• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The “Did Belle just roll her eyes at me?” OKW trip report with pics!

Hi Shan, I enjoyed reading your trip report, :goodvibes , and thanks for the heads up on alot of things you experienced this trip! :flower:
Also thanks for sharing some of your pictures. Your DD`s are soo cute !!!

(Why don’t they sell OKW T-shirts for kids???)
Several years ago I found some at Character Premiere or Wharehouse in the Belz Mall (for like $5 each). They had Mickey and Minnie in a boat rowing by the OKW lighthouse and it said "We're on our way to OKW" underneath the pic. But you're right, in the past 3 years I haven't seen any. I know I saw some kids shirts at BWV in 2003.
Your report was fun to read Shan. Sorry Belle gave you a 'tude ! Sorry you felt sort of trapped at OKW.....I can understand how some could feel this way during bad weather. Personally, we never really noticed it. But I think because we usually stay in a 2 bedroom we don't feel as cramped. But overall, I was happy to hear you had a better room experience at OKW---and especially that you got a tub ! I had my fingers crossed for you :flower:
Loved your pics---your dd's are so cute !

lennshanem said:
Turns out he had bought me crystal champagne flutes in the castle with Cinderella and the Prince engraved on them. Absolutely beautiful. He had them sent to OKW to surprise me later. Turns out he has felt guilty all these years for misplacing his champagne flute at our wedding reception after I told him to please not lose it. So maybe he does have his good moments!

Awww, Shan this got me a little teary! How sweet of him. :goodvibes It sounds like you had a fanstastic time and discovered the magic again. See, nothing to worry about! ::MickeyMo

When is your next trip again?

Great detailed report , Shan! I almost thought you were me! I also have two girls (7 and 3) and I was an Art major. We also had a grumpy princess encounter. At the Norway Princess Breakfast in Feb 05. Aurora was not a happy camper at all to be there! It was like a blur to think of it. I did not remember even taking the pictures til I saw them later on the camera. I know everyone has a bad day now and then but really this is a little girls dream to meet a princess! Now the Snow White that day out did any princess ever! She was so sweet! and totally into the character!
Good tips form your trip too! Thanks!

Great trip report!

We actually got attitude from Mickey last year at Donald's Breakfastasaurus! Mickey!?!
He really acted like he was ticked off because the autograph pen had rolled off the table after Goofy used it and we did not notice, too busy with cameras...........
We have it all on video and laugh about it now, but boy it colored our opinion of that character breakfast!

Great trip report, Shan! Love reading your reports.
Congrats on that add-on. I have been trying to convice DH to do one for over a year now. Keep getting that same answer, NO! UGH! ;)

Great trip report! We are doing CRT for the first time for our upcoming trip in July (new character lunch). DDs are 8 and 10, and I figure we'd better do this now before they are not interested in princesses at all! You've also inspired me to pool hop over to the Poly during our trip. Thanks again!!

I am sooooo not a princess girl, but I do understand how it breaks your heart to watch your little ones growing up. I am actually glad that my sons dont do characters all that much at all (the 5 year old has NEVER been interested....they frighten him - not badly, but enough that he doesnt want to go close), so we wave as we walk by and keep on moving.

I am glad you are looking at your video and getting a laugh at Belle. Shame on her! But you know, she does live with a beastly man. :earboy2:

Glad to see you had such a good trip after feeling blah about thing for a while! Thanks for sharing.

Shan - don't despair about the princess thing! My DGD is almost 10 and still loves princesses and would dress up all the time if the costumes still fit her (she is now A 14/16 or into juniors so none there unless I make them for her.) We just planned activities for the August trip and she chose two princess character meals (Akershus and 1900 Park Fare) and the Wonderland Tea.

She is definately a girly-girly! You still have one more chance at it!

Glad you had a great trip. I'll be looking out for Alice and Belle!

Great trip report! Sorry about the nasty attitude Belle had! Some of the princesses always try to stand in front of those big windows -terrible sun glare for photos!

Great trip report.

We took my daughter to the princess character breakfast exactly one week after you took your kids. No eye rolling for us, but did get some great pictures of my daughter. She couldn't stop smiling. I need to update the picture of her with the one we got of her and Cindi in their dresses.

Good news about LMAX is that they have tightened up the show, as well as added some additional stunts. It now clocks in at 30 minutes and is getting much better reviews.

We stayed at both BWV's and VWL and went to OKW for dinner one night. It was our first trip home and we can't imagine ever leaving the Epcot area ever again.

Just move out on the weekend and stay at the Poly next time. Thats what weekends are for.

Does a studio feel crowded at all with two daughters. DW and I are expecting our second daughter in Sept. and it looks to be 1 bedrooms in the future for all our trips.

Thanks for all the nice posts! :goodvibes
(And HI! to everyone! :wave: )

We really did have a great time. :Pinkbounc

Today I booked the same week for next year. This time I got to book at our new home at VWL! :love: Those extra points will come in handy, especially since we were in point debt! :blush: That weather was just too wonderful. I think we got spoiled.

Ken, congrats on the new addition to your family. We have been fine so far in the studios, but then again we've never stayed in a larger unit to compare it to. It is like normal to us. :confused3
I have figured though, that once the girls become teens we'll use our BCV points for a two bedroom and our VWL for a studio for DH and myself. Should work out well.

Right now given we are a half day's drive away we would rather stay more nights in a studio than less nights in a larger unit. Girls are small enough we can do it. We get several trips a year doing it this way. Unfortunately, we have come to despise moving on the weekends so now we're staying on the higher point nights. too. pirate:

Anyway, thanks again everyone! :cool1:

Wonderful report, Shan! I haven't been consistent in checking the DVC Community board lately, but I'm glad I did today.

Congrats on your recent VWL purchase! But don't buy so many points you can't occasionally stay at the Polynesian for a couple days -- we hope to continue doing that every 2 or 3 years. Nobody would be happier than me if DVC built there, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

Where were you in WS when you got smoked during Illuminations?

It's a shame your DDs couldn't do the Pirate Cruise. Only consolation I can think of is that it's a tough PS and you might not have gotten it. Have you asked about the new Pirate Cruise from the Yacht Club pier? See recent Vacation Magic. Maybe they don't do PB&J. Call WDW-PLAY to ask. If that doesn't work try the BC or YC front desk (or the new lobby concierge desk if they're in operation yet).

When you get around to applying for the Alice job, be sure to let me write a letter of reference for you!

What a great trip report and beautiful family!! I had just about given up on writing about ours(it was April 7-10) but now I may have to!

DS would have been SOOO excited to have seen the Power Rangers--they are his absolute favorite too! We've wondered since Disney bought the rights why we never saw them there--we'll have to seek them out next time.

Jen

Where were you in WS when you got smoked during Illuminations?

It's a shame your DDs couldn't do the Pirate Cruise. Only consolation I can think of is that it's a tough PS and you might not have gotten it. Have you asked about the new Pirate Cruise from the Yacht Club pier? See recent Vacation Magic. Maybe they don't do PB&J. Call WDW-PLAY to ask. If that doesn't work try the BC or YC front desk (or the new lobby concierge desk if they're in operation yet).

erik, we were beside the outside seating at Rose & Crown. The smoke was really bad, we even had ashes fall in our hair. Usually we are only up a little farther, more times than not we are over by the bridge going towards France. We've never had problems with smoke, but maybe we've just been lucky. I'm nervous to take her back to see it again. It really bothered my daughter. Guess I can notice which way the wind is blowing next time? I dunno.

I called both the GF and Y&BC pirate cruises. Both serve PB&J. I was told they'd serve her something else, but the thought of her out on a boat in the middle of the lake with kids eating PB&J all around her made me nervous, especially the GF cruise. I was told they'd take her EpiPen, but she or her sister would have to administer it. Well, she is 7 and her sister 4. My comfort zone isn't high enough for this. She seemed like the Never Land Club was a fair trade. (I really pumped it up to her!) Now, they have done the Alice tea party and they were GREAT! They've gone peanut free and sat her beside Alice with her food all wrapped up. I wish the cruises would go peanut free, too.

I think I can top that...
When we went to Liberty Tree for our first & only character dinner there *ever*, "Minnie" gave us *the finger*. Really. There was no mistake about it. My DH got a little tongue-tied when "Minnie" came along & called her
"Mickey" by mistake. So, she gave him the finger.
Luckily we didn't get a picture of it & our DD(who's 12) missed it. Needless to say, we will probably never go back.

agnes!

Shan, I am so glad I found your trip report! I am thrilled you guys liked Old Key West better this time. After your "handicapped lizard studio" form last trip, you sure deserved a nice room. We LOVE the Turtle Pond area and always enjoy that pool. Also like being so close to the bus stop!

The Poly is wonderful, isn't it? We always pool-hop and rent the boats, with Daddy taking both kids out like you guys did (I am tall enough but chicken I will get stuck in the middle of the lake). With t he DVC discount it is very reasonable and they are always generous with the minutes they give you. If they built a Polynesian DVC I would die of happiness. We like ot have lunch by the pool and we always have a meal at Kona or Ohana. I just love the whole area.

I was thinking of you during the whole "runaway bride" thing -- she is from you neck of the woods, yes?

xoxo

Hey colleen! :wave2:

Yep, the "runaway bride" is also from the Atlanta area, more on the other side though. That whole thing was a little mental, uh? :crazy:

We did have an awesome trip. :wizard:

Hey Shan :wave2: ,

I just found your TR and it sounds like you guys had a fabulous stay! I'm glad to hear you are not feeling burnt out by Disney anymore! I was nervous that I was burnt out after my trip in January, but now in just the last week or so I have gotten excited to plan another trip in the Fall. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful memories with us :)

P.S. I would love to see Belle rolling her eyes :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter