This is my first time...

jasmine206

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I'll be making reservations for the first time since signing the papers for OKW! The first time we go home, however, we're planning on staying at a studio at the BWV. I just want to make sure I've got this right - I can call Member Services on Sept 1 to request ressies for April 1-5, correct? Also, am I being unrealistic thinking that I'll get ressies for the week after Easter at another resort (other than our home resort that is)? We're going to SOG in Oct and plan on OKW for Sept 02 - we need to plan this trip around the school vacation! (Before any teachers yell at me my oldest DD is just starting kindergarten! )Thanks in advance..
:)

Hi Jasmine --

A couple of corrections. You can call 7 months from day you check-out. To reserve day-by-day you could call Sept. 2 to reserve April 1 and keep calling every day or else call Sept. 6 to book the whole trip. Sept. 2 is a Sunday and MS is closed. You'd call Sept. 3 and could book April 1 & 2.

PamOKW - with how busy that time of year is, is it advisable to call and reserve day by day? I'm thinking probably so.... Thanks!

Call on the first day and check availability - if they have lots available, then you can probably wait until the last day and just reserve the single block. If things look pretty tight, make the ressie day by day. If you make it day by day, tell MS that you are doing this then on the last day, tell them this is your last day. That way they will only send you one confirmation letter, rather than one letter for each day.

Another thing you can do is call say around month 10 or 9 and see what things look like - and if it's tight then, make alternate plans based on the possibility that you might not be able to get accomodations.

If you are looking for a studio, be advised that studios often fill up fastest. If you can't get what you want, reserve what you can at any DVC resort and get put on a wait list for the ressie you want. Ofen times, plans change close to the date and something will open up for you.

The weeks around Easter do tend to be popular and studios book faster than the other room types. If you really want to go to the world at that time, I would recommend that you book now at your home resort of OKW. Then at the 7 month window, call day by day to change to BWV. That way, if the studio you want isn't available, you'll still have a room. Also, if you can't get all of the days you want at BWV, you may be able to get them later via the waitlist. Many people have reported that the waitlist worked for them. Good Luck!

I'm new at this, too, and just wanted to prepare you for a l-o-n-g wait on the phone for MS on a Monday. The first reservation I madeon a Monday was about a 15 minute wait. When I called on the last Monday of the month (when people are banking points), it was about 40 minutes. I was doing work and just stayed on hold because I'm stubborn and waited to see how long it would really take. Good luck! Our first trip is next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter