The not so solo, solo trip - planning stage

mizg21077

Earning My Ears
Well this is my first attempt at a trip report, but I love reading them so I thought I'd give it a try myself.

The Background Info:
Im a 33 year old Jersey shore girl, no I'm not tan and I don't have big hair. The idea for this trip started a few months back when I was on the phone with my friend and she mentioned that she was going to Disney with her 7 year old son and boyfriend around the end of July, so there I was thinking well since I have to plan a summer vacation might as well go to Disney, yes I know I was just there in October but hey I can go twice in a 12 month span can't I...of course I can...don't be silly Cece. So the Disney seed was planted and taking root. My family has DVC so my room was book with a simple phone call to member services and there I was booked for a studio at OKW my favorite resort. Yeah Disney here I come :yay: Ok so this actually happens to be a top secret vacation because I really wanted to go solo...I haven't gone solo since like 2004 so was looking foward to some alone time but alas my mom let the secret out and my sister invited herself on my solo vacation...oh well I'm still going to Disney and I made it clear that I would be doing some things alone and that I would be meeting up with my friend and her family for some of the days activities as well.

So the planning begins for my not so solo, solo trip.....
Next Installment...The Vacation Nazi...that's me....plans her own trip...with a few other people.:rolleyes:

So a week or so goes by and I get the confirmation from DVC and low and behold my reservation has been modified, so I'm now staying at Saratoga and although it's not my favorite resort I like it just fine and really its Disney so whats to complain about.

So now I begin the planning....what will I do, when will I meet up with my friend, what does she have planned for me and so on. At this point I'm still going alone my sister has yet to decide if she can come with me or if she does come that she might join me later in the week. I'm resolved to accept this because I wont let it ruin my vacation. I have a top secret meeting with my friend, since to this day her boyfriend or son still have no idea I'll be down the same week and actually her son has no idea that they are going to Disney at all. Its all a big Birthday Surprise for him (his birthday is the week before our trip).

So here is the plan we come up with for the days we will be there together:

Wednesday: Meet at Downtown to watch my freinds son so her and her boyfriend can have a relaxing dinner (they will be driving from Jersey so they will need it). Taking GeorgeKyle to Lego store and perhaps on Character in Flight.

Thursday: Donalds Breakfastsorus at the Animal Park and then of course The Animal Park....Dinosaur, Everest, The Safari and so on. This is one of my favorite parks and GeorgeKyle's too (he is 7) and loves animals and Dinosaurs so we will both have a good time.

~Little side note I have never been to Disney with a child before so this will all be a new experiance for me and one I'm sure I will enjoy.~

Friday: Magic Kingdom, now I generally tend to avoid this park I know crazy but I always had felt that in the summer it is to crowded for me to truly enjoy. But since I'm going with a child I will enjoy it for him. I will also go on rides his mom and dad wont. Then we will be having dinner at Wilderness Lodge at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. This was one of my recomendations so I will enjoy it thank you very much. I also love the wilderness lodge so it will be great to show them one of my favorite resorts and the joy of being a DVC member and staying on property.

Saturday: My freiend Darcy and I will be doing some shopping at Downtown together just us girls since this is my last day in Disney and our last day together.

Now I have some other plans that are in the works for the frist half of the week but I have yet to etch them in stone. They will hopefully all be worked out soon.

As of right now I have

Sunday: Arrive in Disney around 3:00pm and check in grab park tickets and go to MGM (sorry Hollywood Studios) and then dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In (reservations set for 8:30)

Monday: Spa Day at Saratoga then dinner at Sanaa in the Animal Lodge (reservations set for 8:30)

Tuesday: No plans as of yet

Wednesday: No plans as of yet

Well in the weeks to come hopefully I will continue to plan away...I like to have control of my vacations. I have a feeling thats why every body invites themselves alone with me because then they dont have to do anything..oh well.

So I have about 2 months to continue the plans wish me luck.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter