The WOO's thoughts on being a Magic Key holder

Y
Cast Members love to 'ER' (early release) which you can submit a request for the moment you log in and start your shift, or same day time off requests/ADO's without points or negative impact on CM's attendance.

Not exactly force cancelling a shift, just taking advantage of CM's who don't want to work anyways. Disney has a huge amount of behind the scenes production schedulers, stage schedulers, managers, leads, etc... all watching attendance levels throughout the day.
Yeah, I know exactly how it all works. 15 year former cast member here, sister working on 31. 3 other family members between Anaheim, Burbank and Glendale.
The same-day system works just fine at all 4 Florida parks, even with vastly disparate operating hours and scheduling demands.

Y

Yeah, I know exactly how it all works. 15 year former cast member here, sister working on 31. 3 other family members between Anaheim, Burbank and Glendale.
The same-day system works just fine at all 4 Florida parks, even with vastly disparate operating hours and scheduling demands.
Same here, I didn't ask- but thank you for sharing your history. Long time CM here too. Not everyone is though, so hopefully my reply can provide insight to them. 🤷‍♂️

WDW is a different beast and types of guests can't really be compared between the two parks (local vs. tourists). IMO Disneyland will never go to same day cancel, I hope I'm proven wrong though.

WDW is a different beast and types of guests can't really be compared between the two parks (local vs. tourists). IMO Disneyland will never go to same day cancel, I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Yes, WDW has more “non-local” visitors, less likely to cancel last minute, but as was said in the video (and is supported by quite a few FL locals on here who seem to think they are misrepresented), there are still a TON of local guests at WDW who match the same profile as Anaheim guests. Those guests can and do cancel or change park reservations same day all of the time and it works well there.

Given the voracity of DL AP holders, I don’t think we are talking about large numbers here, possibly in the 100’s in a worst-case scenario. Posts on the MagicKey Facebook page regarding the inability to reserve same-day vastly outnumber those complaining that they couldn’t cancel. It would balance out.

Last edited:
True, but under the current system, you can still cancel at 11:59 pm the night before. It’s not like they’re calling cast members at 1 am to cancel shifts.

I wonder what the percentage of total cancellations happen in the 4 hours prior to midnight, and again in the hour prior to midnight. DL has about a year of limited cancellation data from flex passes, so I agree with you, I don't think these cancellations are moving the needle much on last minute staffing changes. Probably they're helping forecast in broader terms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter