MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to book 11/18 a few days ago and it would not go through. Then I noticed that it's sold out. I was wondering what happened. I'm hoping four spots magically appear because that would be a great way to start a birthday :)
I was just checking just to see if there were openings on 11/18 and looks like there is availability for a party of 1, 2 or 3 but then it doesn't have anything for 4 ppl. Hopefully 1 more spot opens up for you!!!

Lol!

Curious to see when they start it. It would be quite popular with my fam, so I’m intrigued.

It would be very popular for us as well - when they offered it a couple of years ago, we found that the breakfast at DHS was quite better than the EMM MK one and we had such a great time meeting characters during that time as well - I'd love to see this return!

No one ever mentions going into storybookland/fantasyland at the 9 a.m. rd. Ariel ride or barnstormer? or meet and greet with characters? I was wondering why that's not a popular option. Is it not open yet? And does anyone go to the other character area near the carousel at 9?

No one ever mentions going into storybookland/fantasyland at the 9 a.m. rd. Ariel ride or barnstormer? or meet and greet with characters? I was wondering why that's not a popular option. Is it not open yet? And does anyone go to the other character area near the carousel at 9?
The characters in the back arent there until after 10am. We usually head that way after 10am and after breakfast, but definitely not at 9am. A waste of time in my opinion.

We don’t meet characters, and we’ve found that it’s easy to get on the Ariel ride and Barnstormer almost any time during the day while we’ve been here.

I'm going to be heartbroken if they add EMM for DHS and the dates don't work for my October trip. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: CJN
I'm going to be heartbroken if they add EMM for DHS and the dates don't work for my October trip. Fingers crossed!

Ditto for November.

I’d so much rather do this than the MK version - partly due to the different rides and partly due to being an easy walk or boat ride away and partly because I’d like having another breakfast option in DHS. This would be perfect for us.

My 4 year old is character obsessed. So we typically rope drop both sides of Fairy Tale Hall, hit breakfast at about 9:20. We are typically in line to meet Gaston by 9:45. Then we voyage under the sea and use our first FP to meet Ariel. Then we head into Barnstormer, Dumbo, meet Minnie and Daisy, tea cups. We usually are done with everything think in Fantasyland in time for a 11:45 lunch in the castle and are on our way back to the hotel for naps by 1. It works for what my kids want to do and is typically our first full morning.

Is there any rhyme or reason on how EMHs are picked? Or is it pretty much the same schedule over and over?

First things first, thanks to all who have posted their experiences/strategies...I was lurking on this thread for about a month before we went and learned a couple of really good tidbits...only right I provide mine.

Did EMM on 8/7. Had no issues catching a bus from Caribbean Beach. Actually got to MK around 7:25. We ended up towards the front of the entrance and with some people stopping to take pictures, we were the 3rd and 4th people on the first Mine Train. Based on others advice, we then went and rode Peter Pan twice and Pooh once (all with no waits). Then back to Mine Train for 6 more rides. Would have had time for two more but 6 in a row (7 total) was enough. Did Carousel (why not) and one more Peter Pan (around 8:50) with no wait.

Got held at Peter Pan until 9 as we wanted to be one of the first on Splash. Those from the Hub got there before us. Not a huge deal as we probably only waited about 5-10 min after walking most of the queue but by the time Splash was done, Thunder Mountain was 20 so we skipped it. Did Haunted Mansion (10 min?). Got to breakfast around 9:45. Left breakfast around 10:15 and there was still a ton of food out.

Really loved this experience. Knowing this was going to be part of our plans, we didn't use FP+ for Mine Train or Peter Pan the other days we were in MK which opened them up for other things.

never been to gaston because lines were always long. do you think for the 9 a.m. part we should go to see him and if so is he even there that early or he's also part of the ten a.m. showing up? and is it bad for the stomach to get fp to btm and splash after eating because i just don't want to walk there at the 9 a.m. time and then walk back to breakfast before ten.

never been to gaston because lines were always long. do you think for the 9 a.m. part we should go to see him and if so is he even there that early or he's also part of the ten a.m. showing up? and is it bad for the stomach to get fp to btm and splash after eating because i just don't want to walk there at the 9 a.m. time and then walk back to breakfast before ten.

Gaston meets daily from 10am-4:30pm in Gaston’s Tavern Courtyard. Source: http://wdwent.com/mk/mk.htm

Got held at Peter Pan until 9 as we wanted to be one of the first on Splash. Those from the Hub got there before us. Not a huge deal as we probably only waited about 5-10 min after walking most of the queue but by the time Splash was done, Thunder Mountain was 20 so we skipped it.

I wonder if folks from the hub typically make it over there first?

The rumor for the EMM at DHS has only come from that one source...is that right? Does anyone know if blogmickey tends to be accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!