The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

No, the dining plan doesn’t work for the way we eat. We are passholders so we get Tables in Wonderland and that allows us to be more flexible!

I know we don’t want to deal with making reservations as I don’t want to have to watch the time but if we are staying at WBC (I need to figure out how to reserve here) we will probably just grab snacks in park and eat after leaving, maybe....

I know we don’t want to deal with making reservations as I don’t want to have to watch the time but if we are staying at WBC (I need to figure out how to reserve here) we will probably just grab snacks in park and eat after leaving, maybe....

Well you have found a great place to ask questions. This thread, in particular, seems to be full of happy helpers who do a mix of the Disney bubble and also understand the beauty and cost-savings of staying offsite. We stayed onsite an awful lot before I fell in love with WBC. Both options still have their advantages but the Bonnet Creek units just provide so much bang for your buck. We are probably more into Disney dining than the rides and attractions at the parks these days, but we tend to stay at Bonnet Creek when we have a whole week's family vacation planned, so we mix things up with Disney restaurants and eating offsite or at the resort. I usually only make a couple of advance dining reservations ahead of my trips - but we don't travel with children, so character meals and hard to get reservations aren't really things we plan for.

We like to eat dinner after we leave the parks too - I find that the Disney resort restaurant lounges are particularly good for this especially if you just want a taste of the cuisine without necessarily ordering full entrees. My favorites for that are the Citrico's lounge at the Grand Floridian, the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, and Sanaa lounge at Kidani Village of Animal Kingdom Lodge. All of those lounges have tables where you can dine (not just bar counters) and you have a server come to your table so it's like a mini sit down meal. The Disney Springs restaurants also tend to be open later if you find yourself wanting a dinner after the parks.

Offsite my favorite Orlando restaurants to eat (especially if we are on a budget) are Hash House a Go Go up on International Drive near Universal (it's great if you plan to visit the outlets that day as well), Miller's Ale House (multiple locations around Orlando) and Chuy's mexican out in Kissimmee not far from Animal Kingdom. They're all chain restaurants but not things close to where I live at home so they're a fun vacation treat.

At the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort the poolside restaurant near Towers 4 & 5 (Escudos, if memory serves me) is actually pretty good for basic sandwiches and lunch fare. We have also gotten Flipper's pizza delivered a few times and really liked the quality, especially if it's for a lunch on a pool day.

We bring heavy snacks for the room and tend to lunch on those if we're back at the resort for a break - I will bring groceries and assemble mexican seven layer dip, pepperoni rolls, and similar. We never do that if we're staying in a Disney hotel but at WBC you'd have a whole kitchen and can just throw everything in the dishwasher after lunch.

I'm not sure if you're on Disboards on a computer or your phone, but I have a number of Disney dining reports in my signature and am happy to help if you have any questions! You didn't directly ask, but I always check with Shelby Resorts first to see about WBC availability. I have always received great, prompt service at a reasonable price renting through them. If they can't help me, I will check on ebay for hard to get weeks. I also planned through Farrell's Vacation Rentals for my first stay at WBC - service was great but I have been able to find better rates than they offer for all trips since then.

Happy planning!!!

We usually get our water/soda cases & the few groceries we require delivered to the disney resorts vs stopping & picking them up.

Anybody know if Amazon Now delivers to WBC? If so, do you have to be there to accept the delivery or is it held ‘somewhere’?

We usually get our water/soda cases & the few groceries we require delivered to the disney resorts vs stopping & picking them up.

Anybody know if Amazon Now delivers to WBC? If so, do you have to be there to accept the delivery or is it held ‘somewhere’?
Yes, we have used Amazon Now there. Our groceries were held at bell services (they have a freezer and refrigerator). You don’t need to be present. I brought a luggage cart from our tower to the main building. A Wyndham employee helped me load the cart.

Yes, we have used Amazon Now there. Our groceries were held at bell services (they have a freezer and refrigerator). You don’t need to be present. I brought a luggage cart from our tower to the main building. A Wyndham employee helped me load the cart.

Thanks, probably will just pick them up on way driving back to property.

Well you have found a great place to ask questions. This thread, in particular, seems to be full of happy helpers who do a mix of the Disney bubble and also understand the beauty and cost-savings of staying offsite. We stayed onsite an awful lot before I fell in love with WBC. Both options still have their advantages but the Bonnet Creek units just provide so much bang for your buck. We are probably more into Disney dining than the rides and attractions at the parks these days, but we tend to stay at Bonnet Creek when we have a whole week's family vacation planned, so we mix things up with Disney restaurants and eating offsite or at the resort. I usually only make a couple of advance dining reservations ahead of my trips - but we don't travel with children, so character meals and hard to get reservations aren't really things we plan for.

We like to eat dinner after we leave the parks too - I find that the Disney resort restaurant lounges are particularly good for this especially if you just want a taste of the cuisine without necessarily ordering full entrees. My favorites for that are the Citrico's lounge at the Grand Floridian, the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, and Sanaa lounge at Kidani Village of Animal Kingdom Lodge. All of those lounges have tables where you can dine (not just bar counters) and you have a server come to your table so it's like a mini sit down meal. The Disney Springs restaurants also tend to be open later if you find yourself wanting a dinner after the parks.

Offsite my favorite Orlando restaurants to eat (especially if we are on a budget) are Hash House a Go Go up on International Drive near Universal (it's great if you plan to visit the outlets that day as well), Miller's Ale House (multiple locations around Orlando) and Chuy's mexican out in Kissimmee not far from Animal Kingdom. They're all chain restaurants but not things close to where I live at home so they're a fun vacation treat.

At the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort the poolside restaurant near Towers 4 & 5 (Escudos, if memory serves me) is actually pretty good for basic sandwiches and lunch fare. We have also gotten Flipper's pizza delivered a few times and really liked the quality, especially if it's for a lunch on a pool day.

We bring heavy snacks for the room and tend to lunch on those if we're back at the resort for a break - I will bring groceries and assemble mexican seven layer dip, pepperoni rolls, and similar. We never do that if we're staying in a Disney hotel but at WBC you'd have a whole kitchen and can just throw everything in the dishwasher after lunch.

I'm not sure if you're on Disboards on a computer or your phone, but I have a number of Disney dining reports in my signature and am happy to help if you have any questions! You didn't directly ask, but I always check with Shelby Resorts first to see about WBC availability. I have always received great, prompt service at a reasonable price renting through them. If they can't help me, I will check on ebay for hard to get weeks. I also planned through Farrell's Vacation Rentals for my first stay at WBC - service was great but I have been able to find better rates than they offer for all trips since then.

Happy planning!!!
I read this earlier today and liked your post but I just came across it again and felt it was worth saying what a helpful and thoughtful post this is. It’s so nice to see someone take the time to write so much information to help us all out on the thread. Thank you. :)

I read this earlier today and liked your post but I just came across it again and felt it was worth saying what a helpful and thoughtful post this is. It’s so nice to see someone take the time to write so much information to help us all out on the thread. Thank you. :)

Thank you so much :hug: I feel like I “know” you through Gina’s threads so that means a lot to me. I have learned so much and have made so many great memories with my family using the tips and tricks here on the Disboards that I feel honored to pay it forward from time to time, especially when we have a first-time visitor here in the WBC thread! It took me several years to “wisen up” and give Bonnet Creek a shot and boy we have sure enjoyed it since!!!

Only seven more "sleeps" until we go to Bonnet Creek! Can't wait to unplug and relax for a full week. We will probably only leave the resort once to go shopping at Disney Springs, other than that just a lot of relaxing.

Only seven more "sleeps" until we go to Bonnet Creek! Can't wait to unplug and relax for a full week. We will probably only leave the resort once to go shopping at Disney Springs, other than that just a lot of relaxing.

Have a wonderful time

Last edited:

Happy planning!!!

Thanks for this!!!! I had to take a break from Disney planning to plan Spring Break. We had a great trip to Gatlinburg with several things being confirmed.

We definitely need a bigger space than a hotel room so I need to move forward with reserving at least a 1 bedroom condo. I’m pretty sure this type of space on property is out of our budget right now. We are very active during our trips so I need to plan a rest day probably after 2 park days.

We are going to the 4 parks, so realistically how many days should I plan to be in Orlando? In addition, how far do you drive to the off site restaurants that you really like?

Thanks!

Can someone post the activity schedule. Looking forward to our upcoming stay
If no one posts a more recent version, do a search within this thread. I know I posted one from last April. Unless you're already trying plan each day, I doubt the schedule changes THAT much.

You have more restraint than me. I don't know if I could stay so close to Disney and not go.

What are the closest restaurants for breakfast? Are there any at Bonnet Creek Resort itself or just the Grand? Also, how long of a drive would it be to Hilton or Waldorf?

Thanks!

What are the closest restaurants for breakfast? Are there any at Bonnet Creek Resort itself or just the Grand? Also, how long of a drive would it be to Hilton or Waldorf?

Thanks!
I can answer the second part.

You can probably walk over there faster than you can drive. There’s a crosswalk between Wyndham and Hilton, across Chelonia Parkway. I’ve done this walk- super short and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter