The Running Thread - 2018

QOTD: Fall officially starts on Saturday! The end of the brutal summer runs should be coming to a end soon. Per your weather forecast, when (if it hasnt already happened) will you get some relief from the heat? What do you consider temp wise to be relief?

ATTQOTD: Per the weather channel I have another week or not so fun running weather. A bit cooler that it has been, but not by much. It looks like our first front will make its way to us around September 28 with lows for the next few days 60-65 range and highs 80-85 range. The most important part of this is, lower RH%!!!! I can not wait! I have a race in two weeks and I've fallen off the training wagon with work being crazy before Disney, being at Disney, and a bad case of the dont wants so far this week. Relief from the heat will be what they are forecasting, although I like it even colder. Speaking of cold, all the ole tales of things to look far indicate a very cold winter for Louisiana. Fingers crossed!

QOTD: Fall officially starts on Saturday! The end of the brutal summer runs should be coming to a end soon. Per your weather forecast, when (if it hasnt already happened) will you get some relief from the heat? What do you consider temp wise to be relief?
Well we are weird in WI and weather fluctuates so much. We have had fall like temperatures already but then we’ve also jumped right back up to hot and humid. It appears today might be the last day of that summer feeling for a while but who knows.

ATTQOTD: YES! The end of the forecast period shows high of 79 low of 59 with breezy conditions for me starting Sept 30th with low RH numbers. Nearly perfect running conditions for my usual run times (evenings around sunset).

Well we are weird in WI and weather fluctuates so much. We have had fall like temperatures already but then we’ve also jumped right back up to hot and humid. It appears today might be the last day of that summer feeling for a while but who knows.
This is Nebraska too so I'll just ditto this!

92 today, 66 tomorrow, 71 Sat, 77 Sunday, 79 Monday, then 60s after. But the we could easily go back up. Who knows indeed! Snow could be around the corner even.

ATTQOTD: I am convinced Spring and Fall no longer exist. In 2-3 weeks, I will be complaining how freakin' cold it is...

Last edited:

ATTQOTD: Today will be 92, but then it looks like we start getting 70's and 60's. I like low 70's better than mid or high 70's. So I at least see relief in my near future. We had a nice weekend few back that made me feel invincible for a long run and then a brutal day last weekend that about killed me and took me all day to recover from. I have the utmost respect for those in parts of the world where 70/60's are chilly. I can't imagine the summer many of you have had...mine really hasn't been all that bad considering what others go through!

ATTQOTD: See my previous post, lol! But it is supposed to get cooler starting Saturday with some rain and thunderstorms for a few days. Then some glorious highs in the 70's with humidity levels in the 60's and below. I haven't had a T+D<166 for what feels like months and mostly higher than that. Next week T+D is in the 140's and 130's. I am soooo happy, lol! Those are perfect fall running temps around these parts. :)

ATTQOTD: We are in the midst of a last minute heat wave currently, but Friday is supposed to bring a break in the weather. Once we start getting to highs in the low 70's or upper 60's I start considering that fall around here.

ATTQOTD: We have highs in the mid to upper 80s for the rest of the month, but it seems like the humidity is dropping. I actually enjoy humidity, but not the constant 90% plus we had all summer with highs in the upper 90s. I stood in the shade yesterday while my dogs were outside and it was quite chilly even though it was 86 at the time. So I think we're getting relief now; I know most people don't like temps in the 80s, but I'm all for it!

ATTQOTD: I live in northern Ohio about half a mile from the Lake Erie. This week we are mid to upper 80s with super high humidity. Next week the highs are around 55ish. Then it is heating up again. So I have no idea when it turns to fall. We've had years where it snows in October and is 80° two days later. I did run through some downed leaves this morning so maybe fall is on the way.

ATTQOTD: School is back in and it is tailgating season, so it is supposed to be fall. I will believe it when it is less than 95%RH at 6am. There was a lot of chafing last weekend, and I was also thinking of the discussion here (or marathon thread?) on strategically placed KT tape. Rain in the forecast for the next 10 days should mean an end to the 85* days, but I expect we will get one or two tossed into October which will make me want to keep the kids home from school and turn on the sprinkler to enjoy before slush season.

Fall doesn't usually show face here until November 1st. We will still be in the 100s for the rest of September and then finally drop down to the high 90s in the first week of October. Looks like I still have some pretty solid pool weekends ahead of me!

sept.JPG

and a bad case of the dont wants so far this week
You too, huh?? My case of the "don't wants" (which is THE perfect way to describe it) is sooooo bad this week. Ugh.

Now that the hurricane is gone and thankfully left us alone, we are in the last stretch of heat and humidity in Virginia.
I have spent a LOT of time on the treadmill this summer trying to avoid the rain or the heat.

We have another rainy weekend forecast (three in a row!) but temps look to finally being cooling into the 70s and 60s (!!!) by the end of next week.
Would love to do some running outside for a change.

ATTQOTD: I always hope it cools off in September but we don’t typically see cooler temps until October around here. Tears of joy will happen when I can wake up and run in 50-60 degree temps again.

This is Nebraska too so I'll just ditto this!

92 today, 66 tomorrow, 71 Sat, 77 Sunday, 79 Monday, then 60s after. But the we could easily go back up. Who knows indeed! Snow could be around the corner even.
^^ Double Ditto!

I’ve been in Georgia this week and it was so warm earlier in the week! Like feels like 107F hot. These poor people need a little fall!

A belated thanks to @huskies90 for the fun game! For the record, I just want to clarify that I thought one of the questions read “monorail coaster” not color! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!