The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Oh yeah, Ed had cooked up a custard pie and folks I gotta say, the man has a talent in the kitchen.

I don't know, that still sounds like a challenge to make Trails End fried chicken, just sayin.

However, Ed, in future reference, it is not wise to let the 6 y/o hand le the can of Reddi Whip on her own.

Why that sounds just like something an Uncle would do:rolleyes:

Flashback Wednesday

I have a big roll top desk we got for a wedding present. Ian was looking for someplace to put some work papers and found a WDW ticket from 1993. My parents used to own condos in St. Pete. We would drive over to Disney for a day and go to EPCOT or MGM.

Here is a single day ticket from August 5th, 1993.

20171004_175422-907x1612.jpg

Now for the sad part. It has the price on the back.

20171004_175434-907x1612.jpg

j

Last edited:

Ian met me when I got home from work tonight and said he got a letter from Disney. I figured it was something for his annual pass. NOPE. He got a pretty nice pin code. I now have 2 reservations for late February/early March. One at the Fort and one in a Preferred Room at All Star Sports. Both for essentially the same price.

Now I just have to see what the AP discounts will be. They should drop sometime next week.

j

Last edited:

Ian met me when I got home from work tonight and said her got a letter from Disney. I figured it was something for his annual pass. NOPE. He got a pretty nice pin code. I now have 2 reservations for late February/early March. One at the Fort and one in a Preferred Room at All Star Sports. Both for essentially the same price.

Now I just have to see what the AP discounts will be. They should drop sometime next week.

j

Looks like we'll just miss you Jim. Our plan is March 9 through 16 or 17th. Cool grab on the code.

Looks like we'll just miss you Jim. Our plan is March 9 through 16 or 17th. Cool grab on the code.
I'm still playing with dates. We are finally opening a new tower at work on March 2nd weekend. I don't have to be there for the lead up, but should be there for the first week of open. I tried different weeks from mid-February through mid-March and all the weeks except the last of February/first of March week were more expensive. By mid-March, you are bumping into Spring Breaks and I'm not getting near that again.

j

I'm still playing with dates. We are finally opening a new tower at work on March 2nd weekend. I don't have to be there for the lead up, but should be there for the first week of open. I tried different weeks from mid-February through mid-March and all the weeks except the last of February/first of March week were more expensive. By mid-March, you are bumping into Spring Breaks and I'm not getting near that again.

j

That is true, the week we come in is the first week of jacked up prices. $175 on a premium, like $152 on a full. If we go in June it's much less expensive, but then I miss out on the GSP Dismeet and I ain't doing that, so more expensive it is.

Mississippi's spring break is a bit early so I'm hoping the crowds won't be crazy yet that early in March, but we'll see. Our neighbors went last year and they said the crowds really weren't that bad until that last Friday and Saturday. So no big deal.

Weather beautiful here. A little humid but it's 60. The ac only ran for a couple hours last night before it cooled off. Sitting outside with dogs drinking coffee. The plan is to go to blood mountain to do a 6 mile loop on the Appalachian Trail. I had a pic similar to the one posted on the other thread but I need to resize. Will go up later.

FE876159-CB91-48CC-BC0C-66BC35503A97.jpeg E63E0DA1-0191-40F4-81D6-FD342679407B.jpeg 2380CA12-20B6-41CA-A8C7-5B2051981417.jpeg Jim no punctuation. I think both of them would drink it.

Let's see how this goes with pictures. After bert and I finished coffee, we walked the rock stars around.

Having issues with connection on iPad so working off phone. Forgive the out of order.

Then we hiked the Appalachian trail. We climbed 1600 ft to the top of blood mountain. Unfortunately we had a lot of cloud cover. Here are some pretty tree pictures.

5FBFFAAB-8F98-463A-90EC-6C7C41740980.jpeg 03B6E560-2A0F-499E-97F3-111518364435.jpeg

Next into downtown Blairsville for lunch. Burger and fries. It was pretty late so probably have snacks for dinner. Here is the historic townhall I think.

EA0E24AA-AC03-4E72-B4BF-0054F61F5920.jpeg

We have showered so next is to set up and take the dogs outside.

There are not a lot of trees at the campground. It has beautiful views of the mountains but no trees. The one benefit is yeti’s tail is pretty clean.

That looks great, Kris. Ian said it looks just like rural Illinois.

We went into the little tourist rivet town of Grafton and then a trip across the Illinois River on the ferry. Hit the farm towns and made a big circle to the campground.

j

Well well well...what do we have here? I had no idea of this thread.

I found it by clicking on the recent posts for all forums. Cause it's Saturday and this weeks homeschool week/harvest week has kicked my as$ and I need to binge watch Netflix and stare at my phone all day to recover.

Newest addition to the Tiggerdad household.
IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

The two DDs have named her Pepper. She is a rescue dog who was found nearly starved. She is now fattening up and vaccinated. An energy bomb to say the least.

Bless her heart. She tries to play with the cats but so far to them she is just a mobile scratching post.

Yay tiggerdad. Should I ask about the older baby? Rescue dogs are great. Hope she makes it to GSP!

Yay tiggerdad. Should I ask about the older baby? Rescue dogs are great. Hope she makes it to GSP!

Older baby Dixie is not good. She has been diagnosed with cancer last week. We are unfortunately having to face a heartbreaking decision very shortly.

We've actually had Pepper now for 3 weeks and it was only after we adopted her that we found out about Dixie's illness. She's been with us 17 years this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!