The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

We just got our 240, won't be able to stay on our points until Dec 2018 and we're already thinking about adding on! I had a feeling we'd want more, but didn't realize it'd start this soon!
This is called pointittis and this never goes away no matter how many points u have.

I know self parking is free for DVC members, but is it just for one car? We will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit next month and will have cars, just wondering if I will have to pay for one of them to park?

Thanks

I know self parking is free for DVC members, but is it just for one car?...
Self-parking is free for guests staying on points, DCV membership is not required.
I think the limit is 2 cars, but can’t find official information on the DVC site (some pages are down at the moment). In practice, you should have no issues self parking multiple cars. All your room keys will have Self Parking printed on them, and the parking attendant only visually checks the keys. There is no system to track how many cars are from any particular reservation.

I know self parking is free for DVC members, but is it just for one car? We will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit next month and will have cars, just wondering if I will have to pay for one of them to park?

Thanks

As I recall it's up to 2 cars.

Thanks for the reply both of you! I am really excited to share the Christmas time at Disneyland with my cousins and our goddaughter this year. Still pinching myself that we were able to book our 2 bd at the 7 month mark for 5 nights. Now I am just hoping for a great view of PP. My wife an I have been multiple times and love the view of the park at night, and I really want to share that magic with our family!

We are new owners at VGC with a 100 point resale contract with full 2017 Sept points! We added 65 points at the Poly direct during our visit 3 weeks ago and are in the process of making our first reservation for May 2018 (we have 1 day in the middle of the trip wait listed). We've also wait listed President's weekend in Feb for our son's 10th birthday. We are realists and have a back up reservation for the Feb trip...We are waiting to book a studio for October 2018 as soon as they open up.

Quick question, and yes I know it's controversial, do you think we would need to walk an 11 month studio for October 2018 trip that includes Columbus day? I'm inclined to say no, but have never tried to get a popular Fall Break/Holiday reservation.

Thanks
Mike

We are new owners at VGC with a 100 point resale contract with full 2017 Sept points! We added 65 points at the Poly direct during our visit 3 weeks ago and are in the process of making our first reservation for May 2018 (we have 1 day in the middle of the trip wait listed). We've also wait listed President's weekend in Feb for our son's 10th birthday. We are realists and have a back up reservation for the Feb trip...We are waiting to book a studio for October 2018 as soon as they open up.

Quick question, and yes I know it's controversial, do you think we would need to walk an 11 month studio for October 2018 trip that includes Columbus day? I'm inclined to say no, but have never tried to get a popular Fall Break/Holiday reservation.

Thanks
Mike

Surprisingly, considering it's size, VGC really doesn't book up right at 8am at 11 months. During D23 it books up faster. And race weekends but those are on hiatus.

...Quick question, and yes I know it's controversial, do you think we would need to walk an 11 month studio for October 2018 trip that includes Columbus day?...
You should not have an issue on those dates. Gay Days is the same weekend, with discounted GCH rates -- which reduces VGC demand (by at least 1, me :goodvibes). We usually visit during Gay Days and have booked VGC several times, but it seems better to save points and pay cash for a discounted room (amazing that we consider $300/night a "good" rate).

We've managed to rent points for a VGC Studio stay 13th - 17th September 2018.
I really didn't expect to be able to get a villa, but the rental company we use for WDW trips came through for us, and the price was comparable to the room at the HoJo we had stayed in before.
So I'm enjoying reading through this thread and look forward to keeping up to date on VGC news and info!

You should not have an issue on those dates. Gay Days is the same weekend, with discounted GCH rates -- which reduces VGC demand (by at least 1, me :goodvibes). We usually visit during Gay Days and have booked VGC several times, but it seems better to save points and pay cash for a discounted room (amazing that we consider $300/night a "good" rate).

Thank you! We will likely want October 7-11th so we are going to reserve a studio. We would also consider the "discounted" rate and save the points. I know Gay Days is the weekend, but how long do they extend the discounted rate?

Yes, $300+ is discounted as we are seeing $500-600 night even with AP or PIN discounts! One of the main reasons we purchased VGC points!

Mike

We've managed to rent points for a VGC Studio stay 13th - 17th September 2018.
I really didn't expect to be able to get a villa, but the rental company we use for WDW trips came through for us, and the price was comparable to the room at the HoJo we had stayed in before.
So I'm enjoying reading through this thread and look forward to keeping up to date on VGC news and info!

Rental company had someone with VGC as their home. All of September is still available for a studio except September 2nd... Staying at the VGC is a game changer if you've stayed off property for the majority of your trips. You too may be looking for points on the resale market after this trip.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts