They are Killing Me...Phantom Manor!

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
ARRGH!

Just venting, but I want to plan a trip to DLP SO bad. I am ready to do it and wanted to go early next year, but I will not go without Phantom Manor! They keep pushing it back and back and back. Now it looks like April, but it's not 100%, and even if they say it is, I don't know if I trust them.

Sorry, just a rant, but I really want to get this going. I may have to plan for later in the year just to be safe.

I feel it too, except mine is Buzz Lightyear. It's off for my entire stay and beyond which I find so annoying.

I feel it too, except mine is Buzz Lightyear. It's off for my entire stay and beyond which I find so annoying.

I hear ya. I can usually deal with a refurb or two, but not on the Haunted Mansion counterpart. I just can't do it. Is Buzz any different in DLP? This is something I'd like to know as I plan.

I hear ya. I can usually deal with a refurb or two, but not on the Haunted Mansion counterpart. I just can't do it. Is Buzz any different in DLP? This is something I'd like to know as I plan.

Paris Buzz is the same as in the one in California in that the blaster isn’t fixed to the vehicle like it is in Florida - which is better in my opinion, makes it easier to aim. Other than the Buzz animatronic doing his spiel in French as well as English (fun to listen to first time) the rest of the ride is virtually identical.

I'm curious to see what they've done to it. I hope they fixed the lights in the elevator, it is always so dark during the last few seconds before the door open, I've never been able to see clearly what goes up in the attic.

Not sure if the addition of FP will be a welcome addition. Except for extreme crowds, the queue usually goes fast.

Paris Buzz is the same as in the one in California in that the blaster isn’t fixed to the vehicle like it is in Florida - which is better in my opinion, makes it easier to aim. Other than the Buzz animatronic doing his spiel in French as well as English (fun to listen to first time) the rest of the ride is virtually identical.

Also: in California all targets are circular shape, in Paris they are (in ascending value): circle square diamond triangle.
Scenes are also different but the general look and feel is the same.

Oh crap! We're going in March and Phantom Manor is one of the reasons we are going.

That's unfortunate and exactly what I am trying to avoid. I just don't want to have a trip to Europe on the books and then they push this back even more. Currently it is on the closure list for March, but not April, so it is suspected that it will open before April, but no date has been given. It could certainly open sometime in March, so I hope it does in time for your trip. I have found it very frustrating though as it is definitely one of the biggest attractions I would want to see!

Good luck!

Also: in California all targets are circular shape, in Paris they are (in ascending value): circle square diamond triangle.
Scenes are also different but the general look and feel is the same.

No, Buzz in California does have the same different shaped targets.

I agree! My trip is May and I’m holding out hope it will be open, however not banking on anything at this point.

I would love to see it the rest of my family won’t even know what they are missing.

I'm wintering in Paris with my boyfriend, and I am crushed that Phantom won't be open before I return to America for summer.

We are going in March and we are crushed. We are reducing our Disney time if it isn't open for our dates.

We are going in March and we are crushed. We are reducing our Disney time if it isn't open for our dates.

Out of curiosity, how many days are you planning?

We are talking about a 5 minute ride, which would have most likely in low season (during the week) no lines. It is absolutely a good ride, no denying about that, but you make it sound like you had planned to spend a full or half day on Phantom Manor alone. I know Disneyland Paris is no WDW, but there is more than just one ride. ;)

I've booked by phone for early April. The phone operator warned us that it could be possible that Phantom Manor would be closed but that the refurb is planned through mid March.

We went to DLP for 4 days last year. Too much time frankly and we are planning only two full days this time. We are going mid-March and on a short spring break vacation. I convinced everyone to return on the promise of PM. Too many lovely things to explore in the city if the weather isn't cooperating and the ride is still down.

We went to DLP for 4 days last year. Too much time frankly and we are planning only two full days this time. We are going mid-March and on a short spring break vacation. I convinced everyone to return on the promise of PM. Too many lovely things to explore in the city if the weather isn't cooperating and the ride is still down.

Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, i would agree that 4 days is too much for 1 visit.
I wouldn't necessarily cancel out on 2 days, but depends a bit on when you go in March. They have both the Pirates & Princess Festival with some special entertainment, plus Legends of the Force in the Studios with special entertainment. Both end mid March.

Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, i would agree that 4 days is too much for 1 visit.
I wouldn't necessarily cancel out on 2 days, but depends a bit on when you go in March. They have both the Pirates & Princess Festival with some special entertainment, plus Legends of the Force in the Studios with special entertainment. Both end mid March.

4 Days is perfect if you are taking little ones who can't hack long days though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter