***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We have our first stay in anything larger than a studio at AKV coming up soon. I usually book the one bedroom units over at VWL. Silly to say, I'm kind of nervous/excited. Don't know what to do with all that room. Thankfully I have 4 young adults accompanying me to help fill the space :D
You'll love it!!! I wish I could book 1 bdrm all the time. The hang up is, we like monorail resorts and we usually have 5 people! If we didn't bring my mom we'd stay a value 1 bdrm when possible.

New members! Passed ROFR last week, now waiting for closing docs! We've rented points and stayed at BCV but not AKV yet. Definitely a big trip Feb 2019. Considering split stay between AKV & WLV or BWV, depending on 7 month availability for those!

I am still missing one night out of the week in October 2018 reservation. Hopefully there will be a match.

Hi all! Is there a thread that shows specific room with their views?

No, not really for AKV. It's just the odd post here and there with pictures. DVCnews.com has some room views on it. And I'm sure touringplans.com has some too under their room finder.

Couple of questions, sorry if they have been answered upthread! I tried to scan and see but there is a lot of info in the 136 pages!

Does anyone know the breakdown of savanna vs pool views for club level studios? We rented points and had a lovely savannah view studio Dec 2015 but our next trip we are looking at moving to club level. DH would be pretty disappointed with a pool view (even with club) so I am trying to figure out if it is worth the risk getting a pool view.

As well, does the Kilimanjaro Club have a view of the animals? I think he might be okay with a pool view if he can sit in the club and watch the animals.

Lastly, how insane are we for trying to rent points for the end of August 2018? We had originally planned on taking 2018 off from Disney but then again, we had planned on not going back to DL after our April trip this year and you can see from my signature how well that turned out! :rotfl:

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Couple of questions, sorry if they have been answered upthread! I tried to scan and see but there is a lot of info in the 136 pages!

Does anyone know the breakdown of savanna vs pool views for club level studios? We rented points and had a lovely savannah view studio Dec 2015 but our next trip we are looking at moving to club level. DH would be pretty disappointed with a pool view (even with club) so I am trying to figure out if it is worth the risk getting a pool view.

As well, does the Kilimanjaro Club have a view of the animals? I think he might be okay with a pool view if he can sit in the club and watch the animals.

Lastly, how insane are we for trying to rent points for the end of August 2018? We had originally planned on taking 2018 off from Disney but then again, we had planned on not going back to DL after our April trip this year and you can see from my signature how well that turned out! :rotfl:

Club level (dvc) rooms really aren't known for their views. The benefit has more to do with the services than location (Daily housekeeping, nibbles etc). Every time I've booked a concierge room I end up canceling and changing my reservation to a true savanna view room. A far better deal for me in that I don't need the daily service and bring in my own food items due to allergies.

The Club area has no view other than that of the lobby. The lobby, however has a few locations from which to see animals as well as the walkway outside beyond the large glass windows.

There are five 2BR lockoffs, three face an alcove of the Sunset Savanna, the other two face the pool. A lockoff can be broken up into a 1BR and a studio so there are at most five Club Level studios if no one books a 2BR, otherwise every 2BR booked takes one studio out of the allocation. The studios book very quickly, within minutes (seconds?) of the 11-month window opening.

Unfortunately there is no view whatsoever of the animals from the lounge. The lounge does have a nice view of the lobby below so it's great for people wathcing but there is no view of a savanna other than a tiny bit of the Arusha Rock area, across the lobby and through a large window. Even the three studios that face Sunset have a limited view because they are at the bottom of an alcove. You will see some animals because they have a feeder area there to draw them in but you are only able to see a small piece of Sunset and your view beyond what's immediately below is blocked by the tree tops since you are on the 6th floor.

For a trip in August 2018, I suspect you are too late for a Club Level studio. They were probably all booked as soon as the booking window opened back in September.

Last edited:
For a trip in August 2018, I suspect you are too late for a Club Level studio. They were probably all booked as soon as the booking window opened back in September.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, there is zero studio availability for August or September 2018...

Don't book Club level if the view is that important. We've been assigned the pool view more than the savannah view and it's 2 pool view studios vs 3 savannah view studios.

But, as mentioned, it's too late to book August 2018 Concierge level. Those have been gone since the 11 month booking window.

AKV in general is pretty easy to get except for value villas which are tough to get and concierge villas which are really tough verging on impossible to get even for owners at 11 months except for the odd day here and there. OP if you want CL in the future make arrangements w/ an AKV owner before 11 months, so your point owner can be online the minute reservations open up to increase your chances. A 1 br. late August should be easier than say a studio the first 2 weeks of Dec. :)

Thank you everyone! Since there are no studios for August, I think we will move the trip to Dec and try for a savanna studio.

Thank you everyone! Since there are no studios for August, I think we will move the trip to Dec and try for a savanna studio.

There are going to be plenty of studios at AKV for August, just not Concierge level as there are a total of 5 and they book immediately.

There are going to be plenty of studios at AKV for August, just not Concierge level as there are a total of 5 and they book immediately.

Oh? I thought someone upthread posted that there were no studios at all for Aug or Sept?

Another (hopefully not too annoying!) question. Savanna view studios...what kind of room config is available? 2 Q? 1 K + daybed? 1 Q + bunk? If all of the above, does anyone know how many of each? Our little family is the three of us but my sister in law may join if we go in December. If she comes along, having the bunk bed would make life easier for sure!

Thanks!

Oh? I thought someone upthread posted that there were no studios at all for Aug or Sept?

Another (hopefully not too annoying!) question. Savanna view studios...what kind of room config is available? 2 Q? 1 K + daybed? 1 Q + bunk? If all of the above, does anyone know how many of each? Our little family is the three of us but my sister in law may join if we go in December. If she comes along, having the bunk bed would make life easier for sure!

Thanks!

Sorry it was confusing - we all were just saying that there would be no Concierge studios. Those need to be booked 11 months out. But AKV is a large resort and it will have availability for both standard and savannah view studios for Aug or Sept.

For DVC villas the only configuration at AKV is a queen bed + double sleeper sofa in a studio. If you want any of the other layouts you would need to book a regular hotel room.

Sorry it was confusing - we all were just saying that there would be no Concierge studios. Those need to be booked 11 months out. But AKV is a large resort and it will have availability for both standard and savannah view studios for Aug or Sept.

For DVC villas the only configuration at AKV is a queen bed + double sleeper sofa in a studio. If you want any of the other layouts you would need to book a regular hotel room.

Thanks for all the clarification! That clears up just about every question I had! :)

Thanks!
Have you considered a 1 br.? There's the king bed in the bedroom & the sleeper sofa + sleeper chair in the living room area of the standard & savanna view villas.

Have you considered a 1 br.? There's the king bed in the bedroom & the sleeper sofa + sleeper chair in the living room area of the standard & savanna view villas.

If my SIL joins us we may look at a 1br but given the doubling in cost between a studio and 1br coupled with our lousy Canadian exchange, I'm not sure if it would be worth the upgrade. :(

I am using my AKV dvc for the first time March 2018 for spring break.. I am so excited. We are taking a friend and her family with us, her two kids have not been yet, so we are doing princess stuff for 5 year old and star wars stuff for the 8 year old... my 9 yr old is so happy to have some kids to hang with... should be a great time. We are getting the dining plan so have great meals planned etc. Can't wait!! Any tips for us?

I am using my AKV dvc for the first time March 2018 for spring break.. I am so excited. We are taking a friend and her family with us, her two kids have not been yet, so we are doing princess stuff for 5 year old and star wars stuff for the 8 year old... my 9 yr old is so happy to have some kids to hang with... should be a great time. We are getting the dining plan so have great meals planned etc. Can't wait!! Any tips for us?
Congrats and have a blast! We’re doing the same in April. Taking my sister, BIL and two nephews 11 and 9 for their first trip to the world. It’s such a great feeling to be able to share this experience with them! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!