that out.

I agree, next week will be brutal. I'm guessing it will be the Thanksgiving episode since Kevin went home for the holiday. Not sure if Kate will stay in CA or go home. I hope they lighten it up a bit the following week, which will be Randalls story.

Kevin didn't go home for the holidays he went back for an award and then ended up at Randall for help but Randall told him about Kate.

I hope we will see Kate telling Rebecca about the baby before she loses it but who knows.

I'm like others on here , going to be rough watching next week. Kate was worried at the beginning too when she asked the doctor if it was still there. She is going to blame herself for doing something wrong...I know this all too well.

It sounds like next week's episode is going to be tough for a lot of us who have experienced pregnancy loss. And at any other time of the year I might be willing to watch, but the last thing I need right before Thanksgiving is a reminder of my loss so I might skip it and watch it after the holiday.

I think this was poor timing on their part, IMO. I'll watch some feel good television instead.

Kevin didn't go home for the holidays he went back for an award and then ended up at Randall for help but Randall told him about Kate.

I hope we will see Kate telling Rebecca about the baby before she loses it but who knows.

I'm like others on here , going to be rough watching next week. Kate was worried at the beginning too when she asked the doctor if it was still there. She is going to blame herself for doing something wrong...I know this all too well.
He did say, well, I’m going home for Thanksgiving anyway. But I don’t think we’ll be getting holiday episodes this season. I found them pretty ‘meh’ last year anyway.

He did say, well, I’m going home for Thanksgiving anyway. But I don’t think we’ll be getting holiday episodes this season. I found them pretty ‘meh’ last year anyway.

That holiday ritual they had to re-enact was pretty lame. I almost felt bad for Miguel to have to re-live something he was never a part of.

This is why I watch it twice , usually on the weekend when nothing else is on. I don't pick up things like all you guys the first time around....lol

I remember last Thanksgiving , with the hat right? they let Miguel wear it for the first time.

That holiday ritual they had to re-enact was pretty lame. I almost felt bad for Miguel to have to re-live something he was never a part of.
But he got to wear the hat last year, that was sweet.
I enjoyed both holiday episodes last year, well, at least until Toby crashed through the coffee table.

I am a bit sad that we never got to see Rebecca's reaction to Kates announcement that she was pregnant.

I don't think I am. I was pretty sure her reaction was going to be fear that exactly this would happen.

I also think one of the reasons they teased it at the end of the last episode was so people who would connect very personally could decide whether they wanted to watch it this week or not.

Saw a preview for Kate's story...she yells at Toby and says it didn't happen to you when he is trying to console her I'm guessing . Then a shot of Toby in the car hitting the steering wheel uptset and she goes missing on him. Wonder if she too will end up at Randall's .

It will be hard to watch but like a train wreck I will watch it.

Saw a preview for Kate's story...she yells at Toby and says it didn't happen to you when he is trying to console her I'm guessing . Then a shot of Toby in the car hitting the steering wheel uptset and she goes missing on him. Wonder if she too will end up at Randall's .

It will be hard to watch but like a train wreck I will watch it.
I saw that clip too. What a bizarre way for a woman to lash out at the father of her child who is also grieving the loss...:confused: I can't stress enough how much I hate this story line.

Last edited:
I binge watched the first season, as there were so many good reviews about this show. I absolutely love it! I don't know how many seasons it can continue though, after all the pieces are finally fit together. I just wonder if it's going to be short lived. It's a beautiful story and the characters are so real, you just fall can't help but be addicted. Thanks for starting this thread.

I binge watched the first season, as there were so many good reviews about this show. I absolutely love it! I don't know how many seasons it can continue though, after all the pieces are finally fit together. I just wonder if it's going to be short lived. It's a beautiful story and the characters are so real, you just fall can't help but be addicted. Thanks for starting this thread.
There are alot of back stories I hope it will go on for a long while.

I saw that clip too. What a bizarre way for a woman to lash out at the father of her child who is also grieving the loss...:confused: I can't stress enough how much I hate this story line.
I agree. She is very self absorbed. I had sixteen miscarriages. You can't shut your husband out or it will be the death of the relationship. A man may grieve differently, but his grief is just as real. You can't turn on each other. You're in it together.

Good thought. I bet it will be the three of them together at the end of the three episodes.
The thing is that isn't healthy. Randall seems to have it together with Beth, but both Kevin and Kate keep their SO at arms length. It's not a way to keep a relationship together.

The thing is that isn't healthy. Randall seems to have it together with Beth, but both Kevin and Kate keep their SO at arms length. It's not a way to keep a relationship together.
I bet we will see a time that they struggled that they weren't so all together.

Did anyone see Justin on The View today? He said that we probably haven’t seen the lowest point for Kevin yet. Ugh, how much worse will it get?

On a totally different topic- I like the view and watch every day but seeing today’s show seemed really skeevy. They spent more time gushing about how hot he is and showing videos on him working out and talking about how he was listed (along with Milo and Sterling) as TVs sexiest cast. Given the climate that we’re in now with all the allegations being made it just seemed like such a double standard.

I realize he posed for all the pictures and videos and it’s nowhere near the same as assault or harassment but it still seemed icky that they spent sooo much time talking about it. I wanted to hear about the show, not his waxing scene in a movie.

Anyway, don’t forget your Kleenex for tonight’s show. I know it will hit close to home for a few and understand if you skip this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter