MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that EMM was intended to be an hour and they start at 7:45 to give you an extra 15 minutes to walk in. 7:45 is kind of an an odd start time. If they did let people in at 7:30 they would still waste 7 minutes walking and wish it opened at 7:15.

No one ever mentions going into storybookland/fantasyland at the 9 a.m. rd. Ariel ride or barnstormer? or meet and greet with characters? I was wondering why that's not a popular option. Is it not open yet? And does anyone go to the other character area near the carousel at 9?

Last year when we went EMM wasn't offered in November. We decided to do rope drop for the first time. We had scored an 8am 7DMT fast pass as park opening hours changed to 8am that day (I believe it was a Sunday). We watched the opening show, and headed straight to meet Ariel (son's favorite princess). She wasn't there and they offered us to do the Little Mermaid ride and she should be there. We walked onto that ride. Went back and still no Ariel. We went and grabbed a snack and drink. Still wasn't there. At that point we said we were going to do our fast pass. Cast member was a little snippety which was uncalled for given it was almost 9 at this point. 7DMT was down. Went back & Ariel was finally there. At this point there was now a line and took us about 10-15 minutes to get through. Went back to 7DMT & it was fixed.

Ok, it looks to me that all the EMMs have disappeared from the calendar? I checked on my chrome and internet explorer. How odd! I wonder if the site is having issues or if something else is going on?

Ok, it looks to me that all the EMMs have disappeared from the calendar? I checked on my chrome and internet explorer. How odd! I wonder if the site is having issues or if something else is going on?
I was about to post the same thing then refreshed the website and now they give a message that they're having problems with the reservation system

edit - and now the message is gone but it's still showing no dates available

Seven dwarves is down at the moment…Hopefully it’ll be running soon… Right now they are saying we can use our bands in fast pass until 11

Seven dwarves is down at the moment…Hopefully it’ll be running soon… Right now they are saying we can use our bands in fast pass until 11

Thank you for posting. We are here too and were not told about using the band until 11. That sounds fair and is good to know!

Mini EMM report 8/21

Left Pop Century on bus at 645 or so.
Tried to get a Minnie Van but none responded for 15 min so got on the bus instead.

Checked in early and stood right outside train station until 745 release.

We made it to Fantasy Land in first group but was told Seven Dwarves was down for now but carousel, PP, Pooh, and Small World we’re open and our bands would be good for any of those rides and 7 Dwarves until 11am

Rode Peter Pan 2x and headed to Pooh only to find Dwarves open by 8:10.

Rode SDMT 5x...late opening clogged the line but 5 was good for us.

Did Pooh 1x

We did RD for BTMR then FP for Splash.

Made it to breakfast by 940.

Eggs, bacon, 2 types sausage, French toast, meats/cheeses, croissants, danish, fruit, quiche, etc

Good enough breakfast imo.

Had a great time and a lot of the big rides are done before the crowd.

Well worth it imo.

Never used the band as a fp in fantasy after 9am cause our plans were different

Also...the breakfast guy let it slip that EMM had 400 people today.
Not sure if that is news or known already

Interesting. I had only heard of estimates of around 200. If they have increased, I wonder if the availability to ride multiple times (combo of 10+) will decrease.

Thanks for the report.

Also...the breakfast guy let it slip that EMM had 400 people today.
Not sure if that is news or known already

Interesting. I had read about 200, but when I said that to my husband, he said, "Look around. There are more than 200 people here...probably almost double that." We didn't have any troubles riding as much as we wanted to, though. SDD wasn't quite the walk-on that it was last year, but we still rode as many times as we wanted and never had much of a wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter