The Void: Star Wars VR

I am planning to do this in September with DH and my sons who are 15 and 12. I can't decide if I should keep it a surprise or let them know in advance so they can look forward to it. I know a big part of my enjoyment of WDW trips is the anticipation. What should I do??? Tell or not?

My husband is a huge Star Wars fan, so I told him we are doing something special and have to leave AK by a certain time. It's building anticipation but I still get to see how surprised he is!

If our flight lands at 11:30 and we are taking ME to resort. Would it be safe to say my DH and boys could make a 3pm time for this attraction? or maybe 2pm? We would like to see the Star wars light show at HS on the same evening.

How far in advance should I get tickets for a specific time slot in September? I’m only worried about not leaving enough travel time to get to it from Hollywood Studios.

I might skip Fantasmic this trip to go do this.

How far in advance should I get tickets for a specific time slot in September? I’m only worried about not leaving enough travel time to get to it from Hollywood Studios.

I might skip Fantasmic this trip to go do this.
it doesn't seem like people are having issues getting time slots. It's a popular attraction but it isn't getting the typical hype of something new in disney.

So we did this on Tuesday, April 24th. We made a reservation online 1/2 hr before and had no trouble getting an available time that quickly.

My husband and son loved the experience and were amazed by it! I didn't have as good a time, unfortunately. I think there was something wrong with my headset. My view was blurry the entire time, and I ended up having to hold the visor on properly with one hand in order to keep it from falling down over my nose. The employee there assured me that the helmet was set to the tightest settings, yet it still felt too big. My 10 year old son, whose head is smaller than mine had no trouble however, which makes me think that I got a "bad" helmet. :worried: It made for a very distracting experience, and the blurriness made me feel very dizzy, so I had a hard time navigating.

I just did this on 4/27.

No reservation, just walked up (was close to opening though at 10:00 am).

I was alone and got grouped with a father and son pair, glad I was, group challenges were more fun and seeing a tiny 4 foot tall storm trooper was adorable.

I wear glasses and had no problem with the helmet or focus. Kid in our group complained about focus, technician adjusted his helmet and kid said everything went clear for him.

I am large, used the extender strap on my belly but was otherwise fine with the gear.

In the tech check area the father from the pair I got set up with was invisible. they tried tweaking some stuff on his gear but ultimately took us back to the fit out room and got him in another set. Second time through everything worked great.

This experience was just incredible. We have PSVR at home, but this was a whole nother level. I can't wait to go back with my kids and show this to them.

My DD (11) and DH did this on Wednesday evening 4/19. I did have reservations but don’t think you needed them. Many people were walking up. The employee said it was slow night. My DD and DH absolutely loved it! It was a highlight of our trip and we did lots of other things too. They had no equipment problems like others mentioned.

Can a reservation be cancelled easily and without penalty if you end up not being able to go? We'd like to do this experience, but I'm not sure when. We may have to just try and book it day of, unless there is a friendly cancellation policy.

A couple of weeks ago, we had reservations for 7:30pm....mid-afternoon I realized we needed some down time and that a later time would be better. I called the Atom ticket line, they verified that later slots were available and immediately cancelled/processed my refund for 7:30. I jumped on the website and reserved a new time slot for that night.

I’ve sent The Void an email and asked just that. The reply(last week) was that more dates would be opened in the next week or so.... so any time now.

I’m waiting for the August calendar to be released. I’ve checked random dates throughout July, and all have availability. Not one date, even around the holiday is sold out.

Just wondering if reservations are really necessary?

I’m waiting for the August calendar to be released. I’ve checked random dates throughout July, and all have availability. Not one date, even around the holiday is sold out.

Just wondering if reservations are really necessary?

In reality most of the time probably not, we went last Wednesday midday June 13th, and walked right in, worst case is you would have to wait 30 minutes or so. Night time and special events in might be necessary though

I’ve sent The Void an email and asked just that. The reply(last week) was that more dates would be opened in the next week or so.... so any time now.
Appreciate the feedback... I found it odd that the dates were missing... We are visiting Orlando in October and I NEED to do this again! I have done it once before (back in March of this year) and it was worth every penny. The group I am traveling with Oct. are Star Wars fanatics and have never experienced it before, I know they are going to love it and would be very disappointed if it was closing down and we wouldn't be able to experience it.

For those asking about reservations... Really didn't seem necessary because when we went, we basically were just thrown in line with the other walk ins. Literally didn't save us any time... My group and I were pretty upset about the whole situation (about 30-45 minutes in line behind people who didn't plan ahead, after a full day in the parks made us all a little on edge). Well making a long story short, we WERE upset until we went through the experience... Absolutely amazing and totally changed our perspective of the whole event. Even my parents who are not tech savvy and would never play a video game absolutely loved it and said it was the best thing we did the entire trip... So I would highly recommend to anyone, especially those that like Star Wars. Just be prepared to wait 15-30 minutes regardless (unless something has changed).

I'm stiiilllllll waiting...hoping they open them up soon. I did notice that the look of the website is different now where you pick your dates. Was hoping that this signaled them loading more dates...nope

For folks who sometimes wear glasses and sometimes wear contacts, I'd recommend wearing contacts to do the Void. I was wearing my glasses that day and as I moved around the helmet would sometimes push my glasses down a bit and I'd need to shift them back to see sharply again.

If anyone else is going with a kid just at or above the 48" height minimum, make sure they know the pack will be HEAVY. My son is 50" tall and there were only two sizes of equipment, Large and Medium, so he was wearing the same gear as 5'4" me. It was fine getting it cinched down to his size, and he says he saw perfectly through the helmet, but even with having been told the backpack was heavy I could see him kind of sag under it when he first put it on. But he LOVED the experience and begged to go again every day of our trip, so clearly it was worth hauling around that weight...

I've noticed that all times are always available online, even on the busiest days. I read somewhere that they sell tickets indiscriminately--buying a ticket for a particular time isn't actually reserving that time, and they don't limit the number of tickets sold for any given day or time, even though this is a very low capacity attraction. (The new reservation calendar now seems to suggest there are 10 tickets available for every 15 minute increment) So people show up thinking they have a ticket/reservation and can end up waiting a long time to actually get in, behind people who just walked up and bought a ticket. I don't understand the logic of selling "timed" tickets, where the time on the ticket is actually meaningless. Sounds like a recipe for disaster at a place as crowded as WDW, but maybe it just doesn't get that much business and so it rarely becomes a problem? Sounds like it has for some guests on this thread...

UPDATE JULY 18. Did this yesterday and we all absolutely loved it! We had to change our time because one of our kids was in urgent care with ear infection and they couldn't have been more accommodating. Having done this now and seen all the positive buzz I don't understand why they aren't overwhelmed with crowds and longer wait times. I predict they will build over time. I can see why people who have done it want to go again and again....

Last edited:
After reading various posts, I guess it is hard to say whether or not reservations should be considered a requirement....but my personality prefers to have a time slot booked.

in April, we arrived 1/2 hour early and, instead of checking us in, they told us that the queue was full and that we should come back at our reserved time. We did- at that time we checked in on the computer and were put in the "next to see the introduction video" holding area. We were there for maybe 5 minutes before continuing the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!