*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Today was a total bust...I am just now getting out of bed. Went to bed around 11pm last night. DH and I are still sick.
I cancelled our dinner res, and am hoping the meds kick in soon so we can go to Disney After Hours tonight. I am just miserable :(

I’m so sorry!!!! :(. Hope the meds help!

Oh my gosh—we’re doing the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour this morning and just got done going backstage at the Haunted Mansion. So cool!!!! Got to see how they do the ballroom scene. The tour is worth it for that alone :)
Yes! And now every time we ride HM and pass through the ballroom that's all I think about :goodvibes So interesting!

Today was a total bust...I am just now getting out of bed. Went to bed around 11pm last night. DH and I are still sick.
I cancelled our dinner res, and am hoping the meds kick in soon so we can go to Disney After Hours tonight. I am just miserable :(
OMG I hope you made it out tonight, and fingers crossed for a better tomorrow :hug:

Yesterday was MK day for us. It was great! The crowds were very tolerable. Able to walk on or have a very short wait on many rides. This was in the more long and early afternoon so going to RD paid off.
It was hot but either we are acclimating better or able to get into AC often enough.
Very fun day!!! :flower1:

Nothing like having to get a filling in your tooth the day before you go..sigh.

At the airport looking out the window at my plane. Hope it means no delays. I had to take a few things out of suitcase and pack in carry bag that was also in suitcase. I thought I would. I have a carry on bag packed in my big suitcase so I would have something else to put the stuff I buy in to take home. Am so happy this morning. :cloud9:

It is time to break out the "Theme Park Load". Everything I need for a day of fun in the parks.

full

It is time to break out the "Theme Park Load". Everything I need for a day of fun in the parks.

full

Actually ended up loving the Fuelrod. Yes, there are more powerful cheaper options but non with vending machines dropping charged ones. Right size, too. Can get hot while charging beware.

We got home yesterday. Fabulous trip. Absolutely loved our first adults-only trip, and first Deluxe stay. Already have our next resort in mind to try out. Already thinking about when we can go back, which will likely be after Galaxy's Edge opens.

This was NOT our first time to go in September. However, it was definitely not that hot last time we were there. I found out that Thursday (our last park day) was the hottest day of the summer in central FL. Go figure. I honestly felt gross and sticky most of the time, and it made it difficult to enjoy eating at our favorite places when we felt that nasty and heat-sapped. The up side is that we did really great on the food budget. Ha!

We found wait times to be really manageable, and the only things that would've been deterrents, we had FP for - 7DMT, Space, Slinky, Rockin', FOP. I agree with someone else earlier, however, that wait times could've been a lot less for most of those E-ticket rides because they definitely were not running at full capacity... maybe not even half. A 20-minute wait is fine - which is what many rides were... or less. The E-tickets could've been less. IMO, when Mermaid, Dumbo, Buzz, Pirates, & Small World are all literally walk-on - 10 minutes, there's no reason for PP, 7DMT, and Space to be 45, 70, and 35 respectively.

We did the KTTK tour and absolutely loved it. Definitely one of the coolest things we've done at Disney. I've promised DS11 I will take him when he turns 16... which means I'll "have" to do it again. I'll probably have to make the same promise to DD7... darn! ;)

Still trying to adjust back to reality. I don't want to.

I’m packing!! This is so exciting guys! Last night I went and finally got my luggage from storage, cleaned and now I’m putting the very first clothes away! Ears are stored on my carry on, extra batteries and power bank are full and ready to go! Is it Tuesday yet?

We did the KTTK tour and absolutely loved it. Definitely one of the coolest things we've done at Disney. I've promised DS11 I will take him when he turns 16... which means I'll "have" to do it again. I'll probably have to make the same promise to DD7... darn! ;)

Still trying to adjust back to reality. I don't want to.

We got back last night. Did KTTK on Thursday with Mollie our guide. It was fun! We really enjoyed doing the utilitidor.

We’ve been in Sept. three times and this was by far the hottest. Monday at DHS was the first time I’ve ever thrown in the towel because of the heat - too hot to enjoy being there. We got to go back to pass holder playtime Wednesday morning and that was awesome! Rode Slinky 4x in a row!

We’re taking a down day today and it’s back to work tomorrow.

Is it just me, or does it actually NOT seem that hot? It's rained a bit today so it's been humid, but it doesn't seem as hot as I remembered last year.

We got back last night. Did KTTK on Thursday with Mollie our guide. It was fun! We really enjoyed doing the utilitidor.

We’ve been in Sept. three times and this was by far the hottest. Monday at DHS was the first time I’ve ever thrown in the towel because of the heat - too hot to enjoy being there. We got to go back to pass holder playtime Wednesday morning and that was awesome! Rode Slinky 4x in a row!

We’re taking a down day today and it’s back to work tomorrow.

We were doing our KTTK on Monday morning. I would agree that DHS seemed like the hottest park this time (we were there Tuesday), quite possibly due to the lack of shade. There are just so few places to get out of the sun, and almost ZERO shade in TSL. We actually rode TSM just so we could stand in the air conditioned line while we waited for our SDD FP time. It's brutal when those lines are outside. They just can't put enough fans in, especially when some of it is in the sun no matter what you do.

On Thursday, I was "that girl" and carried an umbrella to keep the sun off of me. I just could not have the sun beating down on me all day long... again.

Is it just me, or does it actually NOT seem that hot? It's rained a bit today so it's been humid, but it doesn't seem as hot as I remembered last year.

I think you guys are getting a break now. It hardly rained on us at all while we were there. Wednesday evening a large rain shower rolled through and that was the first evening it was actually comfortable. Thursday was the hottest day of the summer, according to a Tampa news station. I hope it's cooler for you guys than it was for us. It was brutal. DH wants to go back again in Sept, but this trip almost broke me. We're from TN and used to heat and humidity - it's not uncommon for us to have heat indexes at/around 100 throughout the summer. But heat index of 105 when you're in the park all day is awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!