" There are worse places to get stuck!" - A Mother/Daughter January '18 Trip - *Finished 4/25 !!*

I am going to guess the snow storm caused you to get stuck at WDW longer. We just had similar...supposed to drive home Jan 4, to NC, when storm hit so we extended trip to Jan 6. So I am very interested in reading your TR. Thanks for posting.

Following along! Sounds like a great start to the trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

You and your mom look so cute and happy! Yay for getting an upgraded room :thumbsup2

Thank you! We were so excited!

Following along, my daughter and I do many trips together! Yay for the upgrade!

Thanks for joining in! :wave2: We had so much fun, just the two of us!

I am going to guess the snow storm caused you to get stuck at WDW longer. We just had similar...supposed to drive home Jan 4, to NC, when storm hit so we extended trip to Jan 6. So I am very interested in reading your TR. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for following along! :scratchin You will have to keep reading to find out!

So since I have been home, and to be honest before we even left to go, I have been begging Sken to do a 30th birthday trip. He has been saying that he does want to go back but he wants to wait until Galaxy's Edge opens up. The other night we saw a commercial saying that Universal has a new Fast and Furious ride, and that got him thinking. I mentioned maybe doing a first wedding anniversary trip? That way we could do Halloween, Christmas, and Universal. He said he would think about it! :woohoo: So fingers crossed I can convince him!

Hoping to get in another update this afternoon!

Day 1- MK
Part One

So where I left off, Mom and I were on a high because we just found out that we got upgraded and we were heading to the parks! We had changed into shorts and t-shirts since we were hot from traveling and saw others dressed similarly. When we got to the bus stop, there was a bus there and we hopped on! However...

While walking to the bus stop, I was texting my Aunt to let her know we were on the way, and mom said "What's that bus say? Kingdom! Let's go!" So I followed and hopped on. I excitedly snapped that last picture of us on the bus and finished texting my aunt. Only after a minute or two of driving did we realize that we got on the Animal Kingdom bus! :sad2: So off to AK we went.

I told mom that we could switch buses at AK and head to MK from there. Being at AKL we got to AK in less than 5 minutes and moved over to the MK line. Where we waited and waited... Must have been 25 minutes we waited for that bus. Did I mention that it was COLD?? :headache: We talked about going back to AKL and grabbing warmer clothes but I kept thinking it would be longer than waiting it out and Mom suggested just buying sweatshirts at MK to keep warm. Okay, let's do that!

We finally made it to MK around 12:15. We met up with my Aunt and Cousin and went right into the Emporium to grab sweatshirts. Once they were acquired, we talked about what the plans were. My aunt has a FL resident pass, so she got to pick FP at 30 days out and was able to get overlapping ones for every ride except SDMT. So we had a FP for Space Mtn but Mom and I also had an ADR at BOG for 12:50. We decided to all head that way and see if we could add my Aunt and Cousin to the reservation.

IMG_5973 (2).JPG

When we got there, the CM Eva told us that I had not only a lunch reservation but TWO dinner reservations, both listed for 5 people?? I have no clue how that happened because it never appeared on my MDE and we had a Raglan Road ressie for that night. Eva was super helpful, and squared it all away, allowing all four of us for lunch and cancelling both dinners! We headed down the ramp and got in line.

IMG_5974.JPG

The line took a bit, but soon we were seated in the Ballroom and getting ready to eat our lunch!

IMG_5975.JPG

I got the turkey sandwich, mom got the French dip, Aunt got French onion soup and Cousin got the kids meatloaf. We all really enjoyed our food and the atmosphere! I was the only one who had been in here before so it was fun to show it off to everyone! And no meal at the Beast's Castle is complete without the Grey Stuff!

IMG_5976.JPG

After we filled our bellies, we snapped a selfie on the way out and made our way towards Tomorrowland!

IMG_5977.JPG

We thought we were going to miss our Space FP, but it turns out that the ride went down during our window, so we got the option to do it later, or get a free FP for another attraction. Cousin was trying to decide which ride to use it on, but to be honest she really wanted to ride Space. We decided to ride the Peoplemover and see if it was open when we were done. While on the Peoplemover, the lights were on in Space. We thought that wasn't a great sign so we headed to Buzz when we got off. The wait time said it was 40 minutes, but we waited about a half hour.

I rode with Cousin and Mom rode with Aunt. I kicked butt and got the highest score! It was nice to win for a change!

IMG_5984.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180113_8160514092.jpeg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180113_8160518015.jpeg

Look at that concentration! :rotfl:

When we got off Buzz we were going to head across the hub and towards our next FP. We decided to check Space one more time and hurray it was open!! So we headed that way! Aunt sat this one out and right before riding Mom and Cousin started to say they were nervous. After laughing at them we got on and had a great ride into Space!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_20180113_8160527999.jpeg

If anyone followed my last TR, this Cousin is the one who I took on her first ride on Space and when she got off she proceeded to yell "I almost peed my pants and fell out!!" This time she didn't do either but said she still really likes the ride!

Coming up - The other side of MK, our upgraded room, and dinner at DS!

That stinks about the bus and the cool temperature!

Glad you could add your other family members to lunch! The Grey Stuff cupcake is most certainly a must!!

How lucky to see Space with the lights on! And at least it was up and running eventually, and you all got such a cute ride photo! And I like the sweatshirts you and your mom bought :)

That stinks about the bus and the cool temperature!

Glad you could add your other family members to lunch! The Grey Stuff cupcake is most certainly a must!!

How lucky to see Space with the lights on! And at least it was up and running eventually, and you all got such a cute ride photo! And I like the sweatshirts you and your mom bought :)

Thanks! At first I had such sticker shock at the sweatshirts ($45) but they ended up being so useful and I am finding myself wearing it a lot at home too, so that's good.

We thought it might be cold, so we thankfully packed for that, we just didn't think to do it that first day in the park. We did for the rest of the trip though, thank God!

Day 1 - MK
Part Two

When I left off we had just rode Space and we decided to cross the hub and make our way to our next FP on the other side of the park. My cousin at home had texted asking for us to send pictures of "Mickey's House" (The Castle) to his two kids, so we stopped to take these along the way.

28187848769_79b20a2412_z.jpg

39967076901_2e77986b02_z.jpg

My photography skills at this point were seriously lacking! :rotfl:

I also tried for a picture that I had been wanting. When Sken proposed, I wanted to get the classic picture of my ring in front of the Castle. Since it was nighttime when he proposed, and we didn't return to MK after that point, I figured I would try to take it on this trip and just include my wedding band. Well as I stated above, my skills were lacking because this was supposed to focus on the rings and blur the castle, however the opposite happened! :rotfl2:

39967077561_8762d158b5_z.jpg

My aunt to the rescue took a better selfie so that we could continue on!

28187846549_326f3bf622_z.jpg

So off we headed to our next FP, Thunder Mountain! I really wish they would add a ride picture to this ride! I was trying to get Cousin to put her arms in the air on the ride and she was hesitant, but she did it! It was a fun ride around the Wilderness!

28187846659_1696c400e4_z.jpg

From there we headed towards Pirates, another ride Cousin wanted to do. The wait was listed at 50 minutes, but I think we ended up waiting closer to 40. The picture from Pirates didn't show on MDE so I am going to have to call and see if they can find it.

At some point during this afternoon we got the room ready text from AKL so I had taken this screenshot to try to guess whereabouts the room was.

28187844269_752f9078db_z.jpg

We got room

28187843739_b8e77f00b9_z.jpg

Which is in the second section that jets to the right above on the right hand side of the picture. Aunt and Cousin would be staying in our room this one night, so when we left MK we drove their car back to AKL which was a neat experience. I have never had a car in Disney, so taking the monorail to the TTC, finding a tram, then walking to the car and driving out was a new experience. While you actually got a seat in the vehicle you leave in, it seemed to be just as much of a hassle to get to the resort.

We finally arrived at AKL and headed to the room. I took a few pictures, but only of the bathroom area and the balcony because apparently I am a slacker.

28187845649_c46653f30d_z.jpg

28187846389_442a595d1d_z.jpg

We got a room with BUNK BEDS! :confused3 We didn't really mind, but it was so odd because only Mom and I were listed on the reservation, so they expected one of the two grown woman to sleep on a bunk? We didn't let it bother us though because it was a free upgrade so it was better than what we could have had. Cousin ended up sleeping on the top bunk, I took the bottom and Mom and Aunt shared a bed because I couldn't let my Aunt sleep on the bottom bunk!

Let's check out our view shall we?

28187845009_05a3fe1e8d_z.jpg

Um... is anyone out there?? :magnify:

Oh boy.. how was this going to turn out? Maybe our upgrade wasn't so great after all?

We called up bell services and quickly changed into warmer clothes. We got to rest for a little bit, but soon had to go down to catch a bus to DS to head to dinner! Where would we be eating?

Continued Next Post..

Day 1 - Disney Springs
Part Three

I found a picture of more of the room! I thought I had taken one of the bunks, it just saved to a weird place. So this is Cousin on her top bunk!

IMG_5998.JPG

It was quickly time for dinner! We were all bundled up and heading to Disney Springs for dinner at Raglan Road!

IMG_5999.JPG

It just so happened that it was also the night of the AFC East Championship game. We knew we'd miss the first little bit of the game due to the timing of dinner, but figured we would ask the waiter/waitress where we could watch it after we were done. We also debated heading to the Boardwalk to watch at ESPN but had to see how long dinner was going to take.

We checked in about 5 minutes after our grace period was over. There was some traffic on the way, and we stopped at Kadini Village before heading out, so we were running late.. oops! It took a bit to get seated, so we checked out the store before being brought to our table.

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6008.JPG

Our waiter, Luis, was from RI and was excited to get some Pat's fans at his table! We got the game going on Aunt's phone and it became a joke because all the waiters would come by our table to check the score throughout the night. We were the popular table!

We got drinks and food.

39936202942_b911d8ce12_z.jpg

26095496308_8e887112b6_z.jpg

I took horrible notes and couldn't even tell you what I got! We all enjoyed our food and drinks though! We also had a great seat for the entertainment!

IMG_6003.JPG

This picture doesn't show it, because someone walked in front of the camera but they really were great seats! I got some great videos of the dancers this night but I have no clue how to upload them on this new format so sorry!!

Before we were done eating, Cousin had had enough. They had left their house early this morning to get to MK at Rope Drop so it's no surprise she was tired. She asked if she could lay on me and I happily told her it was okay.

IMG_6009.JPG

Because she was out, we ended up staying longer than we thought after dinner and watching the game on my Aunt's phone. We talked it over and we all decided to just head back to the room and watch the last quarter there. It had been a long day for us all and more traveling around would just be a waste. We watched Aunt's phone on the bus and then on the TV back in the room. The Pat's won and it was a happy night for us! We all promptly crashed after that!

Here were the stats for the day according to my FitBit.
IMG_6285.PNG

Up next - Day 2 starting at EPCOT, meeting up with some more family, and then something new!

Following!!!! I'm only on your first post but gosh WHAT A DREAM it must be to get engaged in Disney. It was always a dream of mine to get engaged right before or right after Wishes, but alas... RIP. Anyways! So excited to read about your trip, I love doing trips with my mom!

Sounds like a great end to your day! So funny that you became the popular table!

And your room looks really nice! Hopefully the animals started to appear!

What a beautiful engagement ring for starters! And the upgrade to savannah view? Well hopefully the animals won't be shy any longer. I have never been to Raglan Road but have read so much about it. It may be something we have to do on our Disneymoon in May!

Following!!!! I'm only on your first post but gosh WHAT A DREAM it must be to get engaged in Disney. It was always a dream of mine to get engaged right before or right after Wishes, but alas... RIP. Anyways! So excited to read about your trip, I love doing trips with my mom!

Thanks for popping over! It was such a dream. :lovestruc Wishes already had a special place in my heart, but now so much more!! We still watch it at home on YouTube, and I have the soundtrack on my phone! Love live Wishes!! Hahaa.

Sounds like a great end to your day! So funny that you became the popular table!

And your room looks really nice! Hopefully the animals started to appear!

It was awesome being the popular table! It's so much more fun when other people get into it with you! And we are huge Pat's fans, so it was nice to be able to celebrate with other people too!

Do they :confused3. You will have to wait and see! Haha

What a beautiful engagement ring for starters! And the upgrade to savannah view? Well hopefully the animals won't be shy any longer. I have never been to Raglan Road but have read so much about it. It may be something we have to do on our Disneymoon in May!

Thanks for following along! Thank you! I LOVE my ring. It wasn't something that I would have picked on my own, but I love how it looks and that my Husband picked it out all by himself! :lovestruc

They might.. or might not LOL. You have to keep reading to find out! :rolleyes1

Raglan Road is great! When my Husband and I went we were in a side room so we couldn't see the entertainment but we loved the food. This time both the food and entertainment were excellent!

I know! I mean, why add one on Pirates and not on Big Thunder?

Right?!? I don't get that!

Following along!

Love that you got some pixie dust with your room upgrade but I agree it is a bit odd about the bunk beds?? Hopefully the animals show up! I found when we stayed there they were around the most in the early morning and late afternoon so hopefully that is true for you too.

Loving your report!

Thanks for joining in! :yay:

Great TR! Can't wait for more

Thank you! Hoping to update this morning!

My kids call WDW "Mickey's House." It's how we refer to it now!

So cute! Thanks for popping in!

Following along!

Love that you got some pixie dust with your room upgrade but I agree it is a bit odd about the bunk beds?? Hopefully the animals show up! I found when we stayed there they were around the most in the early morning and late afternoon so hopefully that is true for you too.

Hi! :wave2: Thanks for hopping on!

I was waiting on my mom to send me some pictures so that I could keep going on this TR and she did! So now I just have to sort them and will hopefully get an update in later this morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts