The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one I could maybe tolerate is Anastasia. A lot of people have been mistaking it for a Disney movie since it came out, anyway.
:wave: Yeah...that was me too for a while--still enjoy that movie too

IDK why I thought it was a Disney film when I was a kid and a tad older but I was shocked one day when I found out it wasn't. I find it even more strange that I didn't realize it wasn't because:

1) I saw it in theaters as a kid
2) I've had the VHS since it came out so I should have been able to know when there's no Disney intro or nothing and the VHS cover had nothing about Disney, etc.

But alas I was lulled into thinking it was a Disney film :rotfl:

:wave: Yeah...that was me too for a while--still enjoy that movie too

IDK why I thought it was a Disney film when I was a kid and a tad older but I was shocked one day when I found out it wasn't. I find it even more strange that I didn't realize it wasn't because:

1) I saw it in theaters as a kid
2) I've had the VHS since it came out so I should have been able to know when there's no Disney intro or nothing and the VHS cover had nothing about Disney, etc.

But alas I was lulled into thinking it was a Disney film :rotfl:

Part of what gave me that impression (that it was Disney, though I'm pretty sure I always knew it wasn't Disney -- it's just very similar to a Disney film) is Angela Lansbury being in it. That make me think of Mrs. Potts, which definitely put Disney on my mind.

Part of what gave me that impression (that it was Disney, though I'm pretty sure I always knew it wasn't Disney -- it's just very similar to a Disney film) is Angela Lansbury being in it. That make me think of Mrs. Potts, which definitely put Disney on my mind.
Ohhh yeah that makes sense ::yes::

Okay want to get this back up on the first page....

Rumors for Epcot -
Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - Budget for Brazil Pavillion is big enough for 2 TSR and one "E" ticket ride - per all reports prior it was Pavillion only, no real discussion on any restaurants - so this is a huge plus if true - still not totally locked though
India - looks to be the next addition, but per Martin - it is a ways off - so I don't think this is on the clock for 40th for Epcot
Land - still expected to get updated film in circle of life theater
Gamma - is the supposed name for the front and spine redo for Epcot - but still not locked
SSE update - One site has it listed as part of Gamma -but per Martin they are not tied together. Again for clarity the long lead time for out of service(2+ years) is due to lack of space in ride, limited areas to remove cars inside and issues with in park traffic once ride is walled off.
GotG and Rat and Space restaurant and Gondola's are up and building

MK:
Tron is still land clearing by last photo's I have seen, also dates have been released for train and speedway down time due to tron construction - still to be confirmed is any update to speedway other than track tweek.
Jungle cruise - still hearing rumors it will get some kind of face lift - tied to movie or not, not confirmed yet

Wow, that is a big upgrade to Brazil - to do all that at once. Guess it makes sense as they make money of table service in EPCOT (gotta figure one would be a rather pricey Brazillian steakhouse type). Good to hear it will have an attraction - not sure it even needs to be an E-ticket one, but something to draw families in would be nice

So is it set that is the plan for SSE - that it would be the largest 2+ year version of an update? I'd rather them do that and do it right and have it be good for the next 20 years, but that is a long time. Any word on timing? I assume they would want at least one of Rat/Guardians up before they take that offline

Please no. It ain't broke -- don't fix it, Disney.

I am fearful of what this could be ... but if it is minimal impact (maybe just a reference to a scene in the movie or something ... and some new puns that relate to the movie) then I am ok with it.

If they take out the skippers driving the boat and changing up their jokes with like a video of the Rock, well then I might have to go chain myself to the dock until they change their mind

I am fearful of what this could be ... but if it is minimal impact (maybe just a reference to a scene in the movie or something ... and some new puns that relate to the movie) then I am ok with it.

If they take out the skippers driving the boat and changing up their jokes with like a video of the Rock, well then I might have to go chain myself to the dock until they change their mind
Let me know when -- we'll be there!

We were just talking yesterday about the INSANITY of ever even considering removing the skippers... if they have... the kind of change that would probably be received so badly they'd reverse out of it. Ugh.

Haven't seen any clues on what the refurb would be, if it is just refurb, or some tweeking. I have seen hints in a few places of removing the captains and going fully automated, not sure if they would have a tape talking or what...but it saves cost so who knows..

As for tied to movie, I would be somewhat shocked if the movie goes well that there wouldn't be some tie in, maybe not a complete revamp, but at least some acknowledges.

Again, nothing locked as far as I know

Haven't seen any clues on what the refurb would be, if it is just refurb, or some tweeking. I have seen hints in a few places of removing the captains and going fully automated, not sure if they would have a tape talking or what...but it saves cost so who knows..

As for tied to movie, I would be somewhat shocked if the movie goes well that there wouldn't be some tie in, maybe not a complete revamp, but at least some acknowledges.

Again, nothing locked as far as I know

makes me sad they are evening contemplating that - to me, that is the entire value of the ride. If you take that out and then just going by random scenes of fake animals (when you have the "real" safari in Animal Kingdom) seems like such a lesser ride and would change it from being literally my favorite ride in WDW to something I likely would never go on

Wow, that is a big upgrade to Brazil - to do all that at once. Guess it makes sense as they make money of table service in EPCOT (gotta figure one would be a rather pricey Brazillian steakhouse type). Good to hear it will have an attraction - not sure it even needs to be an E-ticket one, but something to draw families in would be nice

So is it set that is the plan for SSE - that it would be the largest 2+ year version of an update? I'd rather them do that and do it right and have it be good for the next 20 years, but that is a long time. Any word on timing? I assume they would want at least one of Rat/Guardians up before they take that offline
Well, lets see if it IS a go, and IS an "E" ticket...costs have really gone up and what did buy and "E" ticket might just be a D or C now ;)

as for SSE - I am pretty sure most feel the longer upgrade is the one being done, no confirmation on what changes will take place, but I do remember Martin stating at one time a new ride system could be installed. Keep in mind, I have to believe, this is just my opinion, they want this done, and opened in time for Epcot's 40th, it is the key ride in the park...and having an anniversary with this in construction would be really tacky.

Jungle cruise - still hearing rumors it will get some kind of face lift - tied to movie or not, not confirmed yet

If they do automate the boats/captains, they may as well just get rid of the whole attraction. Who knows what Imagineering can come up with.

Nostalgia aside .. like the Tomorrowland Speedway .. it is a VERY dated attraction in today's world. Sure .. I am sure little kids love it, but anyone older than 6 going on it for the first time probably find it boring as heck. No speed, no thrills, no catchy tune, nothing to interact with .. and no real animals. I mean .. if you've just come from the Animal Kingdom Safari you have to think .. "what was that about?"

If they do automate the boats/captains, they may as well just get rid of the whole attraction. Who knows what Imagineering can come up with.

Nostalgia aside .. like the Tomorrowland Speedway .. it is a VERY dated attraction in today's world. Sure .. I am sure little kids love it, but anyone older than 6 going on it for the first time probably find it boring as heck. No speed, no thrills, no catchy tune, nothing to interact with .. and no real animals. I mean .. if you've just come from the Animal Kingdom Safari you have to think .. "what was that about?"

agreed - but the one big difference between the speedway and the jungle cruise IS the skippers (ok, obviously more differences, but I think you know what I mean)

Everyone in our family -- from 12yo up -- love the corny jokes and seeing the different spins the various skippers put on them. Now, we've all been riding it forever, so I'm sure there's the nostalgia factor that a newcomer won't have. I still think the corny jokes and skipper performances are a fun/unique aspect. Taking them away, then I'd agree -- it's pretty out of date and uneventful compared to AK offerings or coasters.

Meh, not sure I totally agree with this. I DO agree that the boat captains really make this ride fun, but then again, I have had some iffy boat captains, and still love the ride. IF they automate, and allow for some random change in jokes by the ...automated(??) captain, it could still be fun. Depending on if they can also react to the crowd in the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter