MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when these sell out? Wondering how long before someone should make a reservation, holding out on paying until the last minute.

Any idea when these sell out? Wondering how long before someone should make a reservation, holding out on paying until the last minute.

I know June 12 and 17 sold out by early-mid May (or maybe it was even late April, I just can’t remember for sure) because I looked to book them and was taken by surprise when they weren’t available. Luckily on a random day extra openings showed up for both and I was able to book, but I learned my lesson about waiting too long if you really want it!

Any advice for a grandma and grandpa taking their 2 year old granddaughter and parents for EMM on July 17th. Our DGD has never been to WDW and this is Mom and Dad's first visit since the 1980's.

Since I was going to buy meals for everyone anyway (we've got a 10:30 CP ADR the next day) I figured this was a good way to kick off their MK days and enjoy a meal. Of course I will want DS and DD in law to ride 7 DMT don't think DGD will meet height factor or scare factor of this.

So in my thinking I'm getting PP and WTP done with breakfast and in the fast lane for Small World and Princess meet ups after that. Sound right?

Any advice for a grandma and grandpa taking their 2 year old granddaughter and parents for EMM on July 17th. Our DGD has never been to WDW and this is Mom and Dad's first visit since the 1980's.

Since I was going to buy meals for everyone anyway (we've got a 10:30 CP ADR the next day) I figured this was a good way to kick off their MK days and enjoy a meal. Of course I will want DS and DD in law to ride 7 DMT don't think DGD will meet height factor or scare factor of this.

So in my thinking I'm getting PP and WTP done with breakfast and in the fast lane for Small World and Princess meet ups after that. Sound right?
I'd also use the time to get a great family picture in front of the castle. We have gone twice and always do this. Takes an extra 5-10 minutes, but so worth it. We usually get one in the center by the Hub and then there's a spot off to the side just before you go over the bridge. That's a great spot because there's no one behind you.

Also plan for the carousel and check the teacups and see if they opened early. the last time we went they did. If Small world doesn't open up early, they will hold everyone back with a rope until 9am.

How wonderful. I would get a great picture. Ride Winnie the Pooh or the carousel first for your grand daughter. Enjoy Peter Pan and Pooh as much as she wants and let the others enjoy mine train. At 9:00 do princesses and Belle. You will get a jump start on fantasy land.

Just booked this for August 5th. We were considering the After Hours event on the 4th but $129 a pop is pretty steep. Figured we'd just do this Sunday morning and fastpass 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12 for Space, Big Thunder, and Splash.

Isn’t today the day we’d know if there was emm 12/1 for those in the 180+10? I’m so curious to know if emm is continuing in to December.

I haven't read this entire thread, so this may already have been answered.
What happens if one of the designated rides goes down during EMM? Is there a policy set in place? I've heard different things from different people.

What happens if one of the designated rides goes down during EMM? Is there a policy set in place? I've heard different things from different people.
They will open an alternative ride like It's a Small World. The first time we went Mine Train was down until 8:30, so Small WOrld was opened. The problem was, very few people knew. We went on a boat by ourselves (which was awesome). It ended up being great for us, as we have a little one and didn't plan on multiple rides on Mine Train (just one each), but others were upset. But to my knowledge, no refunds, even partial were given. The ride did open before park opening and I think they just guarantee 3 rides and have the option to change them at any time.

Thank you. Small world is hardly compensation for 7DMT but what can ya do. I would think they'd at least give out anytime fastpasses.

Thank you. Small world is hardly compensation for 7DMT but what can ya do. I would think they'd at least give out anytime fastpasses.
If a ride goes down, they will let you use the FP line until noon. That was our experience and what I’ve read in other experiences. But I think most people do EMM so they will be out of Fantasyland early, so in most cases, it doesn’t really help.

The most consistent “policy” (if you want to call it that) is that if 7DMT is down at any point, they will give folks unlimited use of the FP line through noon that day (you show your EMM wristband for access). We considered this a great substitute and it actually worked out better overall for our style (we can’t ride 7DMT back-to-back-to-back like that), but it may not work so well for those with other plans/touring styles.

On our morning, they also opened up Small World and Tea Cups as well.

Rides being down is a rare occurrence, but it can happen, of course.

If one were to be really unlucky and come across multiple down rides without any alternatives, a stop by Guest Relations that day may not be a terrible idea.

Thanks everyone. I know they are usually pretty good at compensating for unexpected situations.
I have made reservations for a Fantasyland EMM for our vacation in October. We don't spend a lot of money on extras while there, but this seems to be a great way to ride a couple of our favorite rides... and a decent breakfast to boot!

We did EMM Sunday 5/20. I wanted to share my mixed experience. I parked at TTC at and we were on the platform for the resort monorail by 7:15 (express train was not running this early). We just missed getting on the first train leaving. Waited another 5 minutes for the next train. The real issue came at the Poly stop. The train stopped and maybe 10 people boarded. Then we waited... and waited... and waited. No one else was coming through security but the train stayed in place for 15 minutes!! By the time we left the Poly stop, it was already 7:45! We finally moved and the stop at GF was not very long. I don't know what time we actually arrived because we were trying to hustle back to Fantasyland. My guess would be we walked through the gates around 8am. We immediately got in line for SDMT and there was maybe a 3-4 minute wait. It was raining but not hard. We boarded (1st & 2nd row!) and rode for what we thought would be the first of several rides. When the ride was done and we were waiting to pull into the station, we noticed the train that people just boarded being unloaded and the crew backing an empty train out of service. After about 5 minutes, we were finally pulled up and allowed to unload. We were told the ride was down until further notice (technical problems, not lightening) and our wristbands would be good for the FP+ line until 11am. We proceeded to ride Peter Pan 3 times followed by Winnie the Pooh twice. It was about 8:50am and SDMT was still down so we waited by Princess Hall to meet Rapunzel and Tiana. We were the first ones in at 9am and were heading to Haunted Mansion by 9:10. We rode HM and came back for breakfast, which was very good for a buffet. We did talk to a couple who got stuck on SDMT while on the ride for 25 minutes and they were compensated with 2 multi-experience FP+ each. They did not feel that was enough and I would agree. SDMT did open back up around 10:30/10:45am but we were in Frontierland and decided against trying to run back for another ride. While it was a little disappointing, I would still recommend EMM for the jump it gives you on the rest of your day. If SDMT didn't go down, I would have given the experience a solid "A" But being able to knock out those 3 rides as well as 2-3 others at rope drop before eating breakfast gives you a huge advantage if you want to get a lot done in one MK day. We were there from 8am to 8pm and we rode 27 rides in total (including repeats) and never felt like we were rushing. I would consider doing it again. I was definitely a little angry about the SDMT situation but my kids still love Peter Pan and Pooh and their smiling faces brought me back from the brink of going to guest services.

Anyone else go on 5/20? I'd love to hear how others fared.

Sorry, I'm late responding here but just wanted to say Thank You for taking the time to come tell us about your experience. I have posted a link to you review on Post #3.

Sounds like you had a bit of a bumpy morning, but I'm glad you were able to make the most of the day.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter