The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

The Super Bowl last night was boring. Well, maybe not if you're a defensive minded kinda guy I suppose.

I mainly watched for the previews. Short Captain Marvel, very short Avenger's clip, and then at very end a very short Toy Story clip as well.

Commercials not as good as I remember them being. Think funniest one was the Amazon commercial with failed ideas like Harrison Ford's dog ordering dogfood.

The Super Bowl last night was boring. Well, maybe not if you're a defensive minded kinda guy I suppose.

I mainly watched for the previews. Short Captain Marvel, very short Avenger's clip, and then at very end a very short Toy Story clip as well.

Commercials not as good as I remember them being. Think funniest one was the Amazon commercial with failed ideas like Harrison Ford's dog ordering dogfood.

I agree on both accounts. Game was ok, better at the end, but the Rams' offense did not look like a SB caliber team. Commercials - didn't love them overall. Couple of good ones, but not a lot to write home about - and not nearly as much humor and creativity as I remember from the past.

Apparently it was lowest rated SB in a decade.

Seems like others agree with us.

We survived the super bowl. After gallivanting around atlanta on Friday we got home by 3 pm and holed up in the condo. We did go to Kroger on Saturday but before lunch. I ran around downtown on Sunday, it was hopping. Seems the city faired pretty well.

I second that. I've been lucky enough to see her twice when she toured alongside Rod Stewart. She is a remarkable woman

We have a channel on cable called AXS, not sure if it is new or what, but they have a lot of music related shows on.

Would love to see them in concert.

Chris we have that too but I rarely check out who or what they are showing but had I seen Fleetwood Mac listed I would have been there. Funny story 1st time we saw her some of us at work were discussing it. I mentioned how the wife and I agreed that she could go home with Rod but only if I got to home with Stevie. Well om=ne of the kids wanted to know why I wanted to home with some guy named Stevie. Well the one other person there not in their 20's and I damned near fell on the floor. I asked her if she knew who Fleetwood Mac was and got a no. Showed her Stevie Nicks on my computer and then she understood. Just glad we weren't going to see someone from the 60's like the Safari's

So today was chilly out, DW is getting ready to travel for work. So I spent the day with my head buried in Excel making a packing list for camping season. Have a sheet for the Truck, Trailer, Pantry, Fridge, and then one each for our personal clothes. :surfweb:

Was supposed to pick up the trailer on Tuesday, but Mother Nature is saying No to that. Snow and Ice predicted for the area, so trying to pick it up now on Saturday.

In case you all did not think i was crazy enough, i decided to sign up for an ultra trail race. An ultra is any distance over a marathon, 26.2 miles. This one was supposed to be a 50K, it was actually 29.5 miles on my Garmin so a little short but it did not matter. It was very, very cold at the start and was 4,167 feet of elevation gain. i finished under 8 hours. Mallory had a great time. She got lots of attention.

Her at the fist aid station. She stayed in the car her but at the second aid station bert took her out. Plus aid station 2 was right around the corner from the finish line.

mallory at aid 1.jpg

She was so tired when we got home. She had feeding one and was out. We did wake her for feeding two and to take her out.

tired mallory.jpg

If you want to see my long recap of the race. i think the link at the bottom will get you there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-running-thread-2019.3726898/page-64

Congrats on the race and double kudos for finishing Love the pic of The Rock Star in the back of the car. Has that "Here I am, Come forward and pay attention to me I know you like to do that and I want YOU to be HAPPY "

Congratulations on the race, wow that is way too far to run. Did one 10k while in the service and Neinmagen (sp) which is 100 total miles in 4 days, 25 miles each day with a 45 pound pack and weapon. Had to do a qualifier 100 miles then the actual event. Finished the event, went to doctors for pain in feet, stress fractures is both feet, wanted to cast them both and put me in a wheelchair. Couldn't since I was on the second floor of an old barracks, so they put a cast on the worst and I got crutches.

Love the dog in the back enjoying a coke.

Chris Was that in Holland ? My first thought was Nijmegan Bridge an objective of the 82 Airborne Div. during Operation Market Garden on Sep 17 1944. ( See the movie "A Bridge Too Far" or better yet read the book ) Funny how you flashed back to that while I went back to final week at Fort Benning before heading to Field 6 and Jungle Warfare training

Congrats Kris.

Hopefully you have that big sense of accomplishment. That's what made the long distance cycling worth it. Something about pushing and finally crossing the finish. I either had a huge smile or tears. Depended on how it went.

Chris- 100 miles in 4 days. I'm not sure they do that kind of thing anymore. I'm not sure the Crucible even covers that kind of distance.

j

I might be making a trip to the Fort in 2019 after all. June, DW`s best friend, who many met at the GSP meet in 2017, is bringing her new Class A to the Fort the week after Labor Day. He son and d-i-l and 2 grand kids are going to stay in a Cabin. Donna can't get a whole week off, but we can probably swing a long weekend again. We have quite a few Disney points on the Chase card so this could almost be a "free" weekend if we stay with June in the MH.

Not sure if we'd do parks, but likely will do at least 1 or 2 days depending on how long we come down for.

j

In case you all did not think i was crazy enough, i decided to sign up for an ultra trail race.
Congrats on the race Kris. Maybe not 50K, but 29.5 and uphill, I think the math works out the same.
I'm know Mallory got lots of attention, but I'm kinda wondering about that can of Coke in front of her, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts