The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, and while I don't know if this is 100% true, supposedly there was enough money left in the budget to either do Mythical Creatures Land or Dino Land and it was because they had the Dinosaur movie coming out they went with Dino Land
That's a new one for me.

I have to imagine Dino-land probably cost less too. The whole land as we know it today wasn't done until 2002/3 I believe either. They literally had large tents in this part of the park.

That's a new one for me.

I have to imagine Dino-land probably cost less too. The whole land as we know it today wasn't done until 2002/3 I believe either. They literally had large tents in this part of the park.

yeah, I am sure it was more than just the movie - but supposedly that was a (big) factor in which land got built

That's a new one for me.

That's the problem with the area outside of Dinosaur. Whether the main attraction is tied into an IP or not (of a movie that probably a lot of people don't remember (I barely do and I know I saw it)), it is neat. A cool concept, a thrilling ride .. and scary for some. (I made my wife sit on the outside knowing some of the scare moments would get her :)).

The area OUTSIDE that attraction feels "cheap". And that is probably why it was added there. It is the only thing in Disney World I feel at the same level as your local state fair.
I know the backstory, but whether on purpose or not -- it's theming makes it feel like they phoned it in and frankly DinoLand USA could disappear today and I don't know how many people would miss it.

So . .while Dinosaur itself would be missed, I think if they rethemed the whole area and Dinosaur had to be sacrificed to do it --- I think most people will be okay with that.

That's the problem with the area outside of Dinosaur. Whether the main attraction is tied into an IP or not (of a movie that probably a lot of people don't remember (I barely do and I know I saw it)), it is neat. A cool concept, a thrilling ride .. and scary for some. (I made my wife sit on the outside knowing some of the scare moments would get her :)).

The area OUTSIDE that attraction feels "cheap". And that is probably why it was added there. It is the only thing in Disney World I feel at the same level as your local state fair.
I know the backstory, but whether on purpose or not -- it's theming makes it feel like they phoned it in and frankly DinoLand USA could disappear today and I don't know how many people would miss it.

So . .while Dinosaur itself would be missed, I think if they rethemed the whole area and Dinosaur had to be sacrificed to do it --- I think most people will be okay with that.
they def need to house Dinosaur better I agree! Doesn't quite feel like a research institute. It's one of our favorite thrills though

As a family with young kids we love Dinoland but if they rethemed the whole area to something other than Indy, that fit better with AK, and still had a large play/dig area, rethemed dinosaur, and took out the carnival rides to replace with a plused attraction we would be pro the change. Right now... we are so not pro these rumors actually coming to fruition!

yeah, and while I don't know if this is 100% true, supposedly there was enough money left in the budget to either do Mythical Creatures Land or Dino Land and it was because they had the Dinosaur movie coming out they went with Dino Land
I have to say that featuring dinosaurs makes infinitely more sense to me than mythical creatures for an Animal Kingdom Park!

I won’t get into the whole avatar thing again, but that’s more than enough pretend stuff for me in this park.

I think Indy is a horrible idea for AK. Hope it doesn’t happen.

I will never stop comparing the DinoLand area to the Simpsons area at Universal. Both feel cheap, rushed, tacky, and as you said like a local state fair. I don't find carnival games acceptable in a THEME park only an amusement or thrill park. The only game thats make sense are those that are well themed for the area that are not just tacky. The other thing is Animal Kingdom is a beautiful an appealing park to look at until you get to that section, but I still would rather see an updated DinoLand to make it fit in better with Animal Kingdom than an Indy land.

I will never stop comparing the DinoLand area to the Simpsons area at Universal. Both feel cheap, rushed, tacky, and as you said like a local state fair. I don't find carnival games acceptable in a THEME park only an amusement or thrill park. The only game thats make sense are those that are well themed for the area that are not just tacky. The other thing is Animal Kingdom is a beautiful an appealing park to look at until you get to that section, but I still would rather see an updated DinoLand to make it fit in better with Animal Kingdom than an Indy land.
Right. I feel like a "Disney-fied" wooded walking touring featuring those dinosaur animatronics (where I've seen at all sorts of zoos, aquariums and amusement parks across the country for decades) would have been a better attraction than the cheesy pavement-filled area known as Chester's and Hester's Dinoland USA.

Ehh see a i would rather see something other then a DINOLand or a Indy Land. Disney has so many tools at its disposal and so much tech at hand, I feel Dinoland is just a over done idea, and although Indy is a fun IP they own its now a 30 year old Idea, give us something fresh and new.

Ehh see a i would rather see something other then a DINOLand or a Indy Land. Disney has so many tools at its disposal and so much tech at hand, I feel Dinoland is just a over done idea, and although Indy is a fun IP they own its now a 30 year old Idea, give us something fresh and new.

personally I would like to see them continue the them there and do another location based land - ideally South America or Australia which are both not (or at least under) represented in World Showcase and have wonderful scenery and animal life to pull from

Dinosaur is okay in my opinion but I’ve done Indy at DLR and do think it’s better. However we have skipped Dino the last few years so my DH has never done it and we won’t be back to AK until June 2019.

I’m ready for a new version of Illuminations but I wonder if they’ll have it ready by June.

Last edited:
Indy has ties to SEA, and I could see Disney doing a back story involving SEA and a dino relic or something. They could very easily tie this to Australia or South America since both have pretty large caches of dinosaur fossils.
Or they scrap the dinosaurs all together and have Indy on an artifact hunt in Australia or South America. It wouldn't be hugely different than a lot of the premise for Expedition Everest. They could retheme the land with animals from that area...I'd vote for Australia.

I would miss DinoLand USA. Most definitely.
We've spent a few sunsets there playing games and riding Primeval Whirl, taking pictures with Donald.

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan. I still remember watching Raiders of The Lost Ark in the theaters and developing one of my first crushes. To this day it's in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

But nope, leave Dinosaur. I love that ride.

New Illuminations is pushed up to Summer 2019.

I know it needs an update, that middle globe part is a bit boring and hard to see, and I’m sure they’ll design something great, but gosh this makes me sad. I just hope the announcer still blows out the torches in the beginning (silly but one of my favorite parts). And that they find a way to use the music somewhere else if not in the new show.

I know it needs an update, that middle globe part is a bit boring and hard to see, and I’m sure they’ll design something great, but gosh this makes me sad. I just hope the announcer still blows out the torches in the beginning (silly but one of my favorite parts). And that they find a way to use the music somewhere else if not in the new show.

Love the music. Hope it's somehow in the show at least partially.

Worst case my guess is it will play after when walking out of the park, kinda like Tapestry does now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter