The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be honest, just got on and have not read through - but per WDWMagic.com - there is a post about an announcement coming tomorrow for Disney on a couple of attractions - and focused on EPCOT adds - lead vote getter is finally announcing Poppins and Brazil. Some still think Imagination.

Martin says one will be very popular, another will have folks split...so who knows. But be watching for news tomorrow around noonish.

Will be honest, just got on and have not read through - but per WDWMagic.com - there is a post about an announcement coming tomorrow for Disney on a couple of attractions - and focused on EPCOT adds - lead vote getter is finally announcing Poppins and Brazil. Some still think Imagination.

Martin says one will be very popular, another will have folks split...so who knows. But be watching for news tomorrow around noonish.
Noon? Panel starts 9AM EST.

last thing I saw was between 9 and noon but no time listed for the announcement
Things will be announced at the panel. They likely will be on the DPB soon after that. It concludes at 12 so we should know things before that. Media and guests should be allowed to have phones and what not as they are at the D23 Expo parks panel.

well, not much ride-ish ... quite a bit about the new night time show for EPCOT (temporary one in Fall of 2019, full replacement in 2020)

honestly was hoping for more EPCOT news today - a lot of news came out, but not as much for EPCOT as I was hoping

well, not much ride-ish ... quite a bit about the new night time show for EPCOT (temporary one in Fall of 2019, full replacement in 2020)

honestly was hoping for more EPCOT news today - a lot of news came out, but not as much for EPCOT as I was hoping
I don’t feel like a lot came out other than what we already knew besides names. I was hoping for a big surprise or confirmation.

Wanted to throw out some quick discussions that have happened recently...

Per multiple insiders - there are still additions coming to WDW post the 50th anniversary for DHS and EPCOT, nothing for next decade(of any real substance for MK), maybe for AK.

Some of the key talks:
Expectations are that all the shows in DHS will be updated or released - one MAJOR new topic is not all shows will be replaced WITH shows, so a ride may take over an area instead - one rumor flying is replacing BatB theater with a ride as there is space there to do so. Nothing to my knowledge is greenlit, but plans are moving and shows will be changed in the next few years.

As for Epcot - nothing is really being discussed - as far as I know plans still exist to :
1) add at least one new Pavilion in WE - long term may be 2
2) UK ride - still not known for sure if dark ride or spinner
3) updates to land and sea
4) update to SSE
5) still SOME Rumors of Imagination getting reworked eventually - but this keeps getting moved down the list...
6) still a plan to redo the spine and entrance of Epcot.

It's interesting how Disney seems "down" on shows or at least are prioritizing rides vs shows (potential replacement of one at DHS, not going forward with the MK Theater, similar thought on no night time parade or parades at other parks, etc.) ... but shows can be crowd eaters so just wondering what that is based on

It's interesting how Disney seems "down" on shows or at least are prioritizing rides vs shows (potential replacement of one at DHS, not going forward with the MK Theater, similar thought on no night time parade or parades at other parks, etc.) ... but shows can be crowd eaters so just wondering what that is based on

I think it would be because a show is something people will do maybe once per trip....or skip some trips....while a ride people may want to do multiple times per day/trip.

I think it would be because a show is something people will do maybe once per trip....or skip some trips....while a ride people may want to do multiple times per day/trip.

that's true I guess, though I think there aren't many rides we do more than once a trip (and some are rides I know other people skip - like Living with the Land)

One could argue a live show has more rewatchability/rerideability as it technically can be slightly different every performance (I do know some people that are really into performance theater, etc. that will go to some shows like 10 times each trip)

prioritizing rides vs shows
As pointed out before, I think this is the distinguishing feature between Six Flags, Universal and Disney. We never miss a chance to see BatB and Nemo shows when we go to WDW. I get that both Uni and Disney are going all-in on immersion. But, the shows do eat crowds and the ones we've attended have been first class. Would like to see more of them.

My guess is that it's becuase shows are so much more labor intensive than rides. And probably more expensive labor at that.
As pointed out before, I think this is the distinguishing feature between Six Flags, Universal and Disney. We never miss a chance to see BatB and Nemo shows when we go to WDW. I get that both Uni and Disney are going all-in on immersion. But, the shows do eat crowds and the ones we've attended have been first class. Would like to see more of them.
Absolutely! I put up with a lot of disappointments from Disney, but cutting back too much on shows is the one I wouldn't be able to get past.

Not sure they are down on them, I think this may be more of the fact they realize they are WAAAYYYY behind on upkeep on current rides and desperately need new rides to keep fans coming.

By all reports, there are still plans to update shows at DHS, and not sure the ride is approved yet....

but I agree with you, more shows are crowd eaters, and only help reduce waits on rides.

that's true I guess, though I think there aren't many rides we do more than once a trip (and some are rides I know other people skip - like Living with the Land)

One could argue a live show has more rewatchability/rerideability as it technically can be slightly different every performance (I do know some people that are really into performance theater, etc. that will go to some shows like 10 times each trip)

I’m sure some fit in the category of watching shows multiple times per trip. In 14ish years, we’ve seen most shows ONCE maybe TWICE each. That’s it. We’ll ride RnRC, ToT, HM, Space mtn, Thunder Mtn, Everest, FoP, etc. MANY times per trip.

Just a guess on my part, but I’d suspect more guests are like us than like those who repeat shows in a trip.

All that said, I am a HUGE fan of the shows as they take people away from what we want to do! :) That, and although they’re not our cup of tea, I recognize that there is something quintessentially Disney about the shows and do want to see them invest in them.

I just think that they have time to make up for wrt attractions and so they are catching up some.

The ONE SHOW that we did once or twice every trip was Flights of Wonder. Now they’ve killed that one and we will NEVER do it again unless they go back to the drawing board or back to the original.

Change in plans for UK ride in Epcot??? - per insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - Brave MAY be back on the block as the option for UK, and that he stated Poppins wasn't talked about as a favorite - this is new news, as he had said in the past he thought Brave was off the table ....

Change in plans for UK ride in Epcot??? - per insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - Brave MAY be back on the block as the option for UK, and that he stated Poppins wasn't talked about as a favorite - this is new news, as he had said in the past he thought Brave was off the table ....
Martin reclarified, he is NOT saying Brave is back in front, he clarified that Mary Poppins was a topic for IP to be used, but no where near locked into.

I am really starting to wonder if this will happen, as they are really dragging their feet on a decision of even the IP for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter