• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DVC/Resort I'd like to see

Mississippian

DIS Veteran
I recently returned from a vacation to Germany where I visited Phantasialand, an amusement park just outside Cologne. I stayed in the Chinese-themed hotel, which was perfectly themed.

While many European hotels are dreadful, this hotel offered luxury rooms with bunk beds for the children. The rooms were small, about the size of the French Quarter, but they were nice. And the hotel was just really nice.

The kicker was that when we wanted to enter the park we walked through a small garden and through a turnstile and we were in the park. It was great. What I want to know is why can't Disney do this? Forget just being "close" to EPCOT when staying at BCV, why not have a resort just right on top of EPCOT so we can just walk right into the park in one minute, not 10. I refuse to believe this can't be done.

Well, I guess their must be some concerns about that. Otherwise they would have done that.

I have visited an indoor waterpark where there were 3 hotels connected to it & you just went down a hallway in your hotel to the indoor waterpark. It was really cool.

Forget just being "close" to EPCOT when staying at BCV, why not have a resort just right on top of EPCOT so we can just walk right into the park in one minute, not 10. I refuse to believe this can't be done.

Actually, at Disneyland (Grand Californian), Disneyland Paris (Disneyland Hotel), and Toyko DisneySea (MiraCosta), there are hotels that are integrated with the park with their own park entrances, so this is not a wholly unknown idea within the Disney family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter