The Void: Star Wars VR

If you buy a specific time and then show up later or early, is that a problem? Like if I buy 3:30pm in advance but then show up at 4:30?

If you buy a specific time and then show up later or early, is that a problem? Like if I buy 3:30pm in advance but then show up at 4:30?

Not sure about later, I don't think it would be a problem as long as all the slots aren't booked.
We got there an hour early because it was our arrival day and things went quicker than planned and they got us in as soon as we got there because there was the availability.

I also should add. We really enjoyed it. It wasn't hold everything this is the best thing we have done. But it was fun and we all said we would do it again next trip if it is still there.
That being said I am claustrophobic. I had a hard time in the very beginning after putting the helmet on. There is a black screen with the logo on it. I was very claustrophobic until I wiggled the helmet enough that I could look down and see my feet and the floor. Once the scenery started and it was like you were in the ship it didn't bother me, it was just the beginning while they were getting my son's helmet fixed and setting the others up.

We have tickets for the end of September, my only worry is that if we walk around in this I might fall? Anybody who has done this, can you tell me if that is a likely possibility?

We have tickets for the end of September, my only worry is that if we walk around in this I might fall? Anybody who has done this, can you tell me if that is a likely possibility?

You will only fall to the floor if you do and there is a worker following you who would help you up.

We loved this!
We did it on our first day in Orlando and my 21 yo son still talks about it. We would do it again (maybe even if it does change to Wreck It Ralph) but we do love Star Wars.
We did buy advance tickets but still had to wait at least half an hour past our reservation time, and that was irritating, but still worth it- it is an amazing experience.

Was thinking of doing this with the wife on our trip in November, but not really sure on when to do it.
I have two "Disney Springs" days planned:

Either or arrival day (just not sure if the grandparents will be there yet to watch the kids)
or our "day off" - which was going to be spent at the pool and going to see Hoop de Doo, so trying to squeeze in a trip to Disney Springs in the early afternoon may be tough.

How early do you need to make reservations?
How long does the entire session take (from walking in .. to walking out)?

We didn’t see the need for a reservation. We walked up, paid and were told to come back in 15 mins to begin.

I was told the whole experience from start to finish is 45 mins.

One tip they do not mention, everyone in your group should select a DIFFERENT COLOR! This is how you identify each other. I was concerned at first since I did this with my son and wanted to be sure to see where he was at all times. Thankfully, he was the smallest stormtrooper in our group. Really adorable! I wish the photo had the suit on him!

We enjoyed it.

However, if you are claustrophobic I would not recommend it. There were several times when you’re in a simulated elevator. My husband is claustrophobic. At times, I lifted my helmet shield to see the “real” area we were in, just to see if my husband could do it. It’s set up like a maze of rooms. The wall dividers don’t reach the ceiling. The staff is amazing and has so much patience to answer any and all questions concerning the experience.

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere - can you purchase tickets to this with Disney gift cards?

How early do you need to make reservations?
How long does the entire session take (from walking in .. to walking out)?

All 20 slots are available today for nearly every 15-minute signup, so I don't think you have sign up too early. :goodvibes

There seems to have been plenty of availability ever since this opened up (unlike the Anaheim location which often has time slots completely filled).

A little off-topic, but I see that the attraction will also be opening in West Plano, Texas, on September 22, which will be a heck of a lot closer to us than Florida is, so we might just do this on a non-Disney trip.

When we did it in March, it took us a little less than an hour from start to finish (and they had to re-start our mission part-way through). I would plan an hour's time for it.

A little off-topic, but I see that the attraction will also be opening in West Plano, Texas, on September 22, which will be a heck of a lot closer to us than Florida is, so we might just do this on a non-Disney trip.

When we did it in March, it took us a little less than an hour from start to finish (and they had to re-start our mission part-way through). I would plan an hour's time for it.

Just check the experience at the other location. They told my husband there’s a Void location in NYC but never mentioned it’s only Ghostbusters.

Just check the experience at the other location. They told my husband there’s a Void location in NYC but never mentioned it’s only Ghostbusters.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just double-checked, and it IS for Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire. Still several time slots available for opening day on September 22.

We did this last month and it was pretty amazing. I am not a huge Star Wars fan but the experience was well worth it.

Has anyone done this solo? I almost did it last time but it seem very team/group ish and I didn't know if it would be worth it to do it solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter