This is the Cheesiest Report Ever- Nov 2018 Deluxe Dining Report-updated 12/30 Mama Melrose

I'm joining in! Love the report so far and I am looking forward to seeing your report on all of the other places you ate at. And I could eat cheese 20 times a day and not regret it one bit even with the mild discomfort it gives me so there's that too!

Too bad on the Tonga Toast, that looks like a really bad batch he got as it normally looks and tastes delicious.

Joining in! Looks like you ate WAY better than we did on our trip!

We did Kona for dinner and weren't all that impressed either. Last year we tried the Tonga Toast at Capt. Cook's and thought the same thing as your husband. Of course, I thought maybe it was because we didn't have the strawberry syrup on it but I guess even that probably wouldn't have helped.

Can't wait to read more :-)

Joining in! I thought the same thing about the pancakes, too many nuts! I was shocked that they used that many macadamia nuts in one order, it was like an entire small jar of nuts. Those aren’t cheap.

Back home, we had this amazing Polynesian restaurant that, unfortunately, recently closed after being in business for over 50 years. It was hokey and plastered in plastic tiki garb, but I loved it. I guess the resort and restaurant always reminded me of each other.
This sounds awesome and completely my kind of place!!!

I love the coffee. I let it steep a little longer to get a nice, bold flavor. Jason enjoys this juice in whatever form it may be, depending on which restaurant has it.
I'm not even a huge coffee fan and I love this too. Funny how that little press can make such a big difference.

It was a little on the burnt side, and he only found one lonely banana inside. This was dry and just hard to eat. I think he should have sent it back, but he was polite and didn't want to trouble anyone.
Oh no sorry Jason didn't enjoy this.

macademiapancakes-jpg.365977
Yum! These are my Jason's favorite. Glad to see you loved them too!

I'm joining in! Love the report so far and I am looking forward to seeing your report on all of the other places you ate at. And I could eat cheese 20 times a day and not regret it one bit even with the mild discomfort it gives me so there's that too!

Too bad on the Tonga Toast, that looks like a really bad batch he got as it normally looks and tastes delicious.

Thank you for joining in! We did see some other people that had normal looking toast so I told him it wasn't supposed to look like that, but he was just over it, I guess.

Joining in! Looks like you ate WAY better than we did on our trip!

We did Kona for dinner and weren't all that impressed either. Last year we tried the Tonga Toast at Capt. Cook's and thought the same thing as your husband. Of course, I thought maybe it was because we didn't have the strawberry syrup on it but I guess even that probably wouldn't have helped.

Can't wait to read more :-)

We have eaten at Kona 3 or 4 times, I think. We didn't care for it that much for lunch but always thought it was okay for breakfast. It's in a nice spot, at least.

Reading along, yummy!

Welcome over!

Love a good food report!

Kim

Hope you enjoy!

Joining in! I thought the same thing about the pancakes, too many nuts! I was shocked that they used that many macadamia nuts in one order, it was like an entire small jar of nuts. Those aren’t cheap.

You're right, they aren't cheap. So, I find it a little surprising they used so many on such a low-priced meal. Well, low-priced for Disney food, anyway!

This sounds awesome and completely my kind of place!!!

I think you would have totally loved it! I actually went there for prom many years ago, and it was so fun and special. It was pretty expensive so we only went on special occasions, but it was always packed. The owner's recipes were original, and it was the best egg flower (not drop) soup I've ever had. She served amazing crab rangoons, wontons, fried rice, and other Asian specialties with a Polynesian flair. It was BYOB, but their Hawaiian tea was spectacular. I am so heartbroken she had to close the restaurant due to staffing inadequacies. There were huge fish tanks with bright, tropical fish, and the two dining rooms were dark and lit by candles and black lights. They had a few huge wicker chairs that were like "thrones" and it was always a contest to see who got to sit there. I know they have the Spirit of Aloha, 'Ohana, and Kona, but Disney would have really liked this restaurant, too. Excuse me while I wipe away a tear.

Enjoying your food report and looking forward to more. Can’t have too much cheese! Loved your description of the restaurant that closed. You’re a good writer - very evocative.

Welcome to The Cheesiest Report Ever-

Following along! Very excited to hear about everything cheesy :p

classicpoutine-jpg.365887

He went with the Classic, which was the nice fluffy fries, bites of cheese curd, and gravy. I'm not a big gravy fan myself, but this was really good.

Yum I love this poutine :lovestruc

bbwolfepretzel-jpg.365889

People. I'm a pretzel connoisseur. As we speak, I'm snacking on limited edition Ale Cheddar pretzel pieces. Let me tell you, this is the best pretzel I've ever had on property if not in my lifetime. I'm not sure if it was because the braiding changed the baking of the dough or what, but it was so soft and buttery and just perfect. I don't eat a lot of salt except for on pretzels, and this was the perfect amount. The cheese on the left side of the plate was almost like what they serve at Cooke's of Dublin without the bacon, but it was sharp and paired perfectly with the pretzel. I don't really care for mustard, but I liked the mustard they served with this. I'm not sure if the better bite was with the cheese or if it was when I put a little of the salt from the pretzel into the mustard. This is a really long paragraph for a pretzel, but that should tell you how amazing this was.

You make a very strong case for this pretzel :scratchin now I'm thinking of how I can fit getting one of these into our plans.

Joining in! I love a good DxDP breakdown! I always look into it for us and it never seems to work out so I'm interested in how it went for you!

Popping over from your TR. looking forward to finding out the answers to. the questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter