The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

This is an amazing shot!

Thanks, Tammie. This year, if there is no line, I want to get the posed shot with the lantern. We'll see...

Awe this one is just precious! I hope she always feels like a princess.

Isn't she? Her parents were so incredibly sweet too- just a precious memory!

Really, someone should tell those animals to get a room! :rotfl2:That's like the deer crossing joke where the lady tells them not to post it because the deer shouldn't be crossing there.:confused3

:laughing:

GET A ROOM!

Yes!! The location and ambiance absolutely make this meal! Nathan recommends the chicken and waffles (though I don't seem to see it on the menu now...) Other than that, we weren't enthused about the entrees (though we didn't have the french toast OR the Eggs Bennie.) But the atmosphere, service, and the buffet selections were fantastic!! (Esp. deviled eggs, the sushi options, and honeycomb slathered on pretty much anything!)

I am willing to wait at this one for a window table. Even if it's a bit. Like you say... the view/ambiance make the meal here- although the menu sure sweetens the deal!

Yay!! This has become a staple favourite for us.

I don't know too many people that haven't loved their meal there!

Oh my goodness! Funny and beautiful photo.

HAHA! Thanks!

Ooh, I'm interested to hear your review of this one.

Many reviews coming up....!

Excited to hear this! Citricos seriously won us over when we went. Much more so than Narcoossee's, interestingly enough.

Maybe if was YOUR review that I remember seeing and enjoying so much. Not Glenn's... LOL!!

Someday, I can compare the 2, but this is not that trip. HA!

Oh my goodness, congrats, Liesa! That's so exciting!

Thanks! More flying coming up on Sunday!

Yeah, now that I'm on a decent computer and can quote or mutli-quote without an act of congress, CONGRATS Liesa! Cool deal!

Thanks!! More to come this Sunday!

I seem to remembert hat the announcement was that it will be a set meal, not a buffet. So I could imagine the mushroom soup being part of that... But I do agree that it would be not the same as what it was and I am very sad about it.

That's almost even worse. Limited choices might be just as bad and a multitude of mediocre ones. But, yes, I can see that old favourite on there. It just seems to random and out of of place. Why not a new venue in Germany? I mean? A story supposed to be set in the German forest somehow being forced into the US West?? I don't get it....

I loved my meal at the Boathouse, food was great, service was great and if you go for a little walk through the outside part they have some really cool vintage boats parked there. Looking at the boats is possible even if you are not eating there I think. Michael has eaten at Morimoto's a few times and he always really liked it! It's a shame that you are missing Orlando Magical Dining Month by being there in October, not September. A number of the DTD restaurants have some really nice offers for that!

I saw that Festival somewhere online. Sounds fun- but maybe meant more for locals? Too bad, though I'm missing it. The Boathouse vintage boats sound fun to take a look at. Maybe I'll have time this trip! What did Michael get that he liked at Morimoto?

Ah! We have one for our next trip. I am still not totally decided if I want to spend that much money on brunch since we are currently saving for a big trip to Hawaii, so will be interested in your opinion a lot!

I confess it is a big wad, but I am going into this trip knowing I have some more pricey places lined up. The TIW card should help.

I remember being totally shocked by the prices when the Tuto Gusto Wine Cellar first opened. So I have never been that interested in it. But I have heard good things about it! And I just looked at the menu and thought that those paninis might make a nice relaxed lunch at Epcot... Looking forward to hearing a current review on it!

Oh dear! The menu looks reasonable enough, I after F&W, I can't imagine getting a lot other than a small plate and a glass of wine. I am excited to be reviewing this place!

Lovely, lovely picture!!! Sanaa is really a great place. I only have eaten there once so far, but we have a reservation there for lunch on our last day of the trip with Michael's CM friend and she usually gets a nice discount there, so that makes it even greater!! It was one of two restaurants that I had put on the list as a must eat for our upcoming trip (the other was a date night at Flying Fish).

Thanks!! And yes, discounts certainly make the price easier to swallow. I in turn will be interested to hear your review of FF. I was less than impressed.

Good reasoning! That would be a new restaurant for me as well. We had thought about it for this trip, but decided to try Jungle Skipper Canteen instead. Maybe I should try to add a Plaza reservation for another day...

My kids hated Skippers because they were too serious to play along. Ah well. :cool:

I can't do all the ADRs I want to, so may do it again in May with Mom.

I know how much you have been looking forward to it! I hope it lives up to your expectations!!

Me too!! LOL!! At the very least, I"m excited to photograph it. :yes:

We are going there as well! I wanted to book SciFi Dining but then they changed the menu and I was not happy and looked around and realised that depending on what you order, lunch at HBD would not be that much more, so we decided to go with it! I have only eaten there twice and both times the experience was a bit off (but the food delicious), so I hope three times will be the charm! But I was thinking of you and your Grandma when I booked it. I might even think about ordering an Apricot Sour in your and her honor.

I love it in there! Much quieter and chaotic than the other places at DHS. I need a quiet break in the day. The Cobb, if you enjoy that kind of salad, is EASILY splitable AND I *think* you can order a half size. Don't quote me, but I think so. Perfect for lunch.

I've had attentive service both times I've been there, and last time my server went above and beyond in asking for the apricot brandy for my cocktail. Nice touch! I hope you score a nice visit this time!

If you order one... post a photo and let me know! :hug: :goodvibes

Citricos is one of my never beens, too. However, it does not appeal to me at all for some reason. Maybe your review will convince me to try it!

I love how the DIS can open up options for people. I don't think I'd have considered several of the places I'd been to without reading others' reviews.

Ah, I would love to go there, but always am scared away by the price. Maybe I need to look at our plans and just throw it in somewhere as a possibility...

I think you should!

Last edited:
We'll be there in Sep, but possibly only one day where we might make it to DTD. I've never heard of this. Is this a Disney thing or an Orlando thing?

I hope you can take advantage of this deal! That's a pretty sweet gig at $35!

It's an Orlando thing. Lot's of restaurants offering three course meals for 35$: https://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

Thanks for the link!

Most of DTD sit downs, the restaurants at Swan and Dolphin all take part. In previous years some Disney locations took part as well, like Jiko, but this year they don't. It's a great promotion! Hope you can take advantage of it.

I wonder if they'll do it next year too- I'd plan that into a day~

It's a great plan, pretty much what I did on my trip.

Looking forward to your reviews and how that all worked for you. :)

OK, spoiler alert for both of you! I'll give you a sneak peak of my trip report. I had the BBQ Brisket Mac n Cheese at The Plaza, and I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure it's the standard Disney cheese sauce (which I like) but it's fancied up with corkscrew pasta (cavatappi, I think?). The brisket was tender and the BBQ sauce nice, maybe a touch sweet, but good for the meat and fine to have a little mixed into the top of the pasta. My only complaint is they put a layer of BBQ sauce at the bottom of the dish before adding the pasta. I found once I got to the bottom, that much BBQ sauce was a little too sweet and didn't mix that well with the cheese sauce (taste wise). If I were to have it again, I would ask for no BBQ sauce at the bottom. But other than that, I enjoyed it. Be warned it is a fairly heavy portion so you leave full - I didn't even get ice cream for dessert, and that never happens! I have to say, I've eaten at The Plaza 3 times, and although it's not fancy, it's perfectly good comfort food and a reasonable price if paying OOP.

Sneak peaks are awesome! (But I'm still going to read your TR!) I like fake cheese too! And wish they still had it at Pecos. :(

I will definitely ask for no sauce on the bottom as I also prefer the savory to sweet. (Same reason I don't care for chicken and waffles.) I have NO problem leaving food behind; just because it's there absolutely does NOT mean I need to eat it all. But, this will be my main meal of the day and I do think I may get one or two treats from the Party, so I guess we'll see... ?? Thanks a ton for the review, Jeff!

Sorry but your memory is incorrect here -- I've never eaten at Narcoossee's. Either you're thinking of someone else, or another restaurant? I remember that we loved Flying Fish (before renovation when they messed with the menu) and you didn't like it.

What? You're saying my memory ain't what it used to be? :lmao:

No offense, but I swear I heard the Goofy Yell when I read this.

:rotfl2:

Nope, I've never eaten at the Grand Floridian. My wife, daughters, and mother ate at the tea-thingee they have, but not me.

Tea is amazing! And I DO remember that. ;)

you-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:rotfl:

Maybe so, but look at who's telling them!

:blush:

Oops.

(Embarrassed. Not.)

I hope you can take advantage of this deal! That's a pretty sweet gig at $35!

You may be right
I may be crazy

But it just may be a Tiffins deal I'm looking for.

Actually, you're right it's a good deal, but even though Tiffins is $60, it would be hard to beat.

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a Tiffins deal I'm looking for.

Actually, you're right it's a good deal, but even though Tiffins is $60, it would be hard to beat.
:lmao:Well done. And thank you. I now have that song as a nifty brain worm.

And I agree. But if I didn't have to choose, I'd pick a DTD and do it. ::yes::

Great restaurant lineup!
We enjoy the Plaza and will be back on Monday :thumbsup2 and Citricos is actually DH's favorite signature (my 2nd behind Tiffins). We have never had a bad meal and service is outstanding; try to sit in Rony's section! Christine is wonderful, too.
I think you may know I'm with you on the AP change (and that mushroom soup :cloud9:) so I am both excited and sad about our dinner there TOMORROW might as it will be our last before the "dwarf buffet":P

:lmao:Well done. And thank you. I now have that song as a nifty brain worm.
What can I say, except YOU'RE WELCOME!
We might try one of them out on our resort day, but that depends on if we feel like going to DTD or just hanging out at the pool all day. Maybe dinner before we head over to yehaa Bob, but....the plan is/was to eat over there. Considering his first show is at 8:30, dinner at DTD before might be a better option.

OK, all caught up! I was five pages behind and it took me like three days to read everything that I was behind with! I'll explain my absence when I finally get to my next chapter on my TR, but all good things, just keeping we way too busy to find DIS time even on my phone.

Your picture scavenger hunt ideas sound good. I just don't have the patience to follow much of a plan other than loose guidelines. I like all your food choices, especially Morimoto. I love that place. It's pricey, but the food is good and I've never had anything bad there. In fact tomorrow morning when I book the ADRs for my trip with my parents in March we're going there!

I'd love to do the Brunch at Cali Grill, but I too eat so little that I'm not sure how worth it the cost would be. And as you'll see on my next TR as it unfolds, even Fran is having appetite problems.

Yay for you on flying and getting to operate the controls!

I hope things are going in the way that you wish to proceed. :flower3:

Thanks, Alison. Miss you around here!

That's so sweet of you to say! :goodvibes

All caught up, thanks for the link Leisa and hi to English Rose and Glennbo -- what a fun time at the DC Dis-meet !!
Re: FOOD -- we've each got our list as well. Rob, formerly MyPalPluto, had 19 items on his ... As for Morimoto, we've been 2x, Rob had the BuriBop done table side and still talks about it 2 years later! You MUST get the ribs!! I don't EVER order ribs, ever, and I dream of those!!! 20160920_175621.jpg 20160920_182921.jpg 20160920_180532.jpg

I know this is expensive for what I will probably end up eating, but that view! That elegance! The variety! I'm super looking forward to the unlimited mimosas, the Eggs Benedict, the Vanilla Bean French Toast, the charcuterie, and a hundred other amazing items available. I found this review that might be interesting to you if you find yourself in need of a delicious (er, I hope it is!) option. I doubt I'll spring for the Bloody Mary Bar, but I DO love a good one and might. Stay tuned....
I have been longing for this brunch for years. I've enjoyed both of Joshes write up about over at EasyWDW. I appreciated his break down for the costs. Though I love Bloody MAry's my stomache would neeed room for all that luscious food.

We ate Morimotto's on our Dec trip and loved the Peking Duck you can read about it in my TR linked in my siggy.
I'd love to try the Octopus Appy at Tiffins.

G is for: Getting Close and Getting Stuff Done
And here I am... 5 shifts left, 11 days until VACATION (oops, only 8 now)!!! Only 2 weekends to get sh... her stuff done! (And now, just like that, only 1. Because it takes me a long time to write an update.)

Normal people probably don't add extra stuff to do to get ready for vacation, but going to Disney is not a normal vacation and I am not normal. So I add stuff to my to-do list almost daily. It's honestly pretty ridiculous. But I love it and it keeps me busy and entertained. As much as hearing some of the things my patients say when coming out of anesthesia. That never gets old.

"I've been adding stuff to my Pinterest account for hours!"

"You're HOT! Will you marry me?"

"I'm craving chicken pot pie. Do you have that here?"

But I digress....

I got off early today (obviously, I started writing this on Friday) and was determined to finally start on the window decoration ideas I've had swirling around in this cluttered brain of mine. Among other tabs open in my mind, aside from flying on Sunday (well, I was going to, until a few minutes ago- I guess the Cessna is due for its 100-hour inspection, so that'll have to wait until Wednesday), Oktoberfest tomorrow (yesterday), laundry, helping my son navigate starting his new job at Home Depot, and a hundred other things, is making a window display and door hangar "guestbook" for my resort room. Did you enjoy that exemplary run-on sentence?

In trying to bring in elements of both main events- Food and Wine and MNSSHP- I found this PERFECT little sign:

I'll use some Fall/Halloween-y ribbon to hang it from the curtain rod or something.

Then, I'm making some swag to hang in strips like this:

On the little ghosts I'll write down some of the things I have planned for the trip. Maybe. I might run out of steam before I get to that point. I want to find some food photos from magazines to add the garlands to bring in more Food and Wine to the display too, but steam is in short supply these days.

To top it all off, I have a string of orange and purple twinkle lights and some LED candles for the sill. Because bringing the party indoors is a good thing.

I've also been busy at the Camera Shop.

Did myself a favor and picked up one of these:

https://digital-photography-school.com/review-tamron-18-400mm-zoom-lens/

By trading in one of my stock 18-55's that was 8 years old and my 75-300, I got this one which does the work of both of those and better. In a few things, size matters. Even better, the nice shop guy threw in some UV filters and a new camera bag that fits my body (no, not MY body, that'd be a gigantic bag) and lens perfectly for free. Free is good; free with chocolate is better.

I tested the new lens out yesterday at Oktoberfest and came away with these... so far, happy with it. Not the best photos as I was with friends and didn't have time to set up the shots as I'd have liked, but the lens does what I want it to and that's what matters.

Funniest entry:

The license plate is a particularly nice touch.

Random shots: (I'm kinda partial to the hood ornaments.)

Is this your Little Deuce Coupe? (Stop bragging, Babe; I won't put you down. ;) )

Favorite car there- bar none.

Enough car show! Time for beer and polka! The entire town of Mt. Angel, pop. 3,500, swells to 20,000 for a weekend every September. Bands are even flown in from Munich by Lufthansa; it's no small deal.

I didn't get a photo of my kraut smothered sausage; I was too busy stuffing my fat face. But I did get one of the more healthy (and not nearly as delicious) fondue plate.

The polka providers:

And for kicks and giggles, how about a bit of alpenhorn? Like the EPCOT Biergarten, but 3 times better.

Alright, enough of non-Disney stuff.

I got the BEST package in the mail on Thursday! @Chrystmasangel came to my rescue in the pom-pom department and sent these along with some other very sweet goodies! You are the bestest! They are perfect for completing my Tink Bounding costume!

Her sweet daughter made me some little pins as well and I adore these cute little gifts as well:

(No idea why I can't make these bigger photos- see? size matters.)

The last bit I have to share is the new tiny purse I got for carrying in the parks. I'm kinda in love with it. Most importantly, it fits my giganta-granny-phone in it. But there's also room for the equally important sundries like some bandaids, mole skin, Excedrin, ID, gum, etc... The only thing it doesn't hold are my sunglasses. Which sucks.

And that should do it. A smattering of this and that in terms of Disney Prep. I'll leave you with the Countdown Photo of the Day:

Thanks, @pkondz for removing that annoying wire!

Until next time, Friends!

Last edited:
As much as hearing some of the things my patients say when coming out of anesthesia. That never gets old.

I am pretty sure I only said: "I am very thirsty". And I really was soooooooooo thirsty!

To top it all off, I have a string of orange and purple twinkle lights and some LED candles for the sill. Because bringing the party indoors is a good thing.

The decorations all sound fabulous! And those lights will be nice to have inside the room as well.

Even better, the nice shop guy threw in some UV filters and a new camera bag that fits my body (no, not MY body, that'd be a gigantic bag) and lens perfectly for free.

Yay! This reminds me of one of the "Fake English" words we have in German. Germans like to use English terms for certain things that are not the correct terms. For example we say "handy" for a mobile phone. But because it sounds English, Germans will not realize that they have to translate that English sounding word into English. A German might tell you that you should call him on his handy. Another popular example is "public viewing". And the one that came into mind here is: "body bag".

Enough car show! Time for beer and polka!

I was wondering a bit as I was expecting Oktoberfest events!!

Yes, that looks more like it! And I approve of the tables and benches, those are the real ones! Not the fake chairs they have at Biergarten in Epcot!

I got the BEST package in the mail on Thursday! Chrystmasangel came to my rescue in the pom-pom department and sent these along with some other very sweet goodies! You are the bestest! They are perfect for completing my Tink Bounding costume!

@Chrystmasangel truly is an angel. Those are spectacular!!

:rotfl:

I don't remember/haven't been told of any funny things I said coming out after my surgery. But I DID say some ridiculous things on fentanyl after the fact, including that there were dinosaurs on my ceiling.

the nice shop guy threw in some UV filters and a new camera bag that fits my body (no, not MY body, that'd be a gigantic bag)

:laughing::laughing:

But in all seriousness, nice!! Sounds like a great lens purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter