The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thank you again, Gina! You've been so helpful!
It looks like you had a top floor villa? (Skylight?) We generally like the top floors because we don't like foot noise above us. I'm guessing we can request that as well?
I will definitely contact Jennifer and request a premium. We like to have coffee on the balcony in the mornings. Fingers crossed that we get our request!

We did, indeed, have a top floor villa :thumbsup2. We LOVE having the skylight, as the vaulted ceilings make the living and dining room feel so much more spacious than the villas with the flat ceilings. Plus it's awesome to have all that Florida sunshine streaming in! And like you, we enjoy never hearing the pitter patter (or ridiculous stomping) of other guests above us. So we always request a top floor villa when we submit our pre-arrival requests to Jennifer, and we have yet to NOT be placed on the top floor. Definitely feel free to mention that when you also request a one bedroom premium, if available.

Our first stay at Vistana (Villages, not Resort) was through Air Canada Vacations, but there would be no issues with booking through Costco. They are a TICO agency, so your vacation has all the protections of any other travel agent, and Costco books a TON of travel. Yes, Costco rates are often outstanding.

The 60 day FP is extended to the Disney Springs area hotels only. This does not include SVR - it's close to Disney Springs, but not on Hotel Plaza. EMH is not available at any offsite resorts that I am aware of. Still, I generally avoid the EMH park each day like the plague. EMH attracts larger crowds to the park that is offering it that day, and the smart touring tip is to go to any other park. Unless you are travelling at Christmas, it is pretty easy to get most FP+ at 30 days; maybe not the prime times, but if you play it well, you can still have a power touring experience. We are March break travellers and got FP+ for everything we wanted but FoP this year, which had only been open for weeks.

As a good neighbor hotel, SVR does offer free shuttles to hotel stays (like the Costco booking), but your own vehicle is still highly recommended.

Hi, I posted over in the transportation thread asking about staying at Vistana (Cascades) without a car. The reply I received stated they never saw the shuttle for the entire week they were there. Do you have any information on the shuttle? Price, reliability, experiences, etc?

Also, I wanted to stock up the room with liquor, beer and food on the first day. I know there is a market at the resort. Is it much pricier than stores in the area? Is it possible to walk to supermarkets or a liquor store? Looking at GoogleMaps, it seems that everything is far away, as the resort is quite large. Thanks.

Hi, I posted over in the transportation thread asking about staying at Vistana (Cascades) without a car. The reply I received stated they never saw the shuttle for the entire week they were there. Do you have any information on the shuttle? Price, reliability, experiences, etc?

Also, I wanted to stock up the room with liquor, beer and food on the first day. I know there is a market at the resort. Is it much pricier than stores in the area? Is it possible to walk to supermarkets or a liquor store? Looking at GoogleMaps, it seems that everything is far away, as the resort is quite large. Thanks.

We frequently stay offsite and have never used the resort transportation shuttles to the parks. If you don't have a car, I would seriously consider renting one or using Uber or Lyft.

You are correct that the resort is large and spread out. We've stayed in the Fountains sections and I recall there *may* be a liquor store near the Walgreens by Meadow Creek Drive that could be walk-able if you're in the Fountains section. I never walked from Cascades to know how long it takes to get to Fountains.

Here are the items and prices for the room prestocking:
https://owner.vistana.com/services/genstore_categories.jsp?propertyId=01&shoppingTypeId=1

If you rent a car, Uber or Lyft you can place an order at Walmart on Vineland Road for pick up. I'm pretty sure they have wine and beer. You can go to the Walmart site and see the items and prices available also, for price comparison.

Hi everyone! New here, but we just booked our October 2018 trip to Disney! (YAY!!) This is our first time staying off Disney property, so we're pretty excited for the new experience. We chose the Vistana based on reviews and a friend's personal experience there. I did send an email today to request our 2 bedroom villa be in the Cascades or Fountains section, preferably pool view. We are traveling with 3 adults and 4 kiddos (ages 11, 8, 5 and 3). Any other helpful hints or advice for families?

We frequently stay offsite and have never used the resort transportation shuttles to the parks. If you don't have a car, I would seriously consider renting one or using Uber or Lyft.

You are correct that the resort is large and spread out. We've stayed in the Fountains sections and I recall there *may* be a liquor store near the Walgreens by Meadow Creek Drive that could be walk-able if you're in the Fountains section. I never walked from Cascades to know how long it takes to get to Fountains.

Here are the items and prices for the room prestocking:
https://owner.vistana.com/services/genstore_categories.jsp?propertyId=01&shoppingTypeId=1

If you rent a car, Uber or Lyft you can place an order at Walmart on Vineland Road for pick up. I'm pretty sure they have wine and beer. You can go to the Walmart site and see the items and prices available also, for price comparison.

Thanks for the response. It looks like the closest liquor store is 535 Liquor on Vineland Rd, under a 10 minute drive away. It is in the same lot as a Walmart and across the street from a Publix. We plan on using Ubers. I've been kicking the numbers around and it looks like Ubers will be cheaper than a rental car for the week. Plus, as a mid 30s couple with no kids, we will be drinking in the parks. So, driving isn't something we want to do.

Hi everyone! New here, but we just booked our October 2018 trip to Disney! (YAY!!) This is our first time staying off Disney property, so we're pretty excited for the new experience. We chose the Vistana based on reviews and a friend's personal experience there. I did send an email today to request our 2 bedroom villa be in the Cascades or Fountains section, preferably pool view. We are traveling with 3 adults and 4 kiddos (ages 11, 8, 5 and 3). Any other helpful hints or advice for families?

I'm far from an expert on the Vistana, only having stayed here this past May and staying again next month, but we were in the Fountains section in May and I remember the pool there being open until 1AM. We were in the building right behind the pool-front building so I don't know how much or if there is noise from the pool being open late. Just letting you know since you have younger kids.

I will also say that what surprised me was that the pool doesn't have pool toys/noodles/balls etc. for guests to use. They have a stand at the Fountains pool that sells them and most likely at the other pools also. You might want to make sure to bring pool toys for the kids or stop at Walmart when driving in to grab some.

@bankr63 and @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina are owners who are experts on everything Vistana and a wealth of information. I'm sure one or both by this thread.
Thanks for the response. It looks like the closest liquor store is 535 Liquor on Vineland Rd, under a 10 minute drive away. It is in the same lot as a Walmart and across the street from a Publix. We plan on using Ubers. I've been kicking the numbers around and it looks like Ubers will be cheaper than a rental car for the week. Plus, as a mid 30s couple with no kids, we will be drinking in the parks. So, driving isn't something we want to do.
Gotcha.
I know I've seen A LOT of Lyft cars outside the park gates taking passangers. I'm sure it has something to do with Disney having a contract with them for the Minnie Vans. Most people where I live use Uber.

My apologizes if this has already been answered. But does Sheraton Vistana have life jackets for children to use at their pools?
We only visited the Fountains pool and they had pool items for sale. I didn't see anything for resort guests to use. You may want to call the resort directly and ask.

Quick question..
I booked through Vacation Strategy and both the quote and the form I received after paying my deposit list "Sheraton Vistana 2 bedroom, Fountains Unit." So naturally I was assuming we booked a Fountains unit. Is that likely to change when we are actually placed? I'm not sure how it all works and if booking a certain section guarantees that area on check in.

Quick question..
I booked through Vacation Strategy and both the quote and the form I received after paying my deposit list "Sheraton Vistana 2 bedroom, Fountains Unit." So naturally I was assuming we booked a Fountains unit. Is that likely to change when we are actually placed? I'm not sure how it all works and if booking a certain section guarantees that area on check in.

It could change, yes. But you also are quite likely to receive a unit in Fountains. I'd suspect that you have a much greater chance of getting a Fountains unit than not, but depending on resort occupancy levels and other factors, they won't guarantee a specific section until check in.

If your preference IS for Fountains, then I would do Diamond Lane check in 2 weeks before your scheduled arrival date (or email Jennifer Bravo, the pre-arrival coordinator, with that specific request). Fountains is a large section of the resort that generally works with all check-in days, so I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating you :thumbsup2.

As you know, Fountains is my favorite area in the whole resort. I love, love, love the pool there!

31961006_10156731540771416_5904333495051747328_n.jpg

Sigh. Wish I was there right now :cloud9:.

32191366_10156735920756416_1175171964935864320_n.jpg

It could change, yes. But you also are quite likely to receive a unit in Fountains. I'd suspect that you have a much greater chance of getting a Fountains unit than not, but depending on resort occupancy levels and other factors, they won't guarantee a specific section until check in.

If your preference IS for Fountains, then I would do Diamond Lane check in 2 weeks before your scheduled arrival date (or email Jennifer Bravo, the pre-arrival coordinator, with that specific request). Fountains is a large section of the resort that generally works with all check-in days, so I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating you :thumbsup2.

As you know, Fountains is my favorite area in the whole resort. I love, love, love the pool there!

31961006_10156731540771416_5904333495051747328_n.jpg

Sigh. Wish I was there right now :cloud9:.

32191366_10156735920756416_1175171964935864320_n.jpg
Thank you Gina. I am hoping to be in Fountains this time so I will make sure to make requests through the proper channels when the time comes. We were in Cascades last time , and while we liked it, it will be nice to try another area. We didn’t even venture outside of Cascades , so there’s much to see ! Fountains looks beautiful !

Thank you Gina. I am hoping to be in Fountains this time so I will make sure to make requests through the proper channels when the time comes. We were in Cascades last time , and while we liked it, it will be nice to try another area. We didn’t even venture outside of Cascades , so there’s much to see ! Fountains looks beautiful !

Definitely a bit different feel. Being set apart from the Marketplace, mini golf, and other central features gives us a noticeably quieter vibe.

You'll also have a slightly larger villa in Fountains as their square footage is a a shade bigger than in Cascades. Just remember that there are no elevators in the Fountains units (not sure if that matters for you). For those that have a 3rd floor villa, however, the reward is a beautiful skylight with vaulted ceilings. For us, its worth walking up and down the stairs to have that super-spacious feel and all that glorious sunshine streaming in.

Another bonus of the Fountains villas over Cascades: you'll have both a front and rear entrance. So, if you are in a building that's fairly close to the pool, you may be able to go right out the rear of your villa and be literally steps from the pool entrance, rather than having to go out the front door and walk all the way around.

Definitely a bit different feel. Being set apart from the Marketplace, mini golf, and other central features gives us a noticeably quieter vibe.

You'll also have a slightly larger villa in Fountains as their square footage is a a shade bigger than in Cascades. Just remember that there are no elevators in the Fountains units (not sure if that matters for you). For those that have a 3rd floor villa, however, the reward is a beautiful skylight with vaulted ceilings. For us, its worth walking up and down the stairs to have that super-spacious feel and all that glorious sunshine streaming in.

Another bonus of the Fountains villas over Cascades: you'll have both a front and rear entrance. So, if you are in a building that's fairly close to the pool, you may be able to go right out the rear of your villa and be literally steps from the pool entrance, rather than having to go out the front door and walk all the way around.
That's neat about the two entrances. And I could definitely live with the 3rd floor walk up. It will be much needed exercise to combat all the vacation treats we consume!

Just back from a couple of weeks vacay (not Disney) and wanted to add a little to this.

Scroll back just a few(?) pages and you will find a scan of the schedule and prices sheet from Vistana, albeit a couple of years out of date now. I have certainly seen the shuttles at the pickup point at the correct hour; used to be at the main reception, then moved to the marketplace which is probably still where they pickup inside the resort. I agree with the general sentiment that the shuttles are not a very convenient or cost effective way of getting to and from the parks. Uber/Lyft are convenient options if you don't rent a car, but I would watch out for surge pricing if you are leaving right at park closing. I may just be scare mongering there as I haven't read any reports on this, but personally I would be cautious about it.

The Marketplace does charge a premium over supermarket prices for food, beer and wine; but it is convenient, and they have small sizes for travel (ex: hard to get a tiny package of Tide anywhere else if you don't bring your own). They stock only a very modest selection of beer and wine however. Liquor is only available from liquor stores in the area. We generally shop for groceries at the Publix on Vineland at I-Drive (good selection of beer and wine), and there is a convenient liquor shop Liquor 192 in the same building just around the right side of the building. There is also an ABC Liquor (larger selection) at the Winn-Dixie on 535/S Apopka Vineland. Checking google maps for the 535 Liquors mentioned above, I see that the brand new Publix at Sunrise City Plaza (across from Walmart) indicates there is Publix Liquors at that location. I have only shopped that Publix location once on our last trip (it was newly opened at the time) and didn't notice this however.

Just back from a couple of weeks vacay (not Disney) and wanted to add a little to this.

Scroll back just a few(?) pages and you will find a scan of the schedule and prices sheet from Vistana, albeit a couple of years out of date now. I have certainly seen the shuttles at the pickup point at the correct hour; used to be at the main reception, then moved to the marketplace which is probably still where they pickup inside the resort. I agree with the general sentiment that the shuttles are not a very convenient or cost effective way of getting to and from the parks. Uber/Lyft are convenient options if you don't rent a car, but I would watch out for surge pricing if you are leaving right at park closing. I may just be scare mongering there as I haven't read any reports on this, but personally I would be cautious about it.

The Marketplace does charge a premium over supermarket prices for food, beer and wine; but it is convenient, and they have small sizes for travel (ex: hard to get a tiny package of Tide anywhere else if you don't bring your own). They stock only a very modest selection of beer and wine however. Liquor is only available from liquor stores in the area. We generally shop for groceries at the Publix on Vineland at I-Drive (good selection of beer and wine), and there is a convenient liquor shop Liquor 192 in the same building just around the right side of the building. There is also an ABC Liquor (larger selection) at the Winn-Dixie on 535/S Apopka Vineland. Checking google maps for the 535 Liquors mentioned above, I see that the brand new Publix at Sunrise City Plaza (across from Walmart) indicates there is Publix Liquors at that location. I have only shopped that Publix location once on our last trip (it was newly opened at the time) and didn't notice this however.

Thanks. We will likely go to the new Publix with the Liquor store attached. I will check out the price of the small detergents before going.

Do you know of any sports bars in the area? The Sunday I am there will be a NFL Sunday and I was hoping to catch some of the Jets game. Have you been to the Hurricane Grill right next to the resort? I'll likely post this elsewhere on the board as well. Thanks again.

Thanks. We will likely go to the new Publix with the Liquor store attached. I will check out the price of the small detergents before going.

Do you know of any sports bars in the area? The Sunday I am there will be a NFL Sunday and I was hoping to catch some of the Jets game. Have you been to the Hurricane Grill right next to the resort? I'll likely post this elsewhere on the board as well. Thanks again.
Most of my TV watching gets curtailed when in Orlando, but I might suggest you just stop by Zimmie's at the resort. The seating is poolside, open air (covered) and there are 5 or 6 big screens covering all the major events. I suspect that the Taki Tiki bar on the other side of the resort has good sports watching as well. @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's guys are big sports fans too. She might offer a few other good options.

ETA: the wings are pretty good at Zimmie's and we really enjoyed the pot stickers if they are still on the menu. Prices are higher than a local sports bar, but not outrageous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter