Things to get before trip

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
So excited to be taking the grands on this big first trip May 2025. (3 boys 10,9,6) I am going to the parks in September with my DD and DGD2 for a girls trip. The boys don’t know yet and we plan on making them a big box for Christmas to surprise them. What can I get for their trip when I am there in September that would be useful in the surprise or on the trip. I plan on getting extra park maps, first trip buttons, maybe a Disney ballcap. Trying to get other ideas of something I can get in the parks that wouldn’t be available otherwise.

You could get them MagicBands if you plan on using them- I’ve found there’s a larger selection there than online. Or pin lanyards with a starter set if you think they’d be interested in pin trading. Packaged candy with character themes would be good too!

Will they be carrying small bags? I made fanny/belt bags for each of my nieces when we went a few years ago and they were a hit! They were also great in the park so the kids could carry a snack and their lip balm, small change, etc

Will they be carrying small bags? I made fanny/belt bags for each of my nieces when we went a few years ago and they were a hit! They were also great in the park so the kids could carry a snack and their lip balm, small change, etc
I haven’t decided yet. My own kids always carried their own bags from a young age. Not sure if the grandkids are responsible enough. I fear I may be running all over the park looking for a bag that they took off and forgot.

I haven’t decided yet. My own kids always carried their own bags from a young age. Not sure if the grandkids are responsible enough. I fear I may be running all over the park looking for a bag that they took off and forgot.
Oh goodness. I totally get that. We had a moment of panic when one of nieces left her bag on expedition Everest after we got off..... belt bags were pretty great because they generally did not need to be taken off, but i totally understand the hesitance.

An autograph book and a pen if they want to meet characters, Disney hand sanitizer, a popcorn bucket.
We have never done the popcorn buckets but thought about it. If I get one in September can I still use it in May next year? I think I read you could

I haven't been in awhile ' popcorn buckets? Please describe I or explain?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter